Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    According to Ken Schott, both of this weekend's home games are SRO.
    I was listening to "Union Hockey Coach's Corner LIVE from The Van Dyck". It sounds like the boys are going to be ready. I don't have a reading on injuries. Sounds like everyone is day to day. Good discussion. Lots of respect for Clarkson, for their size and the fact that they, and Cornell, play very similar physical styles to us. They also nearly beat us. Lots of respect for St. Lawrence. Best Forward (s) in College Hockey. They did beat us. They are focussed on Clarkson.

They interviewed one of the assistant coaches (Assistant Coach John Ronan) and Sullivan. The Cleary Cup was the only goal the team had this season. Nothing beyond it. One emphatic point was made .... "To a man, every member of this team wants that league championship (Cleary Cup)." Wooooow! I get a real sense that they can taste it. Very cautious about ECAC tournament play and what can happen in a tournament.

Don't know how long that standing room is going to last. I think the standing room is over by the student section? Lots of alumni I know are flying into Albany for this one. I hope the weather holds. Its going to be a rocking weekend.

Also, it sounds like we might be playing Maine next year ....
    Last edited by Dutchman; 02-18-2014, 06:01 PM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
      Ken Schott does not state Bennett “hit a player,” rather “appears to connect”, reading comprehension is important. Besides that point, the Bennett situation occurred once, meanwhile, Appert has been suspended multiple times. The RPI team consistently "lacks discipline" using your #3 in the nation penalty minute ranking as empirical evidence.
      Your previous statement had nothing to do with whether or not Bennett hit Bubela. All you wrote was that he went after Appert. AspyDad supplied a quote from Ken Schott that disputes that statement. Your comprehension of what you yourself wrote is lacking.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The first one ?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-t...cup+champs.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...92855276178980

http://www.dailygazette.com/photos/2011/feb/26/23258/
        Last edited by Dutchman; 02-18-2014, 06:19 PM.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Living in the past, are we?

Comment

Anyone know how you sign up to be a member of the Garnet Blades?
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              All you wrote was that he went after Appert.
              That is incorrect. I stated "To speculate Bennett went after Appert for no reason is laughable" in response to ibanezist00 "also ignoring the fact that my coach decided to go bonkers on appert for no reason and got off easy".
              Union College Hockey
              2014 NCAA National Champions
              2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Dutchmen Hockey Video
                http://vimeo.com/20651522
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Anyone know how you sign up to be a member of the Garnet Blades?
                  Easy, contact me by e mail or go to Union Athletics Men's hockey page and there is a link.

Comment

That is incorrect. I stated "To speculate Bennett went after Appert for no reason is laughable" in response to ibanezist00 "also ignoring the fact that my coach decided to go bonkers on appert for no reason and got off easy".
                    This is the post to which he was replying: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5888761. I add that Bennett has said nothing as to why he did what he did, whatever that may have been. Until he says something and I can access it, I am going by what I saw on the videos.

Just curious, are you either a Union graduate or current student?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      Easy, contact me by e mail or go to Union Athletics Men's hockey page and there is a link.
                      I sent you an email
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        I sent you an email
                        I sent you a reply email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          This is the post to which he was replying: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5888761. I add that Bennett has said nothing as to why he did what he did, whatever that may have been. Until he says something and I can access it, I am going by what I saw on the videos.

Just curious, are you either a Union graduate or current student?
                          As fans, we only have videos/pictures to interpret the situation and there are obviously going to be conflicting reports. As previously stated, RPI is 3rd in nation vs. Union 33rd in the nation for penalty minutes, which in my opinion, speaks volumes about which coach runs a disciplined program. To answer your question, yes, I earned my master's degree from Union last year.
                          Union College Hockey
                          2014 NCAA National Champions
                          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

As fans, we only have videos/pictures to interpret the situation and there are obviously going to be conflicting reports. As previously stated, RPI is 3rd in nation vs. Union 33rd in the nation for penalty minutes, which in my opinion, speaks volumes about which coach runs a disciplined program. To answer your question, yes, I earned my master's degree from Union last year.
                            I thought it was only Maine that gave out degrees for repetitive whining.

Comment

UnionFan4Life:

You have been a very welcomed addition to this thread ever since the season began and we were all pulling out our hair after those first few games. I hope you continue to contribute your thoughts going forward.
                              Last edited by Dutchman; 02-18-2014, 08:10 PM.
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Ken Schott does not state Bennett “hit a player,” rather “appears to connect”, reading comprehension is important.
                                So is comprehension of politically-correct media. His fist came in contact with Bubela's head while he was in the process of trying to make his fist come into contact with Appert's head. Schott, a homer for Union, is not going to blatantly say "Bennett hit Bubela in the head!!" No matter how you spin it, your coach showed zero restraint and class and the more vocal members of your fan base need to stop trying to spin it into something else.

As for being suspended "multiple times", Bennett has been a head coach a much shorter length of time than Appert. Appert got suspended for trying to bring up how anyone with a red jersey that says "C-O-R-N-E-L-L" on the front goes flailing to the ice when they get gently brushed by someone else, as well as the inconsistency of ECAC reffing. I hardly think something like that compares.

Hope this clears SOME things up.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X