X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Nope, it was up during the game. Still, compared to other broadcasts I have watched, UAA's is fairly good. Wolfman, didn't you tell me earlier that the UAA broadcasts were in HD?
    Yes, every game so far with the exception of that Friday has been High Definition. They dropped the ball that Friday for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
      Might be the one they use before and between periods for them. Should be 5 cameras total for play. One central, one for each zone, and one behind each net (used strictly for replay). But above all they need to learn how to follow play completely and smoothly.
      Aren't the people controlling the cameras, students of the JPC program at UAA? If they are, their probably new to being behind a big camera. I imagine it's also a lot cheaper to pay college students then professionals. While it's not NHL level (even at that level they still have stuff to improve on), it still is not as bad as UA_'s
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
        On Friday, the broadcast was absolutely HORRIBLE! It was NOT produced in HD and not sure what was going on. I will miss Tuttle so much. He is such a great guy and complimented Haider very very well!
        Agreed, Tuttle was good. Didn't have enough authority, um command I guess? A majority of the time if David interrupted Kurt, Kurt would stop and give David time to go on but David wouldn't say a thing. While this shows respect for Kurt, it lead to a lot of dead air over the broadcast. As the years went bye, David got better at this and better in whole as a color-commentator. While he wasn't fantastic, he was still good. He provided stats that Kurt didn't or usually wouldn't, and did not shy away from his own opinion. He did/does express his opinion if a call was wrong, especially for the refs. Miss you Tuttle, good luck in your endeavors!
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          ...While it's not NHL level (even at that level they still have stuff to improve on), it still is not as bad as UA_'s...
          I believe our new HD equipment is still in unopened boxes in a store room somewhere. The WCHA fine print probably said we all had to get new equipment, not that we had to use it. Journalism major? What’s that?

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Aren't the people controlling the cameras, students of the JPC program at UAA? If they are, their probably new to being behind a big camera. I imagine it's also a lot cheaper to pay college students then professionals. While it's not NHL level (even at that level they still have stuff to improve on), it still is not as bad as UA_'s
            I think Fbks has improved. Used to be they just kind of swept the camera from blue line to blue line hoping to get a glimpse of play going by.
            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              I believe our new HD equipment is still in unopened boxes in a store room somewhere. The WCHA fine print probably said we all had to get new equipment, not that we had to use it. Journalism major? What’s that?
              Oh…..you didn’t know……..It was sent to UAA by oversight and they already put it in the new Alaska Airlines Center. That was part of the stuff we were short.
              This stuff isn’t goalie pads, you’re not getting it back.
              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 02-19-2014, 02:49 AM.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                I think Fbks has improved. Used to be they just kind of swept the camera from blue line to blue line hoping to get a glimpse of play going by.
                Their problem is they try to zoom in too often and really lose everything. Their camera guys don't follow the puck well either. UAA tops UA_, no question. In all areas!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  UAA tops UA_, no question. In all areas!
                  lol......we've made that apparent in nWCHA this year.
                  If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

UAA @ Ferris St. thread is open! FYI.
                    Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

The team has raised $18,221 for St. Baldrick's Foundation. If you would like to donate, here's the link:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/89488/2014

They will be shaving their heads on March 2 at the Farg.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Other than fellow UAA folks, absolutely no one gives our guys a chance this weekend.
                        I seem to remember being in this situation a couple of times earlier this season.
                        Maybe with Quinnipiac, Denver, Minnesota State or Wisconsin just to name a few????
                        It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

This conference race is way to close to call.
                          The "what ifs" can make your head spin.
                          It's so muddled it's difficult to know who to pull for in tonight's contests.
                          It really looks as if 3rd through 9th (and what about 2nd? well maybe not so much 2nd) won't solidify until March 8th at the Carlson.
                          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-22-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

To our defenseman, go after the body when it's 1 on 2 dammit.
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

We'll ****, we're still in 4th! Don't know how that happened. We need to sweep UA_ and pray man, sweep and pray for home ice. If we get swept and those panzies up north take 4th I'll will barf. And not just because of the quality of food on campus. Nervous, nervous, nervous. Us Seawolfpack fans are tough though, we've been through hardships like this before. Sweep and pray.

Comment

Well that sucked.
                                We should keep track of those refs and figure women's rules when they call a game.
                                They allowed zero checking from either team. It was hard to adjust to the way they called it.
                                It looked to me as if Ferris was faster than us and had the experience of playing in that "rink".
                                When they saw one of their teammates was going to gain the puck in their own end they would break ahead of the play for the red line. Over the weekend it must have given them close to a dozen odd man rushes. Our D did not look good on the series. That "rink" is rinky dink.
                                That goalie of theirs, Mott?, or whatever his name is, was top notch. Stopped us time and again.
                                Then every time we'd score to get a little momentum they came right back seconds later and let the air out of us.
                                Frustrating!
                                Put all the above together and it added up to a losing weekend.
                                Well now we get a week off to heal any strains (no bruises, there was no checking).
                                Matt will get their heads right and we'll go smote those teddy bears.
                                It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Working...
                                X