The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

I'm thinking next Monday night's game will be low scoring. BC seems to be focusing more on defense and goaltending lately and has been real good of late. Also Witt seems to be in a zone also.

The difference may be special teams play and mistakes that lead to goals. Whoever takes the early lead first has the advantage. Coaches emphasizing no unnecessary penalties.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      I think you can make a better argument that the 2011 NU/BC semifinal might have been different with Witt instead of Rawlings. BC scored 2 "cream-cheese in the oven" soft goals in that one.
      I thought BC played NU in the final in '11? I'm getting old and losing it but I thought that was the wacky 7-6 overtime game that was followed up by the 7-7 game at Conte the ensuing Friday.

Witt is a million times better than Rawlings, but this year's BC team is also much better than last year's team.

It would be hard for BC to sweep a team as good as NU 3-0 in the season series, but I do think the Eagles are better overall... and Demko is emerging as a legitimate #1 goalie, which helps, too, in terms of matching up against Witt and his ridiculous save percentage.

Should be a good show.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
        I thought BC played NU in the final in '11? ....It would be hard for BC to sweep a team as good as NU 3-0 in the season series, but I do think the Eagles are better overall... and Demko is emerging as a legitimate #1 goalie, which helps, too, in terms of matching up against Witt and his ridiculous save percentage.

Should be a good show.
        You're right about the 2011 game being the final. Why Cronin never pulled Rawlings from that game is something I'll never understand. Muse was having a bad night; Rawlings was having a worse night.

Totally agree with the last sentence. If nothing else, we can both agree that the two best teams in Boston are in the championship (even if one of them is from Newton).
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Hey
          At least he's calling it a beanpot now that they've won 4 in a row -- for his first decade here it was the p!sspot
          True! Caring at all for winning the pot was an iron clad determiner of fanboyness. Somebody's moving those goalposts!
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

i don't do much of this twitter stuff but this bay state road sports or whatever...ya, that guy's a real winner

Comment

Y'all act like you've never seen a fly poster before, jaws on the floor while Papa just burst out a Maclean score
              and started singing his own no one heard before - he was bored with the thread, can't blame him (AH)
              It's the return of the ah, wait, no way he's kidding. he isn't going to say Beanpot is he?
              And Jack Parker said..........Nothing you idiots! Jack Parker's gone, he gave up when the heat was on! (Ha Ha!)
              Feminist hipsters love Harvard Crim
              "Take a good look at those sweaters, they're beautiful, look at 'em
              skating around like they know what's up, maybe I should go too? Nah but they're no good though."
              Yeah York's probably got a couple screws up in his head loose,
              But no worse, than what's going on in Trivino's bedroom
              Sometimes students wanna get on TV and cheer loud - but can't
              NESN just shows the half empty quiet Loge crowd
              Donato cut his lip
              Donato cut his lip
              After if we're lucky NESN will show it to us again
              And that's the message we deliver to freshmen and expect them not to know what winning it all is
              But of course they're gonna know it and see their team win by their 4th grade they go to BC or BU don't they?
              We ain't nothin but winners, well some of the Huskies who can't recall one aren't really so trusting
              But if we can root for Cambridge and Huntington then there's no reason that a final can't have them both (uhhhhhh)
              But if you feel like I feel, then Garden here we go
              Turner Gerbe Scott Fusco, Gionta Drury Rawlings (d'oh!)

Cause this is the Beanpot, yeah it's the hockey Beanpot
              All you other fake Beanpots should go hang with Harvard's mascot
              So won't this year's Beanpot please not rot, worth a shot, it'll be hot

Cause York's got a machine, staring Johnny Hockey
              But if he don't watch out, Witt might steal the Hobey
              So won't the two ranked teams please step up, please step up, please step up

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                I thought BC played NU in the final in '11?
                Sorry, I meant the 2011 HE semi; I should have written that. I'm getting old too
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by emm View Post
                  Y'all act like you've never seen a fly poster before, jaws on the floor while Papa just burst out a Maclean score
                  and started singing his own no one heard before - he was bored with the thread, can't blame him (AH)
                  It's the return of the ah, wait, no way he's kidding. he isn't going to say Beanpot is he?
                  And Jack Parker said..........Nothing you idiots! Jack Parker's gone, he gave up when the heat was on! (Ha Ha!)
                  skating around like they know what's up, maybe I should go too? Nah but they're no good though."
                  Donato cut his lip
                  Donato cut his lip
                  And that's the message we deliver to freshmen and expect them not to know what winning it all is
                  But of course they're gonna know it and see their team win by their 4th grade they go to BC or BU don't they?
                  We ain't nothin but winners, well some of the Huskies who can't recall one aren't really so trusting
                  But if we can root for Cambridge and Huntington then there's no reason that a final can't have them both (uhhhhhh)

Cause York's got a machine, starring Johnny Hockey
                  Well done!
                  I want to hear the audio of that!

P.S. misspelled starring. More fluid reading (singing) when spelled right.
                  Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-04-2014, 11:17 PM.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

So... just so we're clear.
                    The guys who have nicknames for players are fanboys.
                    The guys who have created not one, but two, songs devoted to their hockey team are... what exactly?
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                      So... just so we're clear.
                      The guys who have nicknames for players are fanboys.
                      The guys who have created not one, but two, songs devoted to their hockey team are... what exactly?
                      Superfanboys

Comment

Donato cut his lip
                        Donato cut his lip

Cause York's got a machine, staring Johnny Hockey
                        This was so good that I died.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Just goes to show you the variety of ages on this thread. I have NO CLUE what this is about (I imagine a parody of a rap "song"), just as I'm sure this poster has no clue who Don McLean is...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Just goes to show you the variety of ages on this thread. I have NO CLUE what this is about (I imagine a parody of a rap "song"), just as I'm sure this poster has no clue who Don McLean is...
                            Probably thinks "American Pie" was a naughty movie with naughty sequels
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              This was so good that I died.
                              That was so good, I died, came back and now I want to eat this poster's brains.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Real Slim Shady by Eminem which came out in 2000. As far as Don MacLean, Weird Al's Star Wars remix of American Pie is much more enjoyable to listen to.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X