Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Warm up the water, e.cat. If you look back to week before last on this thread a few pages back, you'll see I was on board (possibly the first, in fact) with UNH vs. NU as a QF match-up, although I'm not sure I had the 'Cats as the hosts.

I really REALLY do hope UNH avoids BC in the semis. But (1) they have to get there first by taking care of NU, and (2) I don't see any of the top three losing two out of three in their own barns next weekend. To expect an upset of any of those three is wishful thinking, but after the goings-on last weekend, sometimes wishful thinking works out OK.
    I will say watch out for ND

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Chuck, it's all good, but I truly believe ND has a shot at upsetting BC. Not wishful thinking, just a gut feeling. We'll see!
      Last edited by e.cat; 03-08-2014, 09:06 PM.
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        Chuck, it's all good, but I truely believe ND has a shot at upsetting BC. Not wishful thinking, just a gut feeling. We'll see!
        IS TVR skating yet ????

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
          IS TVR skating yet ????
          Good question. IDK. It would be nice to have to have him back but doubtful that's going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
            IS TVR skating yet ????
            A Concord Monitor reporter told me at some point in the season that UNH holds press conf. on Wednesdays...maybe we'll hear then? Or perhaps Coach U will answer the q at the "Coaches Show" Monday night. Personally... I have my doubts we'll see him the rest of the year given the injury and the nature of the sport. Just my .02 on it..but I'd love to be proven wrong!
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-08-2014, 08:47 PM.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Chuck, it's all good, but I truly believe ND has a shot at upsetting BC. Not wishful thinking, just a gut feeling. We'll see!
              I do not think that the two teams like one another so much. Anything could happen. But, nothing matters if the Cats do not put a few pucks in the net next weekend.

Comment

After tonight, few teams came back to UNH in the power, notably Duluth lost at home, Mankato tied at home and Michigan lost.Still 20th but I can see some daylight at end of the tunnel, (big if )if UNH can take care of business will be plenty interesting down the stretch

Comment

My gut feeling (actually more like a REALLY bad ulcer) is last weekend's loss to ND may be BC's last loss this season.

As one of "Bandwagon Nation's" most notorious detractors over the years on these boards, I can't even begin to describe how much it pains me to write that ... and for that reason, I'm hoping you guys are onto something.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    My gut feeling (actually more like a REALLY bad ulcer) is last weekend's loss to ND may be BC's last loss this season.

As one of "Bandwagon Nation's" most notorious detractors over the years on these boards, I can't even begin to describe how much it pains me to write that ... and for that reason, I'm hoping you guys are onto something.
                    I predict BC doesn't make the Frozen Four...
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      "Let's bust that weenie Milbury's ball$ and win this effin' thing, Cap"????

No idea really, but I couldn't resist.
                      Close, and HHound is correct that Needham came back to beat Walpole after going down 3-1 with 2 min, 31 sec remaining in the game. I could not find the original article, but the one below is close. Legend has it that Ftorek skated up to Raider as he was fishing the puck out of the net, poked him in the chest, and yelled at him "How many do you want?" Supposedly Cap said "How about two?" So, Robbie and his linemates then scored four straight in less than two minutes as Raider stayed in net the entire time. What I do not know is whether Walpole had pulled its goalie when Needham scored its fourth straight for good measure, not that it matters.

An interesting factoid about the recent Olympic games in Socchi was that the men's ice hockey team did not have a player from Massachusetts.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/pl..._Massachusetts

Answer to second quiz was '6' decades, as Gordie Howe played professional games as a teenager, in his 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and one game when he was 60. That record could be tough to match.

Comment

Since February 24th, ND has flip flopped NU for ninth place and 50 pwr points and fourteenth place and 44 pwr points. Although UNH is still 20th in the pwr, they gained an important point this past weekend, and Mankato dropped out of their autoseed, opening up the NU pwr slot if UNH can sweep the Huskies next weekend. I think that whether UNH can survive to reach the NCAAs with a loss in the semi-finals at the Garden would depend on how far PC, UVM, Cornell, Colgate, and Michigan go in their respective tournaments. And, if e.cat's gut feeling materializes, then UNH would certainly be in the NCAAs even with one and out at the Garden, as UNH would pick up mucho pwr points for their sweep of ND during the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          I do not think that the two teams like one another so much. Anything could happen. But, nothing matters if the Cats do not put a few pucks in the net next weekend.
                          I agree. I think they have a healthy rivalry going. Like you say it all starts with UNH winning this weekend. Thanks also for your work on the pairwise comparisons. That is helpful information.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            I do not think that the two teams like one another so much.
                            ya think?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              ya think?
                              Must be those blinding gold helmets, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Must be those blinding gold helmets, eh?
                                My father(Irish Catholic) went to Notre Dame on a football scholarship back in the day when they wore leather helmets He had to take a train all the way from West Lebanon, NH via who knows where just to get there. Wonder why he didn't go to BC. Never got a chance to ask him though. He must have liked long train rides

Comment

Working...
                                X