Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
    Boston College in three games
    Vermont in three games
    Providence in two games
    New Hampshire in three games

New Hampshire 1, Providence 3
    Vermont 4, Boston College 6

Providence 3, Boston College 2 (OT)
    hey your a UNH guy at least have them beating Providence.

Comment

Qf's

bc/nd---bc in 3 (heart says nd in 3)

uml/vt---vt in 3

pc/me---pc in 2

unh/nu---unh in 2 (head says unh in 2, gut says unh in 2)

garden party

bc/vt---bc 2ot
      unh/pc--unh by 2 with an eng

bc/unh--unh 5-2 (bc gassed and beat up after 20t game)(willows has a shortie, pesce and knodel both have pp slappahs), sorkin and downing 1g apiece, goumas 3a!!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
        hey your a UNH guy at least have them beating Providence.
        I would LOVE to see it happen but I've seen this film play far too many times. We haven't won this thing since 2003 right? Unfortunately I don't see us starting new trends this year but hey they could surprise us and win HE. The puck is dropped for a reason I suppose. Go cats!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Qf's

uml/vt---vt in 3

pc/me---pc in 2

garden party

bc/vt---bc 2ot

bc/unh--unh 5-2 (bc gassed and beat up after 20t game)(willows has a shortie, pesce and knodel both have pp slappahs), sorkin and downing 1g apiece, goumas 3a!!
          And then I woke up.

(But hey, a guy can dream, right?)
          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Quite frankly Chuck this looks like a very likely scenario. But I LOVE the optimism e.cat brings to the table! Like I said...just get to the Garden. BC has too many big guns this year; plain and simple. Ya never know tho... excited it's almost GAME DAY! BRING IT 'CATS! Behind ya no matter what!
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-13-2014, 08:15 PM.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

BC in 2 over ND
              Lowell in 3 over VT
              Maine in 3 over PC
              UNH in 2 over NU

BC crushes Maine
              Lowell edges UNH, maybe an empty netter makes it 3 goal defeat.

BC wins it all over Lowell, probably by a couple of goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                And then I woke up.

(But hey, a guy can dream, right?)
                I have a dream, that one day.......

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Qf's

uml/vt---vt in 3

pc/me---pc in 2

garden party

bc/vt---bc 2ot

I like e.cat's scenario best, so I am endorsing that. :-)

And, then we beat Union and da Gophers for our first NC, after cruising through the Northeast Regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

And, then we beat Union and da Gophers for our first NC, after cruising through the Northeast Regional.
                    if we win three games will probably be 14 or 15 seed , bearing any tournament upsets. Puts us on track to play a union , But their are tons of if's

Comment

And then hell freezes over just because

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        And then hell freezes over just because
                        I was told at the FF in Buffalo that the Cats would win a NC when the Red Sox win a World Series. So, the Sox just won their third WS since 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          It says in the game notes that Saturday is a TV game for UNH...
                          You are correct, Saturday on WBIN, not Friday. Bit surprised that they only picked up one, or as they also carry Lowell games they didn't go with UML-Vermont on Friday, UNH-NU Saturday.

During the Saturday Merrimack-UNH game they interviewed someone from WBIN between periods on the 'Mack video stream and he mentioned that WBIN had floated the idea with the league of a weekly Hockey East 'game of the week' type package and wanting to carry games from every school.
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

UNH is .500 this season after week+ breaks:
                            4-2 L vs Cornell, 3-2 W vs Princeton (2 weeks off)
                            4-2 L and 4-2 W at Merrimack (1 week off)

EDIT: On it's own not that surprising as they are just about a .500 team this season (.542), but keep in mind they looked anemic that first night back against Merrimack and didn't really get it together until the second period the second night. Wasn't in Florida so can't speak for the Cornell game, but do remember expecting them to bury Princeton who had only 3 wins to that point and a -31 goal differential.
                            Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-14-2014, 05:03 AM.
                            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
                            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I was told at the FF in Buffalo that the Cats would win a NC when the Red Sox win a World Series. So, the Sox just won their third WS since 2004.
                              I was at that FF and heard Scarano say something like, "We're going to win it this time." You just can't believe what you hear anymore!

Comment

Honestly thought we overachieved to beat a strong Cornell team (we've had their number in the NCAA's in the 2000's [Worcester, Buffalo, Albany]) and then hang in with Minnesota for two periods. It is often forgotten that we were without our leading scorer for those two.
                                Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X