X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    UA_ went through stalling tactics every, that's every single time, they iced the puck. The time it took to sort it out and then the refs and linesmen didn't get it right over half the time, gave the guys who had to go back on the ice an extra minute of rest.
    It was so blatant that it had to be a part of the game plan by Butter Bean.
    When it's so bad that the linesmen have to go stand in front of the UA_ bench every time they ice the puck, you know it's a problem. I hope they enforce this proposed rule and call delay of game penalties on these tactics.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      ...Wasn't it Beck who was actually trying to hide behind one of his teammates on the bench...
      He wasn't hiding, he was using his smart phone to check on his "secure non-university student-athlete financial account."

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        He wasn't hiding, he was using his smart phone to check on his "secure non-university student-athlete financial account."
        I seem to recall UA_ having sanctions for playing ineligible BB players, maybe that's what he was checking with his smart phone?
        Last edited by Suze; 05-02-2014, 10:02 PM.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          ......ineligible BB players
          Speaking of BB.. (UAA, not UA_) ...seems like the era of Dr. You-Know-Who continues to live on long after his departure.

http://www.ktuu.com/sports/former-se...probe/25780478

Why didn't the then-AD mention any of this when Moser left abruptly? Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
            Speaking of BB.. (UAA, not UA_) ...seems like the era of Dr. You-Know-Who continues to live on long after his departure.

Why didn't the then-AD mention any of this when Moser left abruptly? Good grief.

I always had a feeling there was more to the abrupt departure of Tim Moser than what was being let on. I still think he was the best thing to happen to UAA's womens BB squad since well... ever!

Comment

From the looks of things.......... I don't imagine Butterbean has any spare sandwich money.
              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 05-03-2014, 02:06 PM.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                From the looks of things.......... I don't imagine Butterbean has any spare sandwich money.
                There is always savings to be had. We recently turned down a request to put in a plexiglas window in the boards in front of the visitor’s bench. I think that savings went directly into the secure non-university student-athlete financial account fund, or towards pizza, I’m not sure which.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

It was Cobb who "self-reported" this violation. This announcement is the result of the NCAA's investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    It was Cobb who "self-reported" this violation. This announcement is the result of the NCAA's investigation.
                    I remember when the ADN had a short blurb about the NCAA investigating UAA athletics. It sure took a long time for this to come out! It's a shame that the actions of a former coach will have an effect on the current team and players.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

There is always savings to be had. We recently turned down a request to put in a plexiglas window in the boards in front of the visitor’s bench. I think that savings went directly into the secure non-university student-athlete financial account fund, or towards pizza, I’m not sure which.
                      I bet I know what Butterbean voted for.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

How many of our coaches went to _lorida?

Comment

Varsity Sports Grill open 360 days a year serving lunch, dinner, beer & wine.
                          Seats 100 with patio on East side seating another 80.
                          May not be hockey but a welcome campus addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            Varsity Sports Grill open 360 days a year serving lunch, dinner, beer & wine.
                            Seats 100 with patio on East side seating another 80.
                            May not be hockey but a welcome campus addition.
                            Yes, this is a wonderful addition to campus and will be a great revenue stream! Go Seawolves!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                              Yes, this is a wonderful addition to campus and will be a great revenue stream! Go Seawolves!
                              Question:
                              Will or can scholarship athletes eat here as a part of that?
                              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                                Question:
                                Will or can scholarship athletes eat here as a part of that?
                                Just an educated guess, but I assume they can eat there as long as they pay for their own food.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X