Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State-Mankato at NMU 1/31 and 2/1: Oh What Fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State-Mankato at NMU 1/31 and 2/1: Oh What Fun.

When these two team met earlier in the season, the Purple Mavericks swept the Cats.

This time, I'm hoping for a different result.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Minnesota State-Mankato at NMU 1/31 and 2/1: Oh What Fun.

After a very disappointing weekend, I'm hoping the Mavs get back on track. Mn State needs 4 points if they want to catch Ferris St. However, I don't see them going 4-0 on the season against NMU. I'm expecting two hard fought games.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      When these two team met earlier in the season, the Purple Mavericks swept the Cats.

This time, I'm hoping for a different result.
      It was a sweep, but both games were tied in the 3rd. NMU had lost Ludwig the week before and was still trying to adjust to that, and Siemer didn't play, so it's going to be a much different NMU team this weekend. On the bright side for the Mavs, the offense seems to have recovered from their Alaska malaise. On the down side, our goalies were both bad last weekend. If Huggins gives up an early soft goal on Friday, we could be on the verge of a weekend meltdown.

Comment

Must sweep.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Frankly, the Mavericks need to be better 5 on 5. The PP is 3rd in the country, the PK is 4th. LaFontaine is killing it on the PP.
          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Frankly, the Mavericks need to be better 5 on 5. The PP is 3rd in the country, the PK is 4th. LaFontaine is killing it on the PP.
            And we need to quit giving up so ***** many odd man rushes.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

This is a matchup I would have loved to have seen years ago as a NC series. So glad they're our conference mates now. I felt that NMU and Mankato were very similar in how they developed talent for the NHL.

How I would love to be back in MQT for this weekend.

I hope the 'Cats can minimize the penalties and continue to build on the power play from last Friday in Anchorage.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                And we need to quit giving up so ***** many odd man rushes.
                Penalties. Even if the PK is good to great, playing shorthanded kills you. The game against SCSU could have been very different with some discipline.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Penalties. Even if the PK is good to great, playing shorthanded kills you. The game against SCSU could have been very different with some discipline.
                  It's not even the penalties that drive me nuts (although the discipline has been awful lately). It's horrible plays by the defensemen and horrible passing that give up odd man rushes regardless of whether we're shorthanded on the PP or even strength drive me nuts. We give up 3-4 odd man rushes nearly every game. It's why we lost in Alaska. It's part of what turned the games against UND and SCSU. It ridiculous how many times the goalie needs to carry the team due to undisciplined plays like that.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Great weekend of hockey. Hope to do a road trip. Who knows I might stop in the broadcast booth.

Comment

DavyD, Is there anywhere to listen to the interview you did with Bruce McLeod in UAA, or a recap of what he talked about?

Unless I read another thread wrong that said you interviewed him.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Subscribed...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

A big reason we're taking so many penalties is because we give up the odd man rushes. We're taking obstruction penalties on some of the rushes, which in turn makes us even more undisciplined throughout the rest of the game. So many stupid, little penalties. Chase Grant is reverting back to old ways..
                          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            A big reason we're taking so many penalties is because we give up the odd man rushes. We're taking obstruction penalties on some of the rushes, which in turn makes us even more undisciplined throughout the rest of the game. So many stupid, little penalties. Chase Grant is reverting back to old ways..
                            NMU is very similar... We get beat by quicker moves, then resort to grabbing you as you go by... The PK time eats away at our fitness and amps up the frustration level...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              DavyD, Is there anywhere to listen to the interview you did with Bruce McLeod in UAA, or a recap of what he talked about?

Unless I read another thread wrong that said you interviewed him.
                              No there isn't a place to listen to it. And the interview was done live. So I don't have it stored personally. If you have a specific question, I may be able to give an answer.
                              Last edited by davyd83; 01-30-2014, 03:35 AM.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X