Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

First thread was finally closed.

Have to admit, anything less than 3 points this weekend would be disappointing.

We're now 5 points out of second place with three games in hand on NU (who owns the tie-breaker).
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    First thread was finally closed.

Have to admit, anything less than 3 points this weekend would be disappointing.

We're now 5 points out of second place with three games in hand on NU (who owns the tie-breaker).
    Given the way Merrimack has played so far, anything less than 4 points this weekend would be disappointing.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Barry Goers back with the WBS Penguins on his second PTO this season. Congrats Barry!
      Justin Soderberg
      President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
      Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
      Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

I know depending on the injury, you sometimes have to wait till the swelling goes down. Not sure if that applies here.
        From a medical standpoint, there is no reason to wait in an ER to get an x ray if it won't change the plan. Generally speaking, unless someone has something that is so displaced you need to do surgery, splinting, icing and elevating is the standard plan until regular office hours. Pro-Sports does a lot of unnecessary things because they have a ton of money. Pretty sure they must need to repeat a lot of those images later when stuff settles down.

Comment

Don't know if anyone else noticed this or not, but the game at UMass a week from Saturday has been pushed up to a 6pm faceoff and will be on NESN.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

No excuse for Lowell to lose to Merrimack at Tsongas. Lawler is sometimes tough place for opponents to win.
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              No excuse for Lowell to lose to Merrimack at Tsongas. Lawler is sometimes tough place for opponents to win.
              That's basically why I said three points.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

A look at each Hockey East team's status when scoring (PP, even, SH).
                Monty

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Don't know if anyone else noticed this or not, but the game at UMass a week from Saturday has been pushed up to a 6pm faceoff and will be on NESN.
                  I saw that while on conference call w the alumni office.

Will try to do a local game watch for that one. Merrimack I'll just go it alone
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Whats the injury update for Lowell?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Given the way Merrimack has played so far, anything less than 4 points this weekend would be disappointing.
                      Injuries or not, nothing less than 4 points is acceptable. Five games in three weeks against the bottom three teams in HE. Lowell needs every single point.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

According to Mike McMahon's twitter.

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN- According to the Merrimack athletic dept., only single seats and standing room tickets are left for Merrimack-Lowell on Sat. night
                        The game is also being televised on WBIN and FCSA.

Never an easy weekend in HE. 4 points would be great but I expect two tough games.

Comment

Merrimack is 7-0 when scoring 3 plus goals. 0-13-3 when scoring two goals or less. Your defense is too strong for Merrimack and I am praying for a split and there is no chance my team gets anything in Tsongas. I expect a Lowell sweep, 4-0 on Friday and 3-2 Saturday
                          Rinks Visited
                          DCU Center
                          Tulley Forum
                          TD Garden
                          Tsongas Arena
                          J. Thom Lawler Arena
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Agganis Arena
                          Verizon Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Matthews Arena
                          Thompson Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          Alfond Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Magness Arena
                          Ingallas Arena
                          Hart Center
                          Prudential Center
                          TD Bank Sports Center
                          John A Ryan
                          Lynah Rink
                          Appleton Arena
                          Cheel Arena
                          Germain Arena
                          XL Center
                          Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

In other HE news. Maine will not be hosting the the Florida College Classic next season.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/2...?ref=SportsBox

The University of Maine men’s hockey team’s 14-year affiliation with the Florida College Classic in Estero, Fla., has come to an end because UMaine is adding nonconference games against New Hampshire and is trying to save travel costs.
                            I’m a little surprised and disappointed. We always enjoyed having them down here,” said Craig Brush, owner and general manager of the Florida Everblades. “But I respect Red’s decision. We’ll find another host school.”

Comment

I had to register again as the board wouldn't recognize my login/password. I reset my password but the board still wouldn't let me login. ***?

This is a 4 point weekend for Lowell. Merrimack is horrible this year and anything less than a sweep will be disappointing. Carr in net on Friday?
                              The poster formerly named Gainzo.

There's a lot to like about Lowell.

Comment

Working...
                              X