North Star College Cup - MN, UMD, MSU, SCSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Star College Cup - MN, UMD, MSU, SCSU

Like that they added the team colors around the star for the tournament logo.....the colors align in general with the college's location in the state....
    http://xcelenergycenter.s3.amazonaws...ht_610x320.jpg

Hope the teams fans travel well and fill out the arena.

Comment

The Gopher program just needed a nice enema. With a wonderful coach like Don Lucia, all it takes is players that will buy into the system and they can't lose.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Anyone know about how many tickets have been sold so far? Hoping there's a good crowd and a great atmosphere in the building...pretty sure the players and fans from St. Cloud, Duluth and Mankato will come in pretty excited and anxious to show what they can do against the country's No. 1.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Looking forward to theses games, hopefully the X is rocking the Rouser many times Friday night.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Definitely looking forward to the weekend. Took Friday off so I don't have to worry about getting to the X on time for the early game. I expect it'll be 4 good games, regardless of the pairings on Saturday.

Comment

I need to make sure one of my projects does not end up with another Friday afternoon meeting on my schedule (they have had a bad habit of doing that). Although the project site is in St. Paul and much closer to the X than my home or office, I've still got to get home to pick up my son before the game - at least I don't need to dress in so many layers this week.

Comment

I'm debating whether or not I'll go to the Blue Line Club luncheon, which is Friday, starting at 11:30am. While I like the idea of it being close to the X, at Mancini's, I would have to leave my house at around 10:30am, which would make for a very long day...then there's the question of what you do for a few hours in between the luncheon and the first game. But the agenda sounds like fun:

"Dave Christian and Mike Ramsey join us at Mancini's to talk Olympic history! You'll hear some history about Bill Christian and the 1960 Olympic Hockey team, some Gopher history, and they'll probably want to talk about the 1980 Miracle on Ice too. The Wild's Roger Godin will tie all this together in the Curator's Corner."

Decisions, decisions ...
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I'm debating whether or not I'll go to the Blue Line Club luncheon, which is Friday, starting at 11:30am. While I like the idea of it being close to the X, at Mancini's, I would have to leave my house at around 10:30am, which would make for a very long day...then there's the question of what you do for a few hours in between the luncheon and the first game. But the agenda sounds like fun:

"Dave Christian and Mike Ramsey join us at Mancini's to talk Olympic history! You'll hear some history about Bill Christian and the 1960 Olympic Hockey team, some Gopher history, and they'll probably want to talk about the 1980 Miracle on Ice too. The Wild's Roger Godin will tie all this together in the Curator's Corner."

Decisions, decisions ...
                  I know I'm going to the luncheon... then hitting the bars by the X to hang out for the next couple hours

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    The Gopher program just needed a nice enema. With a wonderful coach like Don Lucia, all it takes is players that will buy into the system and they can't lose.
                    This post by you is about the Gophers and the Gophers are playing in this tournament, which this thread is about, so am I allowed to post in this thread? Just want to get your permission before I overstep any boundaries here.....

Thanks in advance.
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      This post by you is about the Gophers and the Gophers are playing in this tournament, which this thread is about, so am I allowed to post in this thread? Just want to get your permission before I overstep any boundaries here.....

Thanks in advance.
                      For what it is worth, You ARE allowed, Mr. Wes.
                      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                        For what it is worth, You ARE allowed, Mr. Wes.
                        I disagree. He is not allowed. No shoo shoo Mr. Wes.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post

Thanks in advance.
                          Only if you keep making this same post. After the 5th or 6th time, it is still as funny as the first.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            I disagree. He is not allowed. No shoo shoo Mr. Wes.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Geeze, its nice to finally get some real life opposing fans. Our recent series threads have either just been 100% Gopher fans or have felt like church mixers.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

I agree 5mn Major, and with that I give you...

Comment

Working...
                                X