Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Chuck you put a big goal on the table to make it to the semis...you do realize they have to play solid big time hockey to do that, right? Which I believe they are capable of..if the things that bog you down during the season don't catch up to you in the end! Hope springs eternal...let's sweep tonight in Jack's house boys!!!!!
    It's a fairly reasonable goal, I think. This is nowhere near a Frozen Four team, and I think we all realize by now it would be a pretty surprising development (albeit a pleasant one) for this team to make the NCAA's. Despite what some folks on here might think, I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I also take some pride in my sanity, so I'd say UNH's chances of an NCAA berth are about 10-15%, and FF chances cannot be anything more than 1-2%. On the other hand, UNH should have a 70-80% chance of avoiding the play-in game, and if that's the case, they should have a winnable best-of-three series (most likely on the road) with UMaine, Providence or Northeastern.

It's an attainable goal - one that is made more attainable by who they are playing over the next three games, and also by a 4-2-0 HE record against those three most likely QF round opponents (despite 4 of those 6 games having been played on the road).

Or they can just revert to being a .500 team by losing two of the next three, and then subject us to the predictable 2-2-0 postseason *run* as I've previously predicted. Coming up a game short of Boston.

We'll know two weeks from tonight how the first part of the puzzle has played out ... but realistically, I expect the answer to arrive tonight at BU amidst their own Senior Night, tributes to Coach Parker, and a highly motivated Terrier squad (including the guys in the vertical stripes).
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Beautiful assist by JVR on the Fowler goal. 1-1
      USA v. Russia. Earlier he had a between the legs SOG a la Colin Hemingway! Except it didn't go in.
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        It's a fairly reasonable goal, I think. This is nowhere near a Frozen Four team, and I think we all realize by now it would be a pretty surprising development (albeit a pleasant one) for this team to make the NCAA's. Despite what some folks on here might think, I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I also take some pride in my sanity, so I'd say UNH's chances of an NCAA berth are about 10-15%, and FF chances cannot be anything more than 1-2%. On the other hand, UNH should have a 70-80% chance of avoiding the play-in game, and if that's the case, they should have a winnable best-of-three series (most likely on the road) with UMaine, Providence or Northeastern.

It's an attainable goal - one that is made more attainable by who they are playing over the next three games, and also by a 4-2-0 HE record against those three most likely QF round opponents (despite 4 of those 6 games having been played on the road).

Or they can just revert to being a .500 team by losing two of the next three, and then subject us to the predictable 2-2-0 postseason *run* as I've previously predicted. Coming up a game short of Boston.

We'll know two weeks from tonight how the first part of the puzzle has played out ... but realistically, I expect the answer to arrive tonight at BU amidst their own Senior Night, tributes to Coach Parker, and a highly motivated Terrier squad (including the guys in the vertical stripes).
        Tonight will tell a lot to be sure thanks for putting it perspective! So we expect "interesting HE officiating" tonight? Enlighten this newbie....is it a BU barn issue? Once again our 'Cats have a big test and there should be NO surprises about how to prepare...Bring it 'Cats and bring it big!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          USA v. Russia. Earlier he had a between the legs SOG a la Colin Hemingway! Except it didn't go in.
          Could someone please copy and paste a link to CH's YouTube clip of his goal here for some inspiration? Perhaps Matt Willows can replicate tonight in Jackie's House.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Could someone please copy and paste a link to CH's YouTube clip of his goal here for some inspiration? Perhaps Matt Willows can replicate tonight in Jackie's House.
            Maybe C-H-C has it....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              So we expect "interesting HE officiating" tonight? Enlighten this newbie....is it a BU barn issue?
              Long-standing USCHO folklore has morphed into multiple urban myths over the years, many of which have suggested Coach Parker had an unusual hold over the collective psyche of HE officialdom.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Mike Radja's buddy T J Oshie saves Team USA by scoring 4 for 6 in shoot out; old UMass nemesis Jonathan Quick hung in there also.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Mike Radja's buddy T J Oshie saves Team USA by scoring 4 for 6 in shoot out; old UMass nemesis Jonathan Quick hung in there also.
                  No kidding. Both amazing performances

Here's the Hemingway goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z3Yk99yrak

Comment

No kidding. Both amazing performances

Here's the Hemingway goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z3Yk99yrak
                    "You can do it in practice all you want, but......." :-)

Comment

UNH-BU postponed, moved to 4:00 Monday. http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...021514aaa.html
                      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

OMG now I find this out just got on a subway to meet my son! They are predicting a ton of snow down here sigh! Glad I checked the board thanks for posting...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          OMG now I find this out just got on a subway to meet my son! They are predicting a ton of snow down here sigh! Glad I checked the board thanks for posting...
                          Stay an extra night.
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                            Stay an extra night.
                            Wish I could but don't think my school would get it...now figuring out a way I can get back for Monday. Harrumph

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                              UNH-BU postponed, moved to 4:00 Monday. http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...021514aaa.html
                              This helps UNH IMO...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                This is the winter from he!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X