Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

KO first rd, Union did as said, RPI, sad but true did as predicted...

Comment

The Koudys being better than Bodie post was hilarious when it was originally made, it's even funnier now. Koudys is a solid stay at home D-man, but to say he would turn out to be better than Bodie was asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        Battle of the "dads" smackdown continues unabated.
        Popcorn! Get your popcorn! Three for a large, two for five!

Comment

I'm wondering what RPI's stats are in that regard? I'm thinking it would be first time long time.
          I believe you were asking about RPI's stats in three-game playoff series, specifically about winning a series after losing the first game.

The last time RPI won the second and third games of a series after losing the first one was in 1999 against Harvard in a series played in Troy.

If you want additional stats, read on.

Not counting 1987, when RPI played an unusual three-game series against Colgate (the third game was a 10-minute mini-game, played immediately after the conclusion of the second game), RPI has been involved in three-game ECAC playoff series 11 times.

RPI won the third game four times, once each against Clarkson, Colgate, Harvard, and Union. Of those four victories, three came after losing the first game.

RPI lost the third game seven times, twice each against Brown, Cornell, and Dartmouth, and once against Colgate. Of those seven losses, four came after winning the first game.

RPI has been involved in three-game series that have gone the full three games in each of the last six years and has lost five of those six, with the only win during that stretch being a road series against Clarkson in 2012. RPI enjoyed home-ice advantage in 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2014, but was unable to take advantage of it on any of those four occasions.

The Harvard series in 1999 also marks the last time RPI won the third game of a three-game series at home.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
            Not forgeting about the Colgate series from 3 years ago and no opponent in the ECAC should ever be overlooked but I think this is a great matchup for Union. For their size, Dartmouth does not play that physical and seems pretty slow up front minus one line. They were dead in the water last night until RPI decided to play on their heels from the start of the third period. Union will not play that type of hockey with a lead.
            Hope you are right, I know the Green got pretty physical last year and these best 2 out of 3 can become slog fests. And do agree that U's speed should give Dartmouth trouble. ..save me an Irish Reuben and a Harp before the game on Friday .

Regarding the recent commits, am very excited about Newhouse and Brassard. They both seem like terrific prospects that will continue U's recent offensive minded, quick skating D-corp philosophy. I've particularly heard good things about Brassard, who is reportedly a terrific skater and already has 10-15 pounds on Ghost/Bodie and could be more of a force in the d-zone. He is what I call an "aqua-marine chip" recruit; not quite blue-chip but very close and with lots of upside. My biggest concern with him is whether he improves too quickly and doesn't show up at U or only stays one season.. but those are nice things to worry about . I also think its impressive to see top Minnesota and Boston area players committing to Union, when obviously there are more local options that they could choose.. is a sign that U's recruiting reputation continues to expand.
            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
              Hope you are right, I know the Green got pretty physical last year and these best 2 out of 3 can become slog fests. And do agree that U's speed should give Dartmouth trouble. ..save me an Irish Reuben and a Harp before the game on Friday .
              Nobody lies down in the playoffs, every team needs to be counted on for their best efforts so we need to be on our toes or we'll be very disappointed. I think these seniors will not allow a let down. Too much at stake.

Comment

Well Dartmouth it is. [...] Dartmouth will come in on a huge emotional high but this series and the travel has to be draining. Let's see how the week unfolds, but if we approach the form we displayed the last month of the season, it should be on to Lake Placid. I can make that assumption, the boys had best assume nothing.
                They will be running to the ice hungry for an upset, after a nice bit of desperate hockey against a poor showing by the RPI team. We'd better be ready on our toes.
                Let's go Union !
                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

not trying to hex them but Union matches very well vsDartmouth. would have been much tougher vs rpi but eddie haskell choked as usual. union players rallied around coach as he has their back, rpi players checked out

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    not trying to hex them but Union matches very well vsDartmouth. would have been much tougher vs rpi but eddie haskell choked as usual. union players rallied around coach as he has their back, rpi players checked out
                    Please don't say that. I'm superstitious and a firm believer in hexes/jinxes. It's the ECAC.
                    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

all skill now......

just a prediction

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        I agree, obviously Union can't lay their sticks on the ice and expect to win, but we should take Dartmouth in our house, which is one of the toughest places to play in college hockey (so I've heard).
                        Union College Hockey
                        2014 NCAA National Champions
                        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Dartmouth head coach Bob Gaudet postgame (3/16/13)
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRmB5ykMKkc

Published on Mar 16, 2013
                          Dartmouth coach Bob Gaudet after getting swept by Union in the ECAC quarterfinals.

Bob Gaudet
                          http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...?ATCLID=623094
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                            I agree, obviously Union can't lay their sticks on the ice and expect to win, but we should take Dartmouth in our house, which is one of the toughest places to play in college hockey (so I've heard).
                            have watched both several times, simply as a match up, very good draw

thanks to eddie haskell, the empty suit below avg ast

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Pay up jacka**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"
                              Originally Posted by Hokydad
                              I will bet you anything you want that they will finish ahead of RPI more than behind them over the next 5 seasons.

AspyDad

(Quote)
                              I'll take that bet big mouth. Koudys is an early to mid round NHL pick... Neal, Laliberte, Haggerty, etc. are studs. Two stud recruit goalies (Diebold, Kasdorf). I don't know what your beef with Coach and our program is but try to be objective.
                              Not that I am surprised with any of this (including inability to quote properly... Still) but this is a serious beat down from Hokydad. Poor assydad.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

From Schotts
                                http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...come-for-unio/

"But the Dutchmen know that the Big Green team they faced Dec. 11 at Messa is the truer one. Dartmouth (10-18-4) outshot Union, 39-30, and had a 2-1 lead after two periods before the Dutchmen rallied for a 3-2 win.
                                It will be a bruising series.
                                "

Yes, and we will be ready. Not making excuses but that Dec. 11 was a Wednesday game after beating QU that Saturday and it was part of the 5 games in 8 days marathon. Dartmouth has to consider the fact that they will be seeing a different Dutchmen team. Hungry, rested, "chomping at the bit" with two goalies that are playing lights out. Lets show up in force this weekend and cheer our guts out. Its tournament time !!!!

Win each period, one period at a time
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 03-10-2014, 05:38 PM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X