Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    We can dress it up however you like, but Notre Dame is still the #8 team in Hockey East. I said they were overrated during the week leading up to their sweep by UNH, and I'll say it again here and now. Just because they beat BC in the RS finale when the game meant absolutely zip, zero, nada to BC, but carried some valuable PWR points to ND, all of a sudden we have this contingent of fans (or at least e-cat anyway ) who suddenly think BC is going to struggle to get out of the QF. Please. Keep in mind ...

* ND played almost twice as many home games (22) as road games (12), with one neutral site
    * ND played/beat Alabama Huntsville about 9 times this season (OK - I exaggerated - *only* 3)
    * ND split with Minnesota (2 home games) and BC (see above; meaningless RS finale for BC)
    * Other than Minnesota and the Huntsville Red Army, ND's other non-conference opponents was littered with nothing more than teams hovering around .500 like Western Michigan, Michigan Tech, Minnesota-Duluth and Lake State - not exactly "running the gauntlet"

Teams that Notre Dame finished behind in Hockey East: soft teams like NU, UNH, UMaine and UVM

Somehow I think BC will find a way to squeak past this *vaunted* foe ...
    Wow. You make it seem easy. I'm all in!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Who would you want least as your draw in this first round? Northeastern, Vermont, Maine or Notre dame? It's not even close

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        Who would you want least as your draw in this first round? Northeastern, Vermont, Maine or Notre dame? It's not even close
        Hey I'll bite...Vermont! Listening to the UNH Coaches Show; Willows the guest (Silengo was to be guest but is sick). Coach U talking about the match ups of the weekend. "Forget about the reg season it's all about now"
        Amen to that! Hoping he will address TvR but am not holding my breath...
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          ND's record against the teams you mentioned was 2-4 during the regular season. They had four of those games at home. Chuck is right, they are most likely not as strong as some think. (Not to mention UNH swept them)
          Just because they beat the mighty Eagles doesn't make them a power. If that's the case, you should be fearing Holy Cross if they make the NCAA's.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            If you're asking me as a UNH fan, yeah - you're right - it's not even close. I don't want UVM anywhere near Durham.

* UNH swept both NU (home and away) and Notre Dame (two at Lake Whitt)
            * UNH split with UMaine, which was by far the weakest road team of that bunch
            * UVM came in to Durham a few weeks ago and swept UNH, looking the FAR superior team

Notre Dame didn't finish 8th in Hockey East by accident. They're just not that good. In fact, they're HIGHLY overrated. BC will sweep, and you guys will wonder afterwards what all the GD fuss was about.

Honestly, I don't remember you guys wetting your pants like this back in the day when UNH used to "own" BC in the regular season, so it's just a little confusing to see all this consternation over a frickin' meaningless end-of-RS OT loss.

Wow, BC fans cowering over the terrifying prospects of facing a GD #8 seed with a .500 league record. And we're talking about UMaine, UNH and/or NU being "soft"? Man up, gents.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Hey I'll bite...Vermont! Listening to the UNH Coaches Show; Willows the guest (Silengo was to be guest but is sick). Coach U talking about the match ups of the weekend. "Forget about the reg season it's all about now"
              Amen to that! Hoping he will address TvR but am not holding my breath...
              Wouldn't get your hopes up about TvR. My source tells me even if the 'Cats make it to Philly for the FF (hahaha) TvR wouldn't be ready to play NCAA hockey. Unfortunately I think we saw TvR play his last game as a Wildcat against Union way back when.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
                Wouldn't get your hopes up about TvR. My source tells me even if the 'Cats make it to Philly for the FF (hahaha) TvR wouldn't be ready to play NCAA hockey. Unfortunately I think we saw TvR play his last game as a Wildcat against Union way back when.
                you don't think he comes back, I say we see one more year.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                  you don't think he comes back, I say we see one more year.
                  Pretty sure he's going to move on after this season. Don't know if he can play in the NHL later this spring or next fall however. Not sure if he has enough skill/ strength yet

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
                    Pretty sure he's going to move on after this season. Don't know if he can play in the NHL later this spring or next fall however. Not sure if he has enough skill/ strength yet
                    he doesn't, that's why thinking one more year.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
                      Pretty sure he's going to move on after this season. Don't know if he can play in the NHL later this spring or next fall however. Not sure if he has enough skill/ strength yet.
                      No way he's ready to make the jump to the NHL straight out of the box. The injury won't help, but I guess it all likely depends on just how itchy he is to turn pro. Knodel is too old NOT to take a shot. Agosta has to know he has no shot (NHL, that is), so he's the most likely of the three to be back, IF he still wants to be in school. TvR actually has a legitimate choice in the matter, and a tough decision to make. Before the injury, I'd have been 95% certain he'd be gone. Now I'm only 60% certain he's gone next season. We'll see.

Comment

Don't care... bring em all on!
                        But as I've said at our thread and at EA, I prefer to play ND.

Honestly, I don't remember you guys wetting your pants like this back in the day when UNH used to "own" BC in the regular season, so it's just a little confusing to see all this consternation over a frickin' meaningless end-of-RS OT loss.

Wow, BC fans cowering over the terrifying prospects of facing a GD #8 seed with a .500 league record. And we're talking about UMaine, UNH and/or NU being "soft"? Man up, gents.
                        Who's you guys? Got a mouse in your pocket?
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                          ND's record against the teams you mentioned was 2-4 during the regular season. They had four of those games at home. Chuck is right, they are most likely not as strong as some think. (Not to mention UNH swept them)
                          Just because they beat the mighty Eagles doesn't make them a power. If that's the case, you should be fearing Holy Cross if they make the NCAA's.
                          yes, I'm fearing HC. I just feel at this point in time, playoff time , ND is way better and a tougher match up than any of the other road teams

If you're asking me as a UNH fan, yeah - you're right - it's not even close. I don't want UVM anywhere near Durham.

* UNH swept both NU (home and away) and Notre Dame (two at Lake Whitt)
                          * UNH split with UMaine, which was by far the weakest road team of that bunch
                          * UVM came in to Durham a few weeks ago and swept UNH, looking the FAR superior team

Notre Dame didn't finish 8th in Hockey East by accident. They're just not that good. In fact, they're HIGHLY overrated. BC will sweep, and you guys will wonder afterwards what all the GD fuss was about.

well, i hope you are right. I'm certainly not getting into more of this with Chuck Murray but what you UNH fans aren't looking at, is that they are rounding into form, playing their best hockey of the year at the right time......................a concept that may be hard for UNH fans to grasp just kidding, i couldnt resist. At this point in time , if you are fearing Vermont ( did you watch the other night?) more than you would fear ND than i dont know what to say about that. We'll see what happens this weekend . I'm rooting for me to get egg on my face!

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
                            So if he doesn't have the skill/etc. what makes you think he'd be moving on...to what? AHL? Excuse my lack of knowledge here on all possible avenues of hockey.. Hoping he stays, of course; but he will do what's best for him..and his future I would think. Sigh.
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              So, are you saying you think BC is overrated, or, they're a bunch of lucky bahstards?

Ballocks
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

well, i hope you are right. I'm certainly not getting into more of this with Chuck Murray but what you UNH fans aren't looking at, is that they are rounding into form, playing their best hockey of the year at the right time......................a concept that may be hard for UNH fans to grasp just kidding, i couldnt resist. At this point in time , if you are fearing Vermont ( did you watch the other night?) more than you would fear ND than i dont know what to say about that. We'll see what happens this weekend . I'm rooting for me to get egg on my face!
                                Good point ... but considering "rounding into form" consisted of 3 wins against a poor BU team that was also swept by UNH at around the same time, and one win against a BC team that was probably more focused on getting back in time for their Saturday night kegger than taking care of OT in a meaningless game, doesn't exactly make ND the greatest 8th place team in the history of D-1 hockey.

Not that I wouldn't love to see it happen, y'know. But it won't. Enjoy the sweep!!

Comment

Working...
                                X