This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
    I really see nothing exciting about this at all.. You are not selling out the AAC with the basketball and gymnastics team playing on the same day at the same time.. With free food..

'Many friends' huh? More than 1, less than 50?

A fricken restaurant gets you riled up like this??

Frankly, you made more out of this than needed to be.

"edit" And frankly, there is no way we go D1 in all sports... A soccer team and football team will not happen. Even if that is the case, the state gets them new digs before hockey?

We'll all be dead before this happens..
    Wow Florida, you need to chill out. Anything that is new at UAA is exciting! And if you dont think we wont become D-1 in all sports, you need to take your head out your ( you know what!) I say it is a great day to be a SEAWOLF!

Comment

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
      Wow Florida, you need to chill out. Anything that is new at UAA is exciting! And if you dont think we wont become D-1 in all sports, you need to take your head out your ( you know what!) I say it is a great day to be a SEAWOLF!
      You are correct, anything, sportwise, is great news, a 'pub' in an arena, ehhh, (you get more than 2500(average)documented seats filled for a season) for any sports hosted at the new AAC, I'll buy you a beer. And I'll stand corrected.

Granted, I'm bitter about the no ice..

I do agree though, It's a great day to be Seawolf!
      Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

• Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
        "edit" And frankly, there is no way we go D1 in all sports... A soccer team and football team will not happen. Even if that is the case, the state gets them new digs before hockey?

We'll all be dead before this happens..
        I could see a soccer team (or teams). Wouldn't take much beyond some facilities at The Dome or on campus. Plus the soccer community would support it.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• [QUOTE=UAA Fan in Florida;5937841]You are correct, anything, sportwise, is great news, a 'pub' in an arena, ehhh, (you get more than 2500(average)documented seats filled for a season) for any sports hosted at the new AAC, I'll buy you a beer. And I'll stand corrected.

Granted, I'm bitter about the no ice..

I know, i hate we have no ice too! But lets see what Hacket has for us in his bag of tricks. He just might pull off a new ice arena in our lifetime! Maybe there is a means to and end!

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            You have a link?
            more hand holding

call UAA athletics and ask
            who can you connect me to to ask about the tours to the AAC
            what days are they held?
            Ask mom if you can go.
            Get name on list and show up early.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              more hand holding

call UAA athletics and ask
              who can you connect me to to ask about the tours to the AAC
              what days are they held?
              Ask mom if you can go.
              Get name on list and show up early.
              I'd call, however I don't have their number.
              Could you look it up for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                I'd call, however I don't have their number.
                Could you look it up for me?
                No problem...... I looked it up , it's still there.
                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 04-02-2014, 01:58 AM.
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  This is a HOCKEY forum Wolfman. Kinda hard for us to get excited about anything having to do with the furtherment of every sport at UAA other than Seawolf hockey!! Hockey was given the cold shoulder, plain and simple.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Suze,

First of all, I was not the one that brought this "exciting news" up!!! Second of all, if you don't think that the new AAC will generate revenue for the HOCKEY program too, then you need to re-evaluate it again! Plain and simple. You even said it yourself, Hackett is intending for the AAC to benefit the HOCKEY program too in the use of the facility for training. So, this IS HOCKEY related. Do not get mad at me. There are some of us who like ALL of UAA sports and want to see ALL the sports to include HOCKEY grow! This is a HOCKEY board, but elements of the new features benefit hockey!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      This is a HOCKEY forum Wolfman. Kinda hard for us to get excited about anything having to do with the furtherment of every sport at UAA other than Seawolf hockey!! Hockey was given the cold shoulder, plain and simple.
                      Suze you and Wolfman are looking at UAA thru a "road cone" He’s looking thru the little end and you are looking thru the big end. Yes Hockey has got the "cold shoulder" due to title 9 and the other sports "playing catch up" with faculties. The other sports in August will be “ahead of Hockey” and the AD can focus more on Hockey but…… Mr. Hackett has to deal with all sports not just be loyal to one and forget the rest. The Training facilities at the new ACC will benefit “all sports teams” as well as all students. So it’s not in the same building, the team makes many trips to other facilities to train as well as the military base and flattop mountain. Not trying to water down anybodies Wheaties bowl. You focus mostly to hockey which is fine, but Wolfman is looking at the Big Picture of All sports. Going D-1 in all sports is the Goal of UAA. I am a big UAA Hockey fan but I also go to basketball, volleyball and even went to my first Gymnastics Meet this year. It was fun to watch even for a first time fan with no clue in how they scored the meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Suze you and Wolfman are looking at UAA thru a "road cone" He’s looking thru the little end and you are looking thru the big end. Yes Hockey has got the "cold shoulder" due to title 9 and the other sports "playing catch up" with faculties. The other sports in August will be “ahead of Hockey” and the AD can focus more on Hockey but…… Mr. Hackett has to deal with all sports not just be loyal to one and forget the rest. The Training facilities at the new ACC will benefit “all sports teams” as well as all students. So it’s not in the same building, the team makes many trips to other facilities to train as well as the military base and flattop mountain. Not trying to water down anybodies Wheaties bowl. You focus mostly to hockey which is fine, but Wolfman is looking at the Big Picture of All sports. Going D-1 in all sports is the Goal of UAA. I am a big UAA Hockey fan but I also go to basketball, volleyball and even went to my first Gymnastics Meet this year. It was fun to watch even for a first time fan with no clue in how they scored the meet.
                        Alaska hockey you are EXACTLY correct! I am a DIE HARD UAA hockey fan, but also a DIE HARD UAA FAN! The whole reason for a HUGE venue was to go (future) D-1 in all sports. It might not be with next 5 years but certainly sooner rather than later. I want a hockey venue on campus! As a mater of fact I wish for a 7,500 seat hockey arena on campus, but I am afraid it will prob be only 3000 seats.

I love suze and everyone who loves UAA. I am friends with lots of them, and I dont want anyone not to like me. I want our hockey team to flourish and I am so happy with our new couch! We have much success this year and I am looking for (and cant wait till) next season!

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          Going D-1 in all sports is the Goal of UAA.
                          According to whom? Because I have had several discussions about this, and this is not what I have heard. In fact, I've been told that the UA president does not want it.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Suze, when I was on the UAA Alumni Board of Directors, this is the same UA prez who said UAA would Never get PhD programs!!! Guess what! He approved UAA to move to doctoral granting university! UAA now is doctoral granting. So not sure who can listen to people!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              According to whom? Because I have had several discussions about this, and this is not what I have heard. In fact, I've been told that the UA president does not want it.
                              You should call ol' Patsy up and ask him point blank. I will not waste my time with him.

Comment

2 new recruits according to twitter (over the boards)

Tanner Johnson defenseman from Langley in the bchl

Mason Mitchell from nanaimo from the bchl
                                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                X