It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      I'm trying to help also.
      Thank you
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yw
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Today is February 28, 2014. There aren't any players ahead of Brock Higgs! Did you vote today?

Vote HERE.

Brock has at least twice as many votes as every other nominee but Matt Zarbo.
          This screams to me that it is a ballot box stuffing contest, and the committee that decides on this award will end up taking that into account.

Comment

Originally posted by (removed in protest) View Post
            This screams to me that it is a ballot box stuffing contest, and the committee that decides on this award will end up taking that into account.
            right, it shows that some players have devoted passionate fans who go out of their way to support them, and that is a nice intangible of which to take note in a positive way.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              right, it shows that some players have devoted passionate fans who go out of their way to support them, and that is a nice intangible of which to take note in a positive way.
              And don't you think that would still be shown if you were only able to vote once during the whole process?

BTW, I have no intentions of furthering your childish name changing.

Comment

It isn't at all surprising that this is a ballot box stuffing contest. it is somewhat surprising that a school as small as RPI is able to stuff better than some significantly bigger schools. E.g., SUNY Ithaca.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  It isn't at all surprising that this is a ballot box stuffing contest. it is somewhat surprising that a school as small as RPI is able to stuff better than some significantly bigger schools. E.g., SUNY Ithaca.
                  We got off a ton of ballots but very few hit the box.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    We got off a ton of ballots but very few hit the box.
                    I guess that Iles wasn't the answer.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess that Iles wasn't the answer.
                      Correct, that would be Allen Iverson.
                      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

I kind of suspect that at the end of the day, each player gets a percentage of the 1/3rd from the online vote.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          I kind of suspect that at the end of the day, each player gets a percentage of the 1/3rd from the online vote.
                          That was my interpretation also. That of course implies that we shouldn't just try to win it for BH but keep trying to improve the percentage.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That was my interpretation also. That of course implies that we shouldn't just try to win it for BH but keep trying to improve the percentage.
                            I'll contact a medium and ask all my dead relatives to vote for Brock as well.

Hey, it works in Chicago and Minnesota!

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              +1
                              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoist by his own Petard View Post
                                I have no intentions of furthering your childish name changing.

so it's only just now that you are beginning to have the beginnings of a glimmer of awareness of all the torture you've inflicted on the rest of us for so long?

We've asked you nicely to consider the effect your childishness has had, and you shrugged it off....some have tried to shame you into behaving in a quasi-civilized manner, and you responded by ridiculing them for having good manners ... some have tried to confront you, and you pretended it was a badge of honor....

you should know that, by saying you "have no intention" you have actually revealed exactly the opposite?

if this is what it takes to finally get you to change (in this thread at least) then you can count on me to keep doing it until I see further evidence that it works!

Comment

Working...
                                X