DU @ tUMD - January 17th and 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU @ tUMD - January 17th and 18th

Important series for home ice for both teams. UMD is only two points behind DU and is coming off a sweep of UNO. I'm hoping Crandall continues his hot play and allows the Bulldogs to get more than a split against a DU. Which is a team that always seems to find a way to split with UMD in Duluth.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: DU @ tUMD - January 17th and 18th

Our Monopoly token is a sheet on paper?

Would be a huge momentum weekend if we can get another sweep.
    UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Yes it is. I'm very anxious to see the play of Crandall. Best weekend of hockey he has played and let's hope it continues. I'm worried he'll have that game where he comes back to earth after a few good games played. Those games he always seems to get pulled.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

That redhead behind DU's bench is new Assistant Coach David Carle. And with one exception , he is older than the players on the team.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

DU Game Notes

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2...B_OEM_ID=18600

• Denver’s combined special teams are No. 1 nationally at 58.2 (121-of-208). The Pios penalty kill unit is No. 5 nationally at 88.2 (97-of-110) and its power play group checks in at No. 4 nationally at 24.5 (24-of-98).
          • The Pioneers team offense sits at No. 39 among the national leaders with their average of 2.64 goals per game, while the defense ranks No. 7 in the nation allowing a scant 2.14 gpg.
          Last edited by du78; 01-16-2014, 12:18 PM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I wish I could travel to this series as I have yet to see the new Ansoil arena and would like to see my Bulldog friends I met up there a few years ago. Keep it under control Biddco!
            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
            sigpic
            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
              I wish I could travel to this series as I have yet to see the new Ansoil arena and would like to see my Bulldog friends I met up there a few years ago. Keep it under control Biddco!
              Such a good time when you appeared up here. I would make this series if you were there! I'm staying home for this series to save some money. Which is too bad because this will be a great series.
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

No Denver TV or webcast for this series DU fans have radio or PioVision audiocast at www.denverpioneers.com
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Looking forward to this weekend. Really miss my living just blocks from DU during my Colorado years; late 90s and there wasn't many people in the building, I'm guessing a couple of NCAA titles changed that.

Can someone please mail me a dog from Mustards? Really, really miss that place.
                  Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                  bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Big series for DU a couple of road wins would really help!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Well that was brutal. Rough to play to a tie for 64 minutes and get nothing out of it. Even more brutal this year with these 3 point games.

WTH was Soucy doing tonight? 2 of the worst turnovers I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

Sounds like the refs stunk. Pretty upset with this loss because I was optimistic the last weekend was a sign of things being more than just a .500 season.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Went to the game and Denver looked a little bigger and faster than tDogs. If tUMD can play like they did in late third and OT, they have a chance of winning tonight. OT winner was bad bounce off Herbert's stick to Shore who beat Crandall on short side.
                          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Sounds like the refs stunk. Pretty upset with this loss because I was optimistic the last weekend was a sign of things being more than just a .500 season.
                            Refs did stink, but the offense didn't do anything to win the game for the first 55 minutes and the D, umm didn't not loose the game.

It reminded me of the first St. Cloud game. We probably should have won, but forgot to.
                            UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Sucks to give up a lead but at least we got a point in the skills competition.

Sounds like Crandall had another good weekend and should be our number one goalie for the rest of the season. Anyone who was at the game want to refute that?

Overall it was a disappointing weekend, only taking 4/6 points. I like to see how the team came back on Friday but it made that overtime loss sting even more. This team still is a young team with it's inconsistencies. I believe this team will only be around .500 when they year is over. I'd consider that a step forward for this from last year and would expect an NCAA birth and or league title next year. It feels like this team is learning to win and this year is providing more experience for them down the road.

Looking forward to seeing them play in the North Star Cup next weekend.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X