tUMD @ Western Michigan - Battle for NCHC Home Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ Western Michigan - Battle for NCHC Home Ice

Big weekend here for both teams. This is UMD's first trip to WMU in conference play and Western is looking for their first win against UMD at home. Both teams have been playing well in their last month of play so this should make for some fun hockey.

I would be very happy with a split considering how well Western has been playing. These two teams split a series last month in Duluth.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ Western Michigan - Battle for NCHC Home Ice

Lets see how WMU plays after the break,they were red hot .
    Last edited by hockeynut92; 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Should be a fun series. I can really see this becoming a great rivalry. I want to make it out to Western's barn, seems to have a great atmosphere. Throw in a Bell's tour and you got a heck of a weekend.

Comment

WMU fans can't go one fans without a typo. It makes me look like a spelling guru.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          WMU fans can't go one fans without a typo. It makes me look like a spelling guru.
          Your just great at grammer?

I'm excited for this series, I think Western will do a lot better than the last time tUMD was in Lawson. I strongly encourage paying a visit to Kalamazoo while Western plays in Lawson, the Old Barn is something to experience. And if your team loses (like i hope they will ) no better place to drown your sorrows than "beer city" Michigan!
          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
            Your just great at grammer?

I'm excited for this series, I think Western will do a lot better than the last time tUMD was in Lawson. I strongly encourage paying a visit to Kalamazoo while Western plays in Lawson, the Old Barn is something to experience. And if your team loses (like i hope they will ) no better place to drown your sorrows than "beer city" Michigan!
            you're

I'm actually really bad, I just wanted to make a joke.

I'd love to make it out to Western sometime. Lawson is a classic old school rink with a great atmosphere. The Lunatics are one of the best (if not the best) student sections in college hockey (I'd say best in the West for sure). Spent a lot of time in West Michigan (my wife is from there) and I've always liked Western. UMD and WMU both started off as Normal Schools (teacher schools) so we share that bond. Nice to a see a program that went through its struggles and now is a yearly contender.
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Nice road win for tUMD on Friday. Anyone actually at the game care to comment? Based on the activity in this thread, does anyone really care about this series?
              tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                Nice road win for tUMD on Friday. Anyone actually at the game care to comment? Based on the activity in this thread, does anyone really care about this series?
                I do! Great win even though we gave up another shorty and a PP goal. PK has dropped to 11th in the country and UMD is up to 12 in the PWR. From the highlights I saw it sounded like UMD played a great game and even better 3rd period. Osterberg has been a huge surprised for this team, didn't think he'd be that good.

This team is playing its best hockey of the year at a good time. Let's hope it continues tonight..

PS I didn't think Farley would miss the game. He did get hurt from that major afterall...
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Ugh, I used a goalie start on THAT?!?
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I care. I don't have much to say, but I care.

I think I would really enjoy a trip to Kzoo. The lunatics sound like good people. Really made me miss my school days at the old DECC and the old PB. Brought back some really fond memories. Still get me fired up. I'm gonna go punch a gopher just for old time's sake.

Hope we can come back with some fire tonight. Gonna be a physical one.
                    UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrUvu1mlWco

#GoDogs #VictorySong
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Oh, you crazy kids.
                        UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

I really hope some tUMD fans make a trip to Lawson sometime. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles the newer arenas have, but IMO the old barn feel is refreshing. The lunatic section isn't quite as creative as years past but we are out in full force every game, at least until the broncos start crapping the bed...

On that note... I was at fridays game and can say the broncos completely ran out of gas in the third. I was a student the last time tUMD was in lawson and i felt like the bulldogs ability to play a full game is what beat us then too...

I sat next to the visitors penalty box, the bulldogs are good sports. They gave the lunatics the attention we wanted and its always a fun back and forth exchange...
                          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                            I really hope some tUMD fans make a trip to Lawson sometime. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles the newer arenas have, but IMO the old barn feel is refreshing. The lunatic section isn't quite as creative as years past but we are out in full force every game, at least until the broncos start crapping the bed...

On that note... I was at fridays game and can say the broncos completely ran out of gas in the third. I was a student the last time tUMD was in lawson and i felt like the bulldogs ability to play a full game is what beat us then too...

I sat next to the visitors penalty box, the bulldogs are good sports. They gave the lunatics the attention we wanted and its always a fun back and forth exchange...
                            UMD has played a fast paced style under Sandelin. Haven't given it much thought about how that could wear a team down. WMU is a big team that kinda plays a grinding style of hockey and UMD found a way to beat them on the road.

Good hear that our team was good sports. Anything worth sharing?

Lawson is on my must go to list in college hockey. UMD used to play in an old barn as well and the atmosphere is just fantastic in those venues.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                            X