Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

I can't express enough how proud I am to watch this group of men compete and work and grind it out every night. It's a legitimate team in every sense of the word. Congrats to the boys on three in a row! Who would've thought 4-5 years ago that this was even possible. As Rick Bennett said last night, there's no point in singling anyone out - every player has contributed to this team's success.

Now we can focus on the next step - on to Bridgeport!
    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Great Turnout !!! The rink was packed. Looks like the Union faithful that could not make it on friday showed up in mass. Also, lots of folks who were clearly fans of ECAC hockey and heard there was going to be a great contest. Fans from St Lawrence, Penn State, Clarkson, RPI, etc. and a lot of them, especially the Cornell and RPI fans were cheering for us. One side note: This weekend I saw three games. The ref's were uniformly terrible. I have never seen such bad officiating in my life. Looking at todays ECAC players, what Union accomplished was last accomplished by Cornell in 1967-1970. We are in the ECAC history books. My guess is that we are picked #1 team in the country on Monday.

Footnote: Daniel Carr won the MVP.

Four Colgate fans informed me after the QU/colgate game friday that it was Colgates turn to win the tournament since they had not done so since 1990 and they were going to kick our *** as they had done all year. The only team I saw destroyed today was Colgate and the only team kicking *** was Union, especially in the second period when we scored 4 goals to their none. Fans are such complete *******s.
      I agree on the officiating. Watched all three games and just cringed at the officiating. It really is an issue in the ECAC. I am not going to invoke names here but some of the biggest names in the game of hockey have repeatedly said that officiating is the only thing that regularly detracts from ECAC hockey. I thought the officiating in the SLU - Colgate series was so bad that it was laughable. Not saying Colgate shouldn't have won, just that they shouldn't have won that way.

Let what other fans say roll off your shoulders. I'll never forget what some Harvard fans said to us in the team hotel in Boston in 1989 after we beat Cornell and they lost to Vermont. It was both insulting and ridiculous and the sad part was they weren't just fans, they were Harvard parents exhibiting about the worse sportsmanship I could imagine. If they are still out there "your trophy" is in Appleton.

I actually thought Colgate would beat you, but that is before they had to play until about midnight and Union had a fairly easy win against Cornell. Colgate matches up against Union pretty well. Probably better than any other ECAC team. But, Union is a great team. Here is hoping you get one more big trophy this year.

I only hope that the prediction on USCHO is wrong and they swap UML with Q-Pac. The committee generally does what they think will yield the best attendance but some eastern teams are going west...that is the reality.
      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
        I agree on the officiating. Watched all three games and just cringed at the officiating. It really is an issue in the ECAC. I am not going to invoke names here but some of the biggest names in the game of hockey have repeatedly said that officiating is the only thing that regularly detracts from ECAC hockey. I thought the officiating in the SLU - Colgate series was so bad that it was laughable. Not saying Colgate shouldn't have won, just that they shouldn't have won that way.

Let what other fans say roll off your shoulders. I'll never forget what some Harvard fans said to us in the team hotel in Boston in 1989 after we beat Cornell and they lost to Vermont. It was both insulting and ridiculous and the sad part was they weren't just fans, they were Harvard parents exhibiting about the worse sportsmanship I could imagine. If they are still out there "your trophy" is in Appleton.

I actually thought Colgate would beat you, but that is before they had to play until about midnight and Union had a fairly easy win against Cornell. Colgate matches up against Union pretty well. Probably better than any other ECAC team. But, Union is a great team. Here is hoping you get one more big trophy this year.

I only hope that the prediction on USCHO is wrong and they swap UML with Q-Pac. The committee generally does what they think will yield the best attendance but some eastern teams are going west...that is the reality.

Will trade you ECAC for HE refs

Comment

Union vs. Vermont and Q vs. Providence
          Union College Hockey
          2014 NCAA National Champions
          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

"...Union, this team is a machine. Defends hard. It doesn't make a difference if it has a lead. Everybody has bought in. They get back. They play in front of their goaltender. They play with tenacity. I don't think anything phases them, especially momentum swings, which are so much a part of the tournament."

-Barry Melrose

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonsGardens View Post
              "...Union, this team is a machine. Defends hard. It doesn't make a difference if it has a lead. Everybody has bought in. They get back. They play in front of their goaltender. They play with tenacity. I don't think anything phases them, especially momentum swings, which are so much a part of the tournament."

-Barry Melrose
              Oh god, you are citing Barry Melrose ...
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                3peat! Can't be any more proud of this team right now! Still hungry!
                Woo hoo! Love those championships!
                National Champions 2014!
                Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonsGardens View Post
                  -Barry Melrose
                  Not that Union doesn't do those things (and they are a very good team) but getting praise from Melrose is like your mom saying you are handsome

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                    Union vs. Vermont and Q vs. Providence
                    And the bracket of Union coaches is complete!
                    National Champions 2014!
                    Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                    Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                    Let's Go U!!!

Comment

"All four of these fan bases can drive to Bridgeport, CT. Could make it a real interesting barn"

-John Buccigross

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksonsGardens View Post

-Barry Melrose
                        I believe you were quoting Dave Starman, who I have much more respect for when it comes to college hockey. Barry Melrose wasn't on that selection show today.
                        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Will be nice to get revenge on QU after last years defeat in the quarters.

Go U!
                          Your Mama loves the Q!

Comment

Originally posted by Lodge17 View Post

Go U!
                            You do realize Union and Q have to play the openers before they can actually meet? They could lose them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lodge17 View Post

Go U!
                              And don't you mean the opportunity to get revenge. We do have this guy named Matt Peca just in case you forgot
                              Quinnipiac University '15
                              ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                              ECAC Championship: 2016
                              NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                              Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                                And don't you mean the opportunity to get revenge. We do have this guy named Matt Peca just in case you forgot
                                Love the fact that the U is forgetting Vermont. Bulletin board material. Upset in the making.

Comment

Working...
                                X