This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

We didn't fare so well when we went down there the first part of November.
    Took 11 penalties for 44 minutes on Friday. What was that all about?
    Saturday we cut way back to 7 for 14. Well it was better than Friday.
    We stay out of the box and play like I know we can and we should have an entirely different result this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      We stay out of the box and play like I know we can and we should have an entirely different result this weekend.
      BG expects a much different game this time around (at least I do). Even Bergeron said during his weekly press conference that he doesn't expect the series to be like that weekend. You've had an entire season to adjust to the new coach, systems, and the winning at home had brought confidence.

BG took a huge dump during their 6 game homestand and had their second bye-week since the New Year last weekend. Add in the distraction of a teammate playing half a world away right now, and I'll tell you I have NO idea what's going to step on the ice. I know what's capable of being there. Just don't know if it will show up. For BG, it's been a mental problem since November. They have the talent to be so much better, it's just mental mistakes keep that from happening right now.

Comment

Just an update on Christian Weidauer ... He is currently the leading goal-scorer amongst that leagues defenseman with 12 for the season. His 47 points places him 31st in the league among all players.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          Just an update on Christian Weidauer ... He is currently the leading goal-scorer amongst that leagues defenseman with 12 for the season. His 47 points places him 31st in the league among all players.
          Thanks DD, he sounds like a great recruit. Hopefully he transitions to the DI level quickly and can make an impact next season.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            as I recall, it was about that rabid little pup. Hobbs? Hubbs?
            if ya'll are keeping him on his leash, you'll fare a lot better.
            Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Congrats to the hockey team for raising $15,456 toward their goal of $25,000 for St. Baldrick's Foundation! They are shaving their heads to raise money for childhood cancer research. To donate, go here:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/89488/2014
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                as I recall, it was about that rabid little pup. Hobbs? Hubbs?
                if ya'll are keeping him on his leash, you'll fare a lot better.
                It's hubbs and yes he has played very disciplined hockey since that game, he is a chirper and is probably considered a pest and will probably the most hated Seawolf since Kevin Clark by opposing fans
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                  It's hubbs and yes he has played very disciplined hockey since that game, he is a chirper and is probably considered a pest and will probably the most hated Seawolf since Kevin Clark by opposing fans
                  But a favorite of UAA fans, just like Clarky!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    But a favorite of UAA fans, just like Clarky!
                    I talked to someone at the game tonight who works for SMG, and the Aces absolutely did buy that scoreboard! It will be installed this summer and the scoreboard we now have will be used at Ben Boeke.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      I talked to someone at the game tonight who works for SMG, and the Aces absolutely did buy that scoreboard! It will be installed this summer and the scoreboard we now have will be used at Ben Boeke.
                      Which scoreboard the one at San Fransico? What about the new lower bowl seats?

Comment

• Nice 3 point weekend, now let's get som points from fsu and uaf and get 2 more games here in ANC

Go wolves go
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          Which scoreboard the one at San Fransico? What about the new lower bowl seats?
                          Yes. The seats will be replaced when the other upgrades are done in the summer of 2015.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Oddly enough UAA has a miniscule chance at a split of the MacNaughton. Just have to win the last four games here and hope Ferris and Kato lose out. So, you know, we got a chance!
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

In 2014 the Seawolves are now 7-3-2 (making them "the hottest team on the circuit ... not Fairbanks as Doyle Woody incorrectly asserts in his most recent re-crap ... UA_ is 7-4-1 in 2014) ...

The leadership group on this team knows exactly what it's like to make a run at the end of the season ... they were all there in the 10-11 season when the team went 5-1 over the last six including ending the Gophers season at the Mariucci with a sweep. The preparation, mindset and work effort it took 3 years ago is something they can all share with the rest of the team. That experience can't be underestimated in my view for it's value to the underclassmen.

4 points out the next 8 will take care of business and get home ice (maybe in 3rd place).
                              Last edited by uaafanblog; 02-16-2014, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Just noticed this on the Alaska State Hockey Association web site:

http://www.asha.pointstreaksites.com/view/asha

We as a Board voiced our strong support for the re-birth of UAA Hockey, and showed tremendous courage to take a stand for change within the UAA program. Great and positive changes have occurred this season within the UAA Hockey program, and it has been an exciting a competitive time for the team and our new Coach Matt Thomas, all under the supportive stewardship of Keith Hackett, UAA’s new AD.

This weekend (2/14 and 2/15) marks the last home game series for our UAA Boys, and I am asking ALL our local board members to push the word out to all of your teams, parents and players within your organizations to come out this weekend and show our support for UAA Hockey. We can make a difference in the continued growth and success of this vital program, but we as an organization need to do more than just saying we support the only D1 sport in town, but we all need to showing up. I ask that you all continue in your leadership by getting the word out that we, the Alaska Affiliate of USA Hockey, support UAA Hockey and help fill the seats. See you all at the rink!!

Yours in Hockey

Darryl Thompson

ASHA President

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X