PDA

View Full Version : BU at BC,Friday, Jan. 17 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-17-2014, 08:58 PM
That BC is such a one line team says hokydad. Ya ok sure.

Interesting game. Maguire kept BC from hanging a 10-spot especially in the 2nd period. BU fan turnout was the lowest I've ever seen in Conte and they were not even noticeable up there. BU battled back credit to them.

defkit
01-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Good first period for BU. Terrible second period, and I mean like JV-style. No breakout whatsoever. Even less of a forecheck. Despite getting three goals in the third, I thought BU was still terrible. That no-communication play where Lane sent it back a long the boards, Somerby had no idea a BC player was anywhere near them and left the puck for his d-partner only to have BC get it and Calnan I think score….just a complete breakdown.

When BU has Mike Moran our on the Power Play, you know things have gotten bad.

Oh, and how many shifts did BU's 4th line see? 2 or 3 maybe? Not sure I agree with that approach.

Oh well, glad they made it exciting.

And Tom Caron is really getting on my nerves. It's Ba LAR GEE ON, not Balergeron like Bergeron.

Chris_NH
01-18-2014, 05:28 AM
BU and BC fans may not agree on much, but what they can agree on is that insufferable NESN TV play-by-play man Tommy Caron is the world's worst. With perhaps the most irritating voice heard over the airwaves, Caron surely must 'know someone' at NESN or at least 'Have The Goods' on them to hold that microphone year after year. He's the reason why 'MUTE' buttons exist.

sterlippo1
01-18-2014, 06:21 AM
full credit to bu for battling to the end

absolutely right, as much as it pains me, kudos to Boston University for that effort, pain in the *** all night

Good Job, BU! Good effort! Participation trophies for everyone! And fruit punch, too!

can't give them that crap about trophies, they have plenty of real ones

TonyTheTiger20
01-18-2014, 07:43 AM
i saw a bu team that played hard for the most part. as the game went on they just started to make more and more mistakes. as for bc, i'm actually glad it ended like this. a good reminder that if they don't play better tomorrow, they will lose.
Good point.

That BC is such a one line team says hokydad. Ya ok sure.
That fourth line is something to behold. They've been playing like this for a few games now.

Interesting game. Maguire kept BC from hanging a 10-spot especially in the 2nd period. BU fan turnout was the lowest I've ever seen in Conte and they were not even noticeable up there. BU battled back credit to them.
I don't know, their fans up in the corner were pretty decent. Have to give them credit for sticking it out in a rough year.

Bomber
01-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Good first period for BU. Terrible second period, and I mean like JV-style. No breakout whatsoever. Even less of a forecheck. Despite getting three goals in the third, I thought BU was still terrible. That no-communication play where Lane sent it back a long the boards, Somerby had no idea a BC player was anywhere near them and left the puck for his d-partner only to have BC get it and Calnan I think score….just a complete breakdown.

When BU has Mike Moran our on the Power Play, you know things have gotten bad.

Oh, and how many shifts did BU's 4th line see? 2 or 3 maybe? Not sure I agree with that approach.

Oh well, glad they made it exciting.

And Tom Caron is really getting on my nerves. It's Ba LAR GEE ON, not Balergeron like Bergeron.

I didn't see the game, but these comments smell of poor coaching. Why don't they have their **** together? Seriously, it's almost February. I'm fine with them not being good/lack of talent/injuries and all that crap, but come on, coach 'em up Quinny! And no, I'm not asking for him to be fired, he just needs to pick up his game.

BU Hockey: Moral Victories. (Sort of)