Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

People have said H.E is tough, I agree but I think what you are seeing play out is coach umile's ineptness to get his troops prepared.Over the years he could get by on raw talent but those days are over.He is now exposed and in my opinion just an average coach that has benefitted from recruiting talented forwards.Now the playing field is different and we are not seeing the talent of the past.The old UNH clubs could win a game with two decent periods of hockey. fast forward to this season and precisely last night.Time and time again this team has not been prepared for battle.Who is at fault I'll let you decide

Comment

And how about the ENG? Toomey beats 2 UNH players to his own rebound for the clincher .... And where was Kelleher?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Should have turned left at the light at Bertucci's (Rt. 133/125) for 99 and Joe Fish. There's tons of restaurants within a few miles/minutes of Merrimack College, all on Rt. 114 (Turnpike St.) or Rt 133 (Andover St.). I don't know why one poster was mentioning 125 or Andover center?
        If you turned right onto Rt. 125 after the MC campus... there's NOTHING on that road.
        Thanks for the info I actually chose to eat in Nashua but am going tonight so perhaps will check this out. Greg I was amazed at the sellout announcement as well! Seemed like there were a lot of seats available. My plan tonight is to check out better seats if not happy with the one I have.
        Again my heart goes out to you guys who have followed this team forever; hang in there it's not over yet! (I see the eye rolling)
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          I would agree with your point e cat; MC controlled the ice partic in the 2nd. UNH (by their own admission) came out flat and played in their heels it seemed most of the game and the score indicated that. We did have our chances but seemed thwarted most of the night. Tale of the season to be sure. Here's to tonight and beyond as you say. Yep HE is tough but ya gotta come to play each and every night. Sadly consistency hasn't been our strong suit....
          While consistency of performance can understandably vary ... consistency of effort should never be an issue.

And ESPECIALLY not in big games. You say "tale of the season" ... I say "tale of many seasons".
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB View Post
            And how about the ENG? Toomey beats 2 UNH players to his own rebound for the clincher .... And where was Kelleher?
            We got beat most of the nite handed the puck over on many occasions simply outplayed. Again the quotes of not being ready for the MC intensity. Whatever come out and play 60 hard minutes like you are capable of geesh! As per Kellleher heard it was another round with the flu wonder if he will be back tonight? Was nice to see Downing back on a positive note...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              While consistency of performance can understandably vary ... consistency of effort should never be an issue.

And ESPECIALLY not in big games. You say "tale of the season" ... I say "tale of many seasons".
              Well having coached and umpired for many seasons I can agree 100% with the effort piece esp when it matters most! Would've felt better about the game (and the others) if we had played with intensity. Hats off to MC for bringing it and playing their game. You guys have been down this road longer than I have; wish it could be different! It frustrates me can only imagine how you all must feel...Let's see what we bring to the ice tonight hopefully a solid team effort.
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-01-2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I heard Mike Milbury say during the Olympics "Energy is the great EQUALIZER in hockey." Mc sure proved that last night!!

So did BU for that matter!!
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  I heard Mike Milbury say during the Olympics "Energy is the great EQUALIZER in hockey."
                  "Work beats talent unless talent works" ... Mike Babcock (12/24/05) shortly after being hired as head coach by the Red Wings
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    I heard Mike Milbury say during the Olympics "Energy is the great EQUALIZER in hockey." Mc sure proved that last night!!

So did BU for that matter!!
                    You got that right...as much as Milbury drives me nuts at times he's spot on with that one! Sorry to have missed you guys at the 99...maybe next time?

Comment

At 1:30 today, Tyler Kelleher's brother Charlie is playing against Trevor van Riemsdyk's brother Brendan at Lawler Arena. It's the USPHL U18 Semifinals. Charlie plays for the Junior Bruins and BvR plays for the Jersey Hitmen.
                      Last edited by C-H-C; 03-01-2014, 11:44 AM.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Should have turned left at the light at Bertucci's (Rt. 133/125) for 99 and Joe Fish. There's tons of restaurants within a few miles/minutes of Merrimack College, all on Rt. 114 (Turnpike St.) or Rt 133 (Andover St.). I don't know why one poster was mentioning 125 or Andover center?
                        If you turned right onto Rt. 125 after the MC campus... there's NOTHING on that road.
                        Well, were one to be driving north on either 114 or 125 those directions make perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          "Work beats talent unless talent works" ... Mike Babcock (12/24/05) shortly after being hired as head coach by the Red Wings
                          Herb Brooks; "You can't win on talent alone." or something to that effect

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          You got that right...as much as Milbury drives me nuts at times he's spot on with that one! Sorry to have missed you guys at the 99...maybe next time?
                          Check is in the mail!
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                            At 1:30 today, Tyler Kelleher's brother Charlie is playing against Trevor van Riemsdyk's brother Brendan at Lawler Arena. It's the USPHL U18 Semifinals. Charlie plays for the Junior Bruins and BvR plays for the Jersey Hitmen.
                            Rats! Am right up the road at a robotics competition! Gonna head down later for the rematch too bad this game isn't later...

Comment

Super random question - are the seats in Lawler padded?? Finally convinced my mom (who has a bad back) to give sitting through a live game a shot. Need to know whether to bring along her seat cushions. Thx.
                              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                                Super random question - are the seats in Lawler padded?? Finally convinced my mom (who has a bad back) to give sitting through a live game a shot. Need to know whether to bring along her seat cushions. Thx.
                                Not padded but they are big and fairly comfortable.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X