Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Do I have to state the excuses in advance or can I just think them up as the day progresses?

Seriously, not sure what the lineup will look like for BC tonight with injury issues (hello excuses). Personally, and I'm not BSing, I kinda have a bad feeling about this especially if Hayes is out or far from 100%.
    I kind of have a bad feeling too, oddly.

SANDBAG NATION
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      I'll believe it when I see it. A scalper would never do that, but maybe a disgruntled fan from the losing team. I paid $40 for my lower bowl seat.
      i must have neglected to fill in what seats i want ( i always choose the cheaper because i prefer balcony) So they gave me two $40 loge, right behind the goal, row 7. NO THANK YOU!!! I will go into the balcony as always and around the face off circle to blue line, in the BC section i will find seats no higher than 3rd row. What a dope i am!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        2nd game always starts 45 min after the completion of the first game. Which always seems to be well after 8:00.
        this is my 9th in a row and i dont ever remember any of the nightcaps starting at 8, 8:15-8-30 is normal

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          . . . "Nope, they're all at the wake." . . .
          I'll be at my son's crossing over from Webelos to Boy Scouts. (Darn these kids and their meddling activities!) He's lucky we don't live in New England, else his dad would be FaceTiming from the Gahden.

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          Why not just grab the Zamboni, give it a shot, and have a shootout?
          If you mean players get to shoot while driving the Zamboni, you might have just had the best consolation game idea in history.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

See, this one sucks. Why not just grab the Zamboni, give it a shot, and have a shootout? It's no big deal.
            Because the only thing dumber than a shootout to decide a hockey game is a "shootout" to "decide" a "hockey game" that doesn't count in the standings or in the pairwise rankings. Ain't nobody got time for that.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              I kinda have a bad feeling about this especially if Hayes is out or far from 100%.
              Originally posted by joegrav View Post
              I kind of have a bad feeling too, oddly.

SANDBAG NATION
              Funny, I always have a bad feeling the first two Mondays in February...

Comment

Since every college hockey team I root for is doomed to ignominious failure, I should perhaps leave NU alone this year and root for BU. Who with my luck will win Beanpot 3,456.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Who won the home team coin tosses?
                  -

Comment

Who won the home team coin tosses?
                    ..the fur coat.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

Because the only thing dumber than a shootout to decide a hockey game is a "shootout" to "decide" a "hockey game" that doesn't count in the standings or in the pairwise rankings. Ain't nobody got time for that.
                      Eh, we disagree. I'm not a fan of shootouts during the regular season, but since it's a tournament, I'm okay with it.
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

The BU magic is gone from this thing. All you need to know is BU has lost two consolation games in the last 4 years.....to Harvard. I don't know when BU finished 4th prior to then, but it had only happened 4 times in the history of the tourney before these two times, and certainly not anytime in the past 30 years.

If Quinn can find a way to pull this one out, I'll be thrilled. But this is just a BU team that is not good. They got outshot by UMass by a 2-1 margin on Friday night for chrissakes.

Can we get Russ Bartlett in the house?
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Eh, we disagree. I'm not a fan of shootouts during the regular season, but since it's a tournament, I'm okay with it.
                          I want a BU/BC game that goes 5 overtimes and degenerates into the two fan bases screaming expletives at one another.

I enjoy that rivalry immensely. And not just because one of them has to lose...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

We did a little reminiscing, 43 former Beanpot players have suited up in NHL this season.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...astern-harvard
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              I want a BU/BC game that goes 5 overtimes and degenerates into the two fan bases screaming expletives at one another.

I enjoy that rivalry immensely. And not just because one of them has to lose...
                              Ahmmmm. I thought you quit this place the other night??

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Ahmmmm. I thought you quit this place the other night??

You know better than to take me seriously...

USCHO is like a train wreck. Involving Hokydad.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X