Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Looks like we need to start a new thread!

Also, here is a student's article about her experience at the UNH-Maine game last Friday.

Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Saw this on another thread. UHN fans are going to love it! A new ranking system that includes SOG.
    UHN has quite a ranking!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

And, SOS! But, UNH has plummeted from 1st to 4th in SOS after our split with Maine.

Comment

We're number 4! We're number 4!
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Saw this on another thread. UHN fans are going to love it! A new ranking system that includes SOG.
          UHN has quite a ranking!
          I guess "Big Mike" doesn't think Wins should be important. Another stats geek who can't bear the thought that this kind of baseball-friendly gibberish has no application to hockey. I knew this would happen once they got Felix Hernandez the Cy Young Award with a losing record a few years ago.

To paraphrase Herm Edwards ... you play to win the game. Simple enough, no?
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            UHN has quite a ranking!
            Just like you to wait until after we fell behind you!! :-)
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

So ... with a questionably-ranked, overrated Notre Dame team with a subpar road record (and below .500 HE record) coming to town, is anyone thinking "sweep" for UNH this weekend? Looks like scheduling Alabama-Huntsville three (3) times does wonders for the voters in those polls ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                So ... with a questionably-ranked, overrated Notre Dame team with a subpar road record (and below .500 HE record) coming to town, is anyone thinking "sweep" for UNH this weekend? Looks like scheduling Alabama-Huntsville three (3) times does wonders for the voters in those polls ...
                I watched some of their game last Saturday vs. Northeastern. They jumped out to a quick lead, then clamped down on the D. NU did shut them out on Friday but ND only gave up 14 shots, indicating to me that the Irish can play a pretty good defensive game. Maybe things will be different on a bigger sheet, hard to say. But UNH is down to their last eight games now, all against teams below them in the standings and five of the eight are at home. I'd say at a minimum they have to be 5-3 down the stretch to avoid the first round of the HE playoffs. I would feel more comfortable if they were 6-2 or even maybe 7-1. Or is that pie in the sky stuff?

Onto a more pressing matter for me. I still have two tickets for the Saturday game for sale (Section 107 Row K). Face value is $26 each and I would like to sell both but, of course I will listen all offers. I will have the tix with me on Friday night (Section 105, Row D on the blue line) if anyone wants to stop by for a visit. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                  UNH is down to their last eight games now, all against teams below them in the standings and five of the eight are at home. I'd say at a minimum they have to be 5-3 down the stretch to avoid the first round of the HE playoffs. I would feel more comfortable if they were 6-2 or even maybe 7-1. Or is that pie in the sky stuff?
                  My guess ... 5-3-0 won't be enough unless they get very lucky ... 6-2-0 could get it done ... and 7-1-0 is pie in the sky.

Comment

I watched some of their game last Saturday vs. Northeastern. They jumped out to a quick lead, then clamped down on the D. NU did shut them out on Friday but ND only gave up 14 shots, indicating to me that the Irish can play a pretty good defensive game. Maybe things will be different on a bigger sheet, hard to say. But UNH is down to their last eight games now, all against teams below them in the standings and five of the eight are at home. I'd say at a minimum they have to be 5-3 down the stretch to avoid the first round of the HE playoffs. I would feel more comfortable if they were 6-2 or even maybe 7-1. Or is that pie in the sky stuff?

Onto a more pressing matter for me. I still have two tickets for the Saturday game for sale (Section 107 Row K). Face value is $26 each and I would like to sell both but, of course I will listen all offers. I will have the tix with me on Friday night (Section 105, Row D on the blue line) if anyone wants to stop by for a visit. Thanks.
                    I'd say very minimum 5-3. Even then it would borderline. I think to get a bye(maybe home ice) UNH should be shooting for 13-14 points in these remaining games. And then a team or two ahead of us will have to lose a few of their remaining games. Maybe Maine or NU? Maybe even providence b/c they have some tough games left (BC, 2 @Maine).

But if Maine continues it's streak and doesn't win a game on the road and splits at home with PC then that's an easy way for UNH to go 5-3 and get a bye (but Maine is bound to get a road win, right?). But as you said I'd feel more comfortable if they get more than 10 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      ND's PWR/RPI/KRACH is anywhere from 9-12, higher than their ranking in either poll. A sweep would do UNH a world of good.
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

It now turns out that I have three tickets available. My thought is to sell the three in Section 105 (my season tickets, four rows from the ice on the blue line) and use the two in Section 107. I know 2014 is not like 1998 thru 2004 when people would knock down your door for tickets, but I am hoping for a bit of interest. And the price is negotiable of course. I'll have the tickets with me on Friday for those who might be interested. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          ND's PWR/RPI/KRACH is anywhere from 9-12, higher than their ranking in either poll. A sweep would do UNH a world of good.
                          Nothing less than a sweep is acceptable, in retribution for the Irish deterring the Cats from the Frozen Four with the 2-1 loss handed them in March 2011. A couple of the seniors played in that game, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Nothing less than a sweep is acceptable, in retribution for the Irish deterring the Cats from the Frozen Four with the 2-1 loss handed them in March 2011. A couple of the seniors played in that game, I think.
                            How about 2008 when we were a #1 seed in Colorado Springs, with four all-americans, including Regan who played his worst game of the year. I thought that team had a legit chance to win it all.

Comment

How about 2008 when we were a #1 seed in Colorado Springs, with four all-americans, including Regan who played his worst game of the year. I thought that team had a legit chance to win it all.
                              Well as you can see below, you've shown you have a keen eye for teams that are going to win it all.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                              X