Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
    Still 3rd in Pairwise...that said I hope UVM doesn't get swapped to play Union. I wouldn't want any part of that 1st round matchup.
    Almost a guarantee that UVM gets switched and it has zero to do with attendance...

If UVM goes to Cincy, the NCAA has to pay for 37 plane tickets to send the team...

If UVM goes to Bridgeport, the NCAA only has to pay for a coach bus...

$20,000 for plane tix or a couple grand for a bus...Simple math, even for the NCAA...
    Keith Reynolds
    Union College
    Class of 1992
    B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
    Class of 2001
    M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Originally posted by uniontrack View Post
      Almost a guarantee that UVM gets switched and it has zero to do with attendance...

If UVM goes to Cincy, the NCAA has to pay for 37 plane tickets to send the team...

$20,000 for plane tix or a couple grand for a bus...Simple math, even for the NCAA...
      Yeah so much for "integrity"... there is a world of difference between Union and Wisc right now...

Comment

I just got home from Lake Placid, there was a very nice turnout. It was also nice to see fans of Clarkson, Cornell, and RPI coming out to watch the game. Hopefully college hockey is generating more interest and maybe get some more nationally televised games in the future.
        Union College Hockey
        2014 NCAA National Champions
        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
          Yeah so much for "integrity"... there is a world of difference between Union and Wisc right now...
          There might be a world of difference between the Dutchmen and Badgers (that's debatable, but I'll accept for the sake of argument), but there isn't a huge difference between UVM and North Dakota. The difference in RPI is .0009 and the Sioux have a head-to-head win. A simple .0009 change in RPI would flop the comparison. That's not enough to warrant the NC$$ paying for another plane ride.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
          12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
            I just got home from Lake Placid, there was a very nice turnout. It was also nice to see fans of Clarkson, Cornell, and RPI coming out to watch the game. Hopefully college hockey is generating more interest and maybe get some more nationally televised games in the future.
            Clarkson, Cornell, RPI and SLU always show pretty well in Lake Placid. Barring work restrictions, I've never missed an ECAC tournament in LP since I was an undergrad at Clarkson until this year. I would have been up there this weekend, but we have a more important date in Hamden with some rodents tomorrow.

I also went to Albany every year ... but NEVER, NEVER went to that sideshow in NJ.
            Last edited by FireKnight; 03-23-2014, 12:03 AM.
            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
            12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

The "Big Ice" has been very good to us this year. We are 5-0-1 (St. Cloud, N. Hampshire, Lake Placid), 3.85 vs 1.6, I think it benefited us greatly having played on it this year. Guess that is tha last time we will see it. Any injuries? Carr was limping from a hit he took. He is tough.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Yes, U Can Three Peat. Now can U, QU or us make it 2 in a row for the ECAC? Let's hope.
                Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                  Yes, U Can Three Peat. Now can U, QU or us make it 2 in a row for the ECAC? Let's hope.
                  I could see 2 ECAC teams in the FF. My Wisc. friend thought Cornell was the only NY school with a D1 hockey program.

Comment

What a game. Glad to see we could bend under pressure without breaking in the first. And after that... GO UNION !!!!!!!!!!!
                    Let's go Union !
                    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                    NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

3 years in a row. Incredible accomplishment. We just need to win 4 more hockey games. 1 step at a time.
                      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        There might be a world of difference between the Dutchmen and Badgers (that's debatable, but I'll accept for the sake of argument), but there isn't a huge difference between UVM and North Dakota. The difference in RPI is .0009 and the Sioux have a head-to-head win. A simple .0009 change in RPI would flop the comparison. That's not enough to warrant the NC$$ paying for another plane ride.
                        I guess my point as a UVM fan is right now I think there is a world of difference between Wisc and Union (just look at the RPI drop off). Union is a much tougher match up at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by uniontrack View Post

Sneddon's on the Committee so deciding whether UVM gets switched ... although so is the North Dakota AD. Regardless I doubt either one cares whether the NCAA is buying tickets or not. Then again, I doubt either one really cares who they play. Union... Wisco... I don't see one as being significantly easier then the other.
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            It's classy for coaches to punch student athletes? Of course coming from someone who supports a team that intentionally injuries student athletes in order to advance in playoff series, I'm not surprised.
                            Take it somewhere else. I'm not biting.

Comment

Well done U! And peaking at the right time I have to say, compared to the rest of the top 5.
                              UML would be the other team going in with a full head of steam.

Comment

Kudos to the Dutchmen. We stayed with you for a period but you were the superior team last night. Good luck in the Big Dance.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X