PDA

View Full Version : Hobey Hutton at Boston College, Saturday, 1/18/14

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

FiveHole12
01-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Hobey Hutton is leading the pack in the 2014 Hobey Baker Award nominee voting with 2679 while Johnny Hockey is in second with 2364.
Anyway... this game needs it's own thread.

Eagles got their arses handed to them up in Orono. Seems like more of the same coming up this Saturday.
BC is soft - Hokydad said so!

Chit. we're in trouble. :(

J.D.
01-16-2014, 04:59 PM
not sure how gaudreau is getting any votes at all with hobey hutton on the ballot!

FiveHole12
01-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Hutton had 2 goals and 2 assists against BC up at Alfond. Devin Shore had 2 goals and 1 assist.

Maine had a let down and lost 2 up at Vermont a week after the BC beat down, but have gone 5-1-1 since then, including lighting up BU for another 7 goal performance.

Maine is on a roll. Maybe I'll just stay home Saturday night. This ain't going to be pretty. :(

FiveHole12
01-16-2014, 05:40 PM
it will be a tough game for Maine but BC is soft, just like they were last year. let them run around and pass 80 times and toe drag and life is good. hit them and force them into the dirty areas and they will fold up like they did vs HC and ME first time

Michigan 3 BC 1
MN 6 BC 1
ME 5 BC 1
Brown 3 BC 3
U Mass Amherst 2 BC 2

5 bad games and its only mid January

This team is smoke and mirrors. Shut down first line and they collapse
I think I'm gonna cry. My Eagles may not win another game this season. :(

all bear
01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
All bear sayin don't miss this one. Best game evah to not be on TV.

Does the donut hole get filled?
Does Johnny Hawkeye show up big time?
Is Ouellette lit up?
Do pineheads finally admit ole 1 eye is over the hill?
Does 5 hole get lucky?
Will Linnell get respect finally?
Is beecee lookin past peeuuu? Iz black bears lookin past the druggies in Low-well?
Is Johnny too ugly to win the hobey?

FiveHole12
01-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Is Miami a one line team? What about Maine? If BC is a one line team, than every team in the country except Minnesota is a "no line team". Your act is laughable

maybe it is but it is true

soft team that out of conference teams will roll over in ncaa playoffs

just look at who was on their lines before the chancge, zero since

they have 48 combined points in the 6/7 games htye have been together

mn, ferris state types will steam roll in april
Hey Hoky... this is the game thread, not the Maine thread.

Jon
01-17-2014, 12:57 PM

Jerry York, you area clown.

If BC is that bad, PC is really finished. Cripes...

Pucknut
01-17-2014, 02:40 PM

I wouldn't worry too much, maybe you will lucky enough to catch a game against the Rat Dogs at the ******pot a pull out win.

FiveHole12
01-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Surprised there's no chatter here. Been looking forward to this game for a while and think we're going to see some good old tyme style hockey tonight. Well, maybe. I keep forgetting, BC is soft, so there will be no hitting... but other than that, should be a terrific game. ;)

OK, so there's one of you yahoo's sitting with me, and I'm guessing 3 other Maniacs bought my other tix. That makes 4 Maineuhs sitting to my immediate right. I'm gonna count teeth. :D

Go Eagles!

blackbear80
01-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Surprised there's no chatter here. Been looking forward to this game for a while and think we're going to see some good old tyme style hockey tonight. Well, maybe. I keep forgetting, BC is soft, so there will be no hitting... but other than that, should be a terrific game. ;)

OK, so there's one of you yahoo's sitting with me, and I'm guessing 3 other Maniacs bought my other tix. That makes 4 Maineuhs sitting to my immediate right. I'm gonna count teeth. :D

Go Eagles!

How's the snow down in beeceeland ?

all bear
01-18-2014, 03:08 PM

It's just brutal down here....thinks it's the arctic....luckily a few porters at phat cat in Quincy just makes it look like Maine

FiveHole12
01-18-2014, 03:14 PM
We had a ton of it, then all bear showed up and it melted with all that hot air. :D

blackbear80
01-18-2014, 03:22 PM
We had a ton of it, then all bear showed up and it melted with all that hot air. :D

Starting in Newburyport.
Might have to drive to Oak Grove and take T. Ugh

Any driving suggestions?

all bear
01-18-2014, 03:27 PM

Bear have no hot air, only bad breath

FiveHole12
01-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Starting in Newburyport.

Any driving suggestions?
Sorry, but I'm south of Boston. No snow here... I just got done firing up a steak on the grille. :)
Paging sterlippo

WhiteMule
01-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Starting in Newburyport.

Any driving suggestions?

I would avoid Oak Grove/Malden if possible. The Orange Line is nasty, and that whole area is sketchy after dark.

Edit: The B line to Boston College is also slower than slow.

I would just drive the whole way in. I never knew a few flakes to scare a Mainer from driving?

BCeagle
01-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Anyway... this game needs it's own thread.

Eagles got their arses handed to them up in Orono. Seems like more of the same coming up this Saturday.
BC is soft - Hokydad said so!

Chit. we're in trouble. :(

I think this game is circled since Maine handed BC an embarrassing lost in Orono. Every player will be playing and skating at 100%, play smart and make good decisions with the puck, and after last night, major defensive effort is needed.

Reminds me of the games with Minnesota (game #2) and Holy Cross. Stay out of the box and play smart defense.

sterlippo1
01-18-2014, 04:03 PM
I would avoid Oak Grove/Malden if possible. The Orange Line is nasty, and that whole area is sketchy after dark.

there is nothing sketchy about that area. Melrose-Malden line near Pine Banks is a solid area. I lived in Melrose for 40 years and you obviously have not used the Orange line much north of Boston:confused:

Priceless
01-18-2014, 04:17 PM

Edit: The B line to Boston College is also slower than slow.

I would just drive the whole way in. I never knew a few flakes to scare a Mainer from driving?

But the T from Boston College to downtown after game is free.

blackbear80
01-18-2014, 05:02 PM
But the T from Boston College to downtown after game is free.

Drive's ok in case anyone else is wondering.

@ publick house having an allagash. Go Maine!