Your all-time hockey team..... as a baseball team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your all-time hockey team..... as a baseball team

With hockey (sadly) coming closer to a close, that got me thinking about baseball season.

There's been "all-time roster" threads as such, but how about:

What would the lineup look like if you took your schools best hockey players and put them on a baseball team? What position would they play? What spot in the lineup would they bat?

Maybe your schools top scorer ever wouldn't bat #4 because they weren't a powerful shot, so they'd bat #5 or #6?

Maybe your best goalie would be catcher but maybe they actually had good enough mobility to play somewhere else? Maybe they'd have a jersey number switch, because a certain number fits better for baseball?

I haven't thought through UMD's yet. I'm imagining Mason Raymond as lead off, because of speed and would play center field. The Hobey Baker winners probably would be in the middle, except Tom Kurvers.

So what's your thoughts?
    Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
    bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Re: Your all-time hockey team..... as a baseball team

Coming to a close? Minnesota still has 20 games to play!
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

What in the world

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Coming to a close? Minnesota still has 20 games to play!
        A couple months or so, once we hit January the end of hockey just feels close. And I said CLOSER to a close.
        Last edited by USAFA Bulldog; 01-20-2014, 08:34 PM.
        Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
        bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Lou Lamirello played baseball and hockey at PC....His baseball game took him to the Cape League!
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

If the coach of your favorite hockey team ran a bakery, which player would be the sassy red velvet cupcake? Who would be that yummy chocolate chocolate? And what about that ying/yangy chocolate vanilla? And let's not forget that bodacious spice walnut fella either. That's all I have time for, feel free to add to the list. Someone else obviously has WAY too much time to think.....
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              If the coach of your favorite hockey team ran a bakery, which player would be the sassy red velvet cupcake? Who would be that yummy chocolate chocolate? And what about that ying/yangy chocolate vanilla? And let's not forget that bodacious spice walnut fella either. That's all I have time for, feel free to add to the list. Someone else obviously has WAY too much time to think.....
              Considering the tradition and strength of Wisconsin's baseball program, I am surprised by your dismissive answer.
              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Might be the dumbest thread ever.

Comment

Holding off until we get to the Your Favorite Team as Afghan Horseback Goat Carcass Tossing or Your Favorite Team as Chess Pieces threads. Darth Platt was definitely a rook.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                      Considering the tradition and strength of Wisconsin's baseball program, I am surprised by your dismissive answer.
                      Ohhhhh, I didn't realize your fav college hockey team has to have a baseball team to play the game. Oh, the embarrassment! But wait! UW did indeed have a baseball team at one time, so if I chose to play the game, I could within the rules.

But I agree this is the dumbest in-season thread...evah, off-season is pretty much open season. The biggest question would be which former UW player would be the raspberry mocha cupcake?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
                        A couple months or so, once we hit January the end of hockey just feels close. And I said CLOSER to a close.
                        Dr. Joseph Dolan: You know, it's a shame about Ed.
                        Fletch: Oh, it was. Yeah, it was really a shame. To go so suddenly like that.
                        Dr. Joseph Dolan: He was dying for years.
                        Fletch: Sure, but... the end was very... very sudden.
                        Dr. Joseph Dolan: He was in intensive care for eight weeks.
                        Fletch: Yeah, but I mean the very end, when he actually died. That was extremely sudden.

Comment

George Bush played baseball for Yale, he did not play hockey.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Clark, the Canadian hockey goalie/shortstop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdf4GeT4ELA

He's not on my hockey team, but we should draft him for his baseball skills
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

There was a kid not too long ago from Ohio State who played baseball and hockey. I think he ultimately transferred to UMass
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X