PDA

View Full Version : Spartans / Wolverines (1/24,25): What color is your Kool-aidŽ?

owslachief
01-21-2014, 02:39 PM
It may depend on your bias - for A<sup>2</sup>, blue is for "we got this - it's little brother, the natural order will prevail, and we're starting at Yost-east!"; for MSU-EL, green is for "we just swept a football team on skates, we're 3rd, and they'll be a little rusty!".

Start chugging :).

Breaking news:
They're doing this on Thursday and Friday (1/23, 1/24)?? :o

wolverineTrumpet
01-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Breaking news:
They're doing this on Thursday and Friday (1/23, 1/24)?? :o

Apparently we play each other in bouncy-ball on Saturday, which for reasons not understood by me, more people are interested in.

As was pointed out in the Michigan thread, those headed to the Joe Thursday should account for Auto Show traffic and parking.

Michigan has played poorly in the few recent games they've had. Hopefully, with conference points on the line, this time Michigan steps it up.
Luckily, that delicious blue Kool-aid is convincing me that playing State at the Joe is just what's needed to get back on track.

alfablue
01-21-2014, 06:46 PM
I could have sworn that the current blue was more depression of the play, and the green was nausea of your play.

Could be wrong...

Scarlet
01-22-2014, 11:33 AM
How do you guys determine who is the home team at this game?

wolverineTrumpet
01-22-2014, 11:46 AM
How do you guys determine who is the home team at this game?

It rotates each year. This year Michigan is the home team. We play at State Friday. Then the other weekend series between the two teams is a home and home.

Next year State will be the home team at the Joe, Michigan will host 2 at Yost and State 1 at Munn.

streaker
01-22-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't recall a blue kool aid growing up. I do recall some other unmentionable colors, though. Since I don't drink it, I guess I won't sound biased in saying that the last 4 games have not represented the performance in the previous 14. I want that defensive play and timely scoring back. Right now the offense is about as barren as a prom date for Sandra Bernhard.

OTOH, State is playing better than I saw at the start of the season. Goaltending and defense will give any team a chance- which leads to me to my conclusion. If Michigan gives away scoring chances like they have the past four games, then it will be another long, regrettable sorta almost weekend.

owslachief
01-22-2014, 01:09 PM
It rotates each year. This year Michigan is the home team. We play at State Friday. Then the other weekend series between the two teams is a home and home.

Next year State will be the home team at the Joe, Michigan will host 2 at Yost and State 1 at Munn.

I would much rather have two at home than a "home" game at the Joe. However, IF home at the Joe, I'll gladly give up the last line change for, say, a 1-goal handicap or 3-minute-minor power plays.

Spartanforlife4
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Evidently the CoY are coming to Munn on Friday.

bluevox
01-23-2014, 09:15 AM
I will not be making the trip to The Joe for the game tonight because my wife got me tickets to tomorrows Red Wings - Canadiens tilt. Excited to see the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge! Go, Habs, Go!

Edit: Also, Go Blue!

wolverineTrumpet
01-23-2014, 09:52 AM

Now I kinda want to go.

Part of me wants to complain about 6:30 Friday start times. But then part of me thinks I should just be grateful BTN has mostly allowed us to keep Fri/Sat series.

Seriously though, 6:30 Friday games cramp my style. As do Thursday night games at the Joe.

owslachief
01-23-2014, 10:55 AM

Wha?!? Not another invasive species. The Asian carp are problem enough. :mad:

alfablue
01-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Wha?!? Not another invasive species. The Asian carp are problem enough. :mad:

At least it would bring life back to Munn... ;)

owslachief
01-23-2014, 01:20 PM
That, or practicing on nearby Red Cedar River the noble sport of carp baseball bat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhn7VpgLv4)-tery - or - for those who are looking for an enhanced thrill, "skarping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqykDINEcGo)".

Spartanforlife4
01-23-2014, 01:23 PM

Hey! There's still life at Munn! It's just only there when we play Michigan, or that one time we killed off the power play against Minnesota without getting it out of the zone. So there will be life three times this year, though the second game is during spring break so maybe like two and a half times.

Spartanforlife4
01-23-2014, 08:20 PM
And UM will take the first Big Ten game with a 2-2 victory.

alfablue
01-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Hey! There's still life at Munn! It's just only there when we play Michigan, or that one time we killed off the power play against Minnesota without getting it out of the zone. So there will be life three times this year, though the second game is during spring break so maybe like two and a half times.

On a serious note- I do hope that more than the Gophers and Spartans really light up Yost. For some reason, OSU rarely does, I expect Wisconsin will be fun for the crowd, but I expect the COY to be able to study when Penn State shows. Heck, we just decided to not to go to the PSU games...

We'll see.

MGoBlueHockey
01-23-2014, 09:17 PM
I love me some Phil Di Giuseppe. Especially against that team.

Crazy, gritty and physical game--would expect nothing less from the Rivalry at the Joe game.

Tomorrow night.....the invasion.....it has begun.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5ekMlQvi4

MGoBlueHockey
01-24-2014, 09:12 PM
This team grew up tonight and took control of this season again.

First regular season win there since 2008-09. Not even the NCAA Finalist team in 2010-11 won there, shockingly.

streaker
01-25-2014, 05:17 PM
And UM will take the first Big Ten game with a 2-2 victory. and it wasn't even a Hockey East ref that blew it!

owslachief
01-27-2014, 08:55 AM
This team grew up tonight and took control of this season again.

First regular season win there since 2008-09. Not even the NCAA Finalist team in 2010-11 won there, shockingly.
W seniors got their first win at Munn. And I suppose by what I witnessed that Andrew Copp and JT Compher really must hate us. They were on a tear.

It also appeared Friday's home team just thought they could lock it on "cruise" after how they played Thursday. Ain't gonna work ... the team that showed up Friday wasn't the same one that played solid on Thursday.