The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

5 PM against Harvard is NU's next game so I figured this thread needed to be made. You'd think NU vs. BC would be the final but then again you'd think NU would have won a 4 team tournament once in the last 25 years.

P.S. Over/under how many times we hear "throw out the records" for BU/BC: +/- 122.5
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Re: The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

who cares...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      who cares...
      ya but youze salvaged seasons way back when when youze actually sucked for a year and won a 'pot with a s**t team, why cant that happen again?

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post

P.S. Over/under how many times we hear "throw out the records" for BU/BC: +/- 122.5
        I don't think you will be hearing that from any of the BU fans who have been closely following this team.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        ya but youze salvaged seasons way back when when youze actually sucked for a year and won a 'pot with a s**t team, why cant that happen again?
        Nothing is impossible, but it seems highly unlikely… my memory is that in those past cases, BU was not struggling quite this much, and BC was not quite as good / deep / talented as they seem to be this year.

Our hope is to play a game similar to what we did at Conte last week, except a couple of our guys are more healthy and that our goalie plays over his head a little bit more.

Who knows, maybe we can pull off a neutral zone trap type of thing ala hockey east quarters 2004.

My best guess though is that I'll have some good seats available to the highest bidder for the 2nd monday.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          Wish Mook a Happy New Year and give him false hopes ) He's a fellow Asian ) Am I his alter ego ?

BC sucked around 1994 and upset Harvard at the old "Garden." That was about it for BC highlights that year ) Mook cares it's just that he thinks his team has no chance this year. I used to dread watching the Beanpot when they dominated the BU invitational.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Harvard will give NU fits. That's all I know for gm 1.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Is Benedetto reffing?
              Does Quinn pay as much as Jackie?
              Will BU have only 16 skaters?
              How many BC goals will be disallowed?

Throw out the records for this one folks.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Is Benedetto reffing?
                Does Quinn pay as much as Jackie?
                Will BU have only 16 skaters?
                How many BC goals will be disallowed?

Throw out the records for this one folks.
                How many times will the net be dislodged at the most inappropriate time for the opposing team ?
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  How many times will the net be dislodged at the most inappropriate time for the opposing team ?
                  Haha... good one.

But that trait seems to have shifted to Notre Dame this season.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Haha... good one.

But that trait seems to have shifted to Notre Dame this season.
                    BTW, ON Ebay I'M Selling an old style Eagle jersey if you're interested

Comment

BTW, What is the record of how many wins each team has in the Beanpot? how many beanpot titles for each school. Obviously, BU Has the most wins regarding Beanpot titles.

Comment

BTW, What is the record of how many wins each team has in the Beanpot? how many beanpot titles for each school. Obviously, BU Has the most wins regarding Beanpot titles.

Boston University Terriers (49-time finalists, 29-time winners; last championship in 2009)
                        Boston College Eagles (33-time finalists, 18-time winners; last championship in 2013)
                        Harvard University Crimson (25-time finalists, 10-time winners; last championship in 1993)
                        Northeastern University Huskies (15-time finalists, 4-time winners; last championship in 1988)
                        Last edited by steven22; 01-26-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

BTW, ON Ebay I'M Selling an old style Eagle jersey if you're interested
                          Whoa, link?

EDIT: Found it, ugh too much for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-College-Throwback-Hockey-Jersey-by-CCM-SIZE-L-XL-Stitched-2-/261382197113?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cdb97cf79

Why are you selling?
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-26-2014, 09:20 PM.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                            you'd think NU would have won a 4 team tournament once in the last 25 years.
                            Assuming even teams, the chances of a team losing 25 straight Beanpots (Beanspot?) is literally 1 in 1,350.

Every year I do the math and can't get over the mind-numbing futility.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

BC wins its fifth in a row. Next...
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X