Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 1/17 & 1/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 1/17 & 1/18

Minnesota hosts Ohio State Friday night at TCF Bank Stadium 8pm for the Hockey City Classic. Saturday game is at 5pm and is part of Hockey Day Minnesota 2014, it will be broadcast on FSN. The Gophers are coming off a sweep at Penn State, Ohio State won and tied at home against Michigan State.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 1/17 & 1/18

Can't wait for Friday!!!
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      Can't wait for Friday!!!
      Naturally, it's supposed to be the coldest day of the week. Temps in the low single digits at the puck drop? Sure hope the wind dies down by then...
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The cold weather will make for some great ice though, unlike in Chicago.

I'm looking forward to going Friday night.
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

Actually it may be too cold. The ice gets brittle and chips out easily in that case.

Comment

Exactly. I'm looking forward to it. I'm just going to wear layers on layers on layers as well as winter boots. No winter boots was the biggest mistake I made in Chicago.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Exactly. I'm looking forward to it. I'm just going to wear layers on layers on layers as well as winter boots. No winter boots was the biggest mistake I made in Chicago.
              I tested my gear out on Saturday and was overheating. Yes, it'll be 25 degrees colder. but I was minus the hoodie, jersey and face mask, so I should be just fine on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Actually it may be too cold. The ice gets brittle and chips out easily in that case.
                I figured it would have to be below zero for that to happen, but I'm no expert on ice.

Looks like a high of around 12 and low in the single digits.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                  I tested my gear out on Saturday and was overheating. Yes, it'll be 25 degrees colder. but I was minus the hoodie, jersey and face mask, so I should be just fine on Friday
                  As I said on GPL, use your best judgement on layers, but make sure to wear winter boots!

I'm not too worried about the layers because I'm an ice fisherman, but cold feet are no fun!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

As I said on GPL, use your best judgement on layers, but make sure to wear winter boots!

I'm not too worried about the layers because I'm an ice fisherman, but cold feet are no fun!
                    This. I didn't wear proper footwear to the Sconnie/Minnesota football game and it was not fun.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I figured it would have to be below zero for that to happen, but I'm no expert on ice.

IIRC from maaaany years ago when I drove a Zamboni, ideal temp for hockey ice was around 18 F for the brine. I worry that nighttime temps are forecast around 0 which will make it brittle. May be OK when the ladies start and get worse as the men's game goes on.

And I've become a wimp in the cold after spending a decade in warmer climes and getting old.
                      Last edited by goldy_331; 01-14-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Minnesota hosts Ohio State Friday night at TCF Bank Stadium 8pm for the Hockey City Classic. Saturday game is at 5pm and is part of Hockey Day Minnesota 2014, it will be broadcast on FSN. The Gophers are coming off a sweep at Penn State, Ohio State won and tied at home against Michigan State.

Go
                        Dear OSU fans and OSU players,

This is how we roll in the land of 10,000 Lakes.

Best wishes,

Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          Dear OSU fans and OSU players,

This is how we roll in the land of 10,000 Lakes.

Best wishes,

Hold your breadth...I don't think other USCHO B1G fans exist.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

I can't wait. I will be in layers as well as the two eight year olds that will be with me.As long as it stays above zero, I think the ice will be just fine. We will probably be able to slide into the third period of the women's game before a trip to Campus Pizza......Good news!
                            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

I'll be at the outdoor game as well. Cannot wait!
                              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                              X