X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Wow, they must have been really desperate to take a forward as a back-up goalie!
    You're right my mistake.

Comment

Well, if I remember correctly UAA didn't get a sweep down there.
      Ah yes, the only point we got at home all season ... but if you will remember, we had 3:30 or so of overtime power play and didn't score. That still grinds my gears. Our last NCAA D-I home win was against Bemidji on 01/08/2011. I hope that we beat BG, Lake Superior, Tech, or y'all so we don't go four years without a home win. I mean, no one on this roster has won a game at home. No one on this coaching staff has won a game at home.

Sigh.

Fairbanks sucks.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well, if I remember correctly UAA didn't get a sweep down there.
        Unfortunately you're right again. Not unfortunate that you're right again, but the result.
        We should have swept down there and it was very, very disappointing we didn't.
        Hopefully the guys learned something from that.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Ah yes, the only point we got at home all season ... but if you will remember, we had 3:30 or so of overtime power play and didn't score. That still grinds my gears. Our last NCAA D-I home win was against Bemidji on 01/08/2011. I hope that we beat BG, Lake Superior, Tech, or y'all so we don't go four years without a home win. I mean, no one on this roster has won a game at home. No one on this coaching staff has won a game at home.

Sigh.

Fairbanks sucks.

GFM
          Things will get better, just wait and see. And yes, you are so right ... _airbanks sucks.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sigh.
            IT was a great road trip except for one point.

Limo bus from airport....just call
            Stay at the team hotel Embassy Suites
            They host a "training table at 5:30 each night until 7:30 we adjourned about 6:50 and either walked or hailed the hotel bus for front of the arena service.
            Nice arena with 20 tap beers and a full bar and take them to your seat
            Free breakfast at hotel.

see you in january

Fairbanks sucks.

GFM
            _airbanks sucks….. but they are Number one in usage of outhouses in the entire USA.

I wonder if they have a tour…. You know……….. Like……” Parade of the Other House.”
            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 08-17-2014, 02:19 AM.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              IT was a great road trip except for one point.

Limo bus from airport....just call
              Stay at the team hotel Embassy Suites
              They host a "training table at 5:30 each night until 7:30 we adjourned about 6:50 and either walked or hailed the hotel bus for front of the arena service.
              Nice arena with 20 tap beers and a full bar and take them to your seat
              Free breakfast at hotel.

see you in january
              I won't be broadcasting this year, so we'll get to hang out.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                ..._airbanks sucks….. but they are Number one in usage of outhouses in the entire USA.
                Well, at least we use something

When I first saw the comments about “stench” and “stinking it up”, and saw the author’s last name was “Doogan”, I just automatically assumed that the article was about Seawolve Hockey and hardly gave it any notice. Nothing most folks didn’t already know.

But Alaska Hockey’s comments reminded of the article. This part cracks me up…

“Hang out at, say, a hot dog stand on the corner of Fourth Avenue and F Street in Anchorage, and if the wind is right, an aroma assaults your nostrils. What’s that smell? It’s like a dirty public restroom.”

“But truth be told, on a Friday or Saturday night, any patron passing by might relieve themselves.”

And why do we care anyway? Anchorage is downhill from Fairbanks. If you’re from Anchorage and confused, ask any plumber about the dynamics of that configuration.

Sorry for being late to the conversation, busy times.
                The season can’t get here soon enough.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

Sorry for being late to the conversation, busy times.
                  The season can’t get here soon enough.

Go Nooks!
                  The rumor in Normal is........ That you are one of the best to dig a good and deep square hole.......
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

Sigh.

Fairbanks sucks.

GFM
                    The feels bro, the feels.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Heard tonight on channel 2 news that Tyler Currier will be playing with the Aces this season. He seemed pretty jazzed about it. Welcome "home" Tyler!
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Great idea, this should help the lower bowl fill up.
                        It won't immediately fill-up the lower bow. Last year tickets were free for kids under 13 yrs old. This year each kid needs to pay $30 for the entire season. However, it does demonstrate Hacket's ability to market a product. The last couple years were essentially a "Hail Mary" to save to program and it unfortunately ended up devaluing the tickets and wasn't sustainable.

My family of five is paying nearly twice as much as last year for season tickets....and we do so with a smile on our face. We know we've been getting the best bang for the buck in Anchorage for years.

It's a New Day!

Comment

Originally posted by arcticpurple View Post
                          It won't immediately fill-up the lower bow. Last year tickets were free for kids under 13 yrs old. This year each kid needs to pay $30 for the entire season. However, it does demonstrate Hacket's ability to market a product. The last couple years were essentially a "Hail Mary" to save to program and it unfortunately ended up devaluing the tickets and wasn't sustainable.

My family of five is paying nearly twice as much as last year for season tickets....and we do so with a smile on our face. We know we've been getting the best bang for the buck in Anchorage for years.

It's a New Day!
                          Just a question. How do the numbers break down for the 5??????????

Comment

Originally posted by arcticpurple View Post

It's a New Day!
                            The ticket prices themselves didn't go up, its just that the perks that went along with them are now being sold separately. They had been giving away the farm for years. I mean, for $1000 you could get two tickets (one free) and that included parking and passes to both booster rooms. The meals in the Kendall were great, with free beer and wine. Then UAA threw in a $50 gift card to shop at the UAA bookstore on top of it. All said, they were probably losing several hundred dollars on each of those season ticket packages.

I agree that all the free tickets were devaluing the product. This is something that Derek Donald tried to convey when he was hired to get butts in the seats, but Cobb never "got it", in my opinion. Hackett is doing a lot to keep the hockey program alive.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Captains Practice starts Monday....10:30am little earlier than in past years.... no class conflicts for the players. Fitness testing is underway and from what I hear the team is in pretty good shape. Green and Gold scrimmage September 26 at the Wells Fargo rink. Need to get the word out about the team this year and get some butts in the seats...for all the home games......

Ninelives
                              GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Just saw that Jordan Kwas has signed with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X