X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Star College Cup - MN, UMD, MSU, SCSU

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    I think it comes down to money.
    That and whether or not the games are on TV, no matter how many tickets are sold.

If season ticket holders didn't get seats at the HCC and this tournament, I doubt I would go to either this year.
    We definitely did for the HCC, but off hand I don't remember if I had to pay extra for the North Star College Cup.

I only plan to go to the Big Ten championship if the Gophers make it. I'll be going to the regionals with a few thousand other people, though.
    I think it's a pretty safe bet that the Gophers will make the Big Ten Championships. I think it's also a pretty safe bet that the NCAA West Regionals will attract a very nice crowd, assuming the Gophers make that one.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      I think it's a pretty safe bet that the Gophers will make the Big Ten Championships. I think it's also a pretty safe bet that the NCAA West Regionals will attract a very nice crowd, assuming the Gophers make that one.
      I mean the actual championship game. And I'm trying to remember if they even opened up the 200 level for the regional with UND a couple years ago.

Comment

All Maverick Season Ticket Holders had these tickets included in the package this year.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

The North Star cup was not included in the SCSU season ticket package. The only offer was an in house order up until a couple weeks ago to avoid ticketmaster fees but the base price was the same.

We can't make it because of a hockey tournament. We would love to be there though. Especially since it's the first one.
          Last edited by hockeykrazy; 01-21-2014, 05:54 AM.

Comment

I mean the actual championship game. And I'm trying to remember if they even opened up the 200 level for the regional with UND a couple years ago.
            They didn't. It was embarrassing. The two teams who claim to have the best and largest followings in college hockey and they didn't even open the upper level. I hope they do better this year, but I fear they won't. Everyone complains about ticket prices, but I was able to afford them for that regional as a poor college student(at the time) and I already have my tickets for this years regional as well.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              They didn't. It was embarrassing. The two teams who claim to have the best and largest followings in college hockey and they didn't even open the upper level. I hope they do better this year, but I fear they won't. Everyone complains about ticket prices, but I was able to afford them for that regional as a poor college student(at the time) and I already have my tickets for this years regional as well.
              As strange as this sounds though, it's probably easier to afford it AND rationalize it as a poor college student though. Once you have a wife and family it becomes harder and harder to rationalize spending that much money in that short of period of time. My wife and I have had to plan for a couple of months on what to do with the kids and get off of work (which most people from Kato and Duluth would have to take at least a half day to get there on time). Thankfully, our tickets were included with our season ticket package or I don't think we could have rationalized spending that kind of money. $200 on 4 hockey games when you have 3 kids that want to do other things, is just not realistic for most people.

Edit: Sorry, it's $160 for 2 tickets not $200. Small change, but a change none the less.
              Last edited by Bale; 01-21-2014, 09:56 AM.
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I think it comes down to money. If season ticket holders didn't get seats at the HCC and this tournament, I doubt I would go to either this year. I only plan to go to the Big Ten championship if the Gophers make it. I'll be going to the regionals with a few thousand other people, though.
                I would have gone to the tournament this weekend but happily skipped the HCC on Friday if it hadn't been part of my season ticket package.

And I plan on going to all 5 B1G Tournament games, same as I have with the Final 5 for the last 15+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                  As strange as this sounds though, it's probably easier to afford it AND rationalize it as a poor college student though. Once you have a wife and family it becomes harder and harder to rationalize spending that much money in that short of period of time.
                  Correct

When you go out the week before to the HCC and dump huge piles of cash on booze, coke and women, it makes it a little tougher to hit up the X the following week. College kids wouldn't understand that...

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    Correct

When you go out the week before to the HCC and dump huge piles of cash on booze, coke and women, it makes it a little tougher to hit up the X the following week. College kids wouldn't understand that...
                    Good thing pot is still affordable! Yipee!!!
                    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Oh, speaking of being REALLY stoned and watching the Gophers, is Parenteau expected to play this weekend?
                      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                        Oh, speaking of being REALLY stoned and watching the Gophers, is Parenteau expected to play this weekend?
                        Last I heard, he'll be available. Not sure if he'll play or not though.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I wonder if any schools bands will be making an appearance...you would assume so.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            I wonder if any schools bands will be making an appearance...you would assume so.
                            tDogs and Gophers have good bands, I'd be pleased if they were there(even though I don't believe I will attend). No offense, but Kato's band has been terrible when I've heard them play in Kato. Never seen a band in Cloud town. Do they even have one or will they just ask that Welcome to the Jungle be piped in before a faceoff late in the game to get the Husky faithful all jacked up?

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              tDogs and Gophers have good bands, I'd be pleased if they were there(even though I don't believe I will attend). No offense, but Kato's band has been terrible when I've heard them play in Kato. Never seen a band in Cloud town. Do they even have one or will they just ask that Welcome to the Jungle be piped in before a faceoff late in the game to get the Husky faithful all jacked up?
                              Kato's has been bad....real bad. They brought the band back this year and it's getting better. Still not great, but certainly getting better.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                                Kato's has been bad....real bad. They brought the band back this year and it's getting better. Still not great, but certainly getting better.
                                I could tell the difference the last two years we came down there for Gopher games that they were getting a little bit better, but they were still pretty bad. Glad to hear they are improving, though. It makes it more of a college atmosphere with the pep band at least.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X