Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    I do enjoy the steep seating bowl, requested specifically by Parker iirc.
    That is nice good sight lines and stuff. Just very tight seating. At least I'm not in a corner where I can hardly fit in those seats.
    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      I do enjoy the steep seating bowl, requested specifically by Parker iirc.
      Based on the old Boston Garden ... what a wonderful place that was to see a hockey game. Sorely missed.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
        That is nice good sight lines and stuff. Just very tight seating. At least I'm not in a corner where I can hardly fit in those seats.
        Just put up some police tape around you so that other fans don't get in your face
        UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
          That IS a tasty burger! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBP0Mbc7VFw (Pulp Fiction)
          OMG. Ya freakin Hokie is a Pulp Fiction wrapped in an enigma
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Based on the old Boston Garden ... what a wonderful place that was to see a hockey game. Sorely missed.
            Ditto. Fleet/TD has always seemed very cookie cutter to me, the balcony is too far back, and they built it too small (only seats 3,117 more for hockey than the Gahden). The Wells Fargo Center opened a year later and looks very similar on the inside but seats 19.5k for hockey & holds over 20k with standing room.
            Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-17-2014, 04:48 PM.
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              I knew the minute he took off with it he would score! That's our Shorthand Matt!
              Gotta love Matty He needs to give Sorkin whatever he's drinkin', smokin', whatever

Comment

Ok WILLOWS is da man

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Ok WILLOWS is da man
                  whats the news on McDonald anyone know .

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
                    Could Agganis be any more empty?
                    Officially listed at 3,533; not there so can't tell you how accurate that is.
                    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      whats the news on McDonald anyone know .
                      Broke his femur in practice

Comment

Matt Willows for Hobey!

Also, UNH destroyed Chuck's SOG "theory" today. :-)

Comment

Hey, just a public shout-out for a stand-up action taken by Friends of UNH Hockey. They've apparently been having some membership tracking issues, and sent an email out to a bunch of folks about us not receiving out kits. I in fact haven't received a kit in a few years - just figured they'd stopped sending. To make matters worse, I always divide the application form into two neatly outlined halves, one with my mom's information, one with mine, so that we each appear on the member roster. Send in $100, and assumed we were both members in good standing.

Anyhoo, turns out they've taken the $100 but never recorded my mom's info, so she's never been a member. Responded to the email explaining this, and Jay Sydow (never met him) took care of this, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, and sent her her 2013-14 materials and pins from the last 3 years.

With all the unfortunate events of the season, I just thought it appropriate to call out a pretty honorable deed.

Go Cats! Nice win, now let's sweep the Mack and see what we can get done on the way to the Gahden!!
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Matt Willows for Hobey!

Also, UNH destroyed Chuck's SOG "theory" today. :-)
                            So did the U.S. Women. I mean, 70-9?!?!?!
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

The 'Cats win what was essentially a must-win game to keep their hopes alive for home ice, and really bolster their chances of avoiding the play-in round by completing the sweep over BU. Looks like they benefitted from the postponement, as it sounded like UNH had the bulk of the best scoring chances after falling behind 1-0 in the early going. Like Felger said ... sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, and while I don't want to dismiss the UNH effort ... if you heard the audio of the game, BU had none of their usual rabid support.

The two points brings UNH all the way up to a lofty tie for 3rd place with UMaine, and a single point ahead of Northeastern. Both of those teams have two games in hand, and will play each other twice at Mathews Arena next weekend. Maine then finishes the season with two at home against Providence, who currently trail UNH by 4 points, with their two games in hand next weekend vs. UMass. NU finishes up the regular season with a home-and home against BU.

UVM and Notre Dame are both stuck on 14 points. Notre Dame can max out at 20 points (.500) with wins in their last three games, but one of those is against BC. UVM can get to 22 points if they sweep their 4 games, but two of those games are against UMass-Lowell. So it's probably safe to assume both of those teams will have to get through the single-elimination play-in round, while only one of the four among UMaine/UNH/Northeastern/Providence will have to get through the play-in, and two of the remaining three will host the QF's.

I haven't worked out all the permutations, but it seems highly likely that UNH holds its QF/home ice fate largely in its own hands. Two wins at Merrimack next week forces Providence to run the table to simply tie UNH. IF Providence does sweep, that means two losses for UMaine. And with UMaine and Northeastern to share a max of 4 points next weekend, that's more good news for UNH.

Having said all that ... it was much the same way this time last year, and we all remember how that turned out. Hopefully this will be one of those "lesson learned" situations for the 'Cats. I'm going to stick with my prediction of a UNH @ Northeastern QF series, with the site of the games TBD. Surprisingly, I see Providence being the #6 team stuck with the play-in game, which would be disappointing for a team from which much was predicted/expected this season. UMaine has the toughest finishing stretch by far though, and if they return to their away-from-home form (or lack thereof) next weekend against NU, they would have to face a highly-motivated Providence squad with lots to prove, and the Black Bears could very drop like UNH did last season and fall into the play-in round too.

Keep in mind everyone, though ... that as big as this weekend's sweep was ... a loss or maybe even a tie to Merrimack next weekend leaves the door ajar enough for this year's UNH to be, *erm* ... "this year's UNH", if you know what I mean.

Hopefully we'll have two big UNH turnouts down in North Andover two weekends from now, just like in the good ol' days.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                unless you were in a stadium seat or about 7000 other ones. As KMART as the new Gahden is, ill take it anytime over that dump, and i used to live at that dump. Russell vs Chamberlain on through, it wasnt the dump, it was the teams and players that played there driving the public NUTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X