Polls of 1/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls of 1/13

I wonder how Adrian gets away with tying a 3-9 St. Olaf team and feels no impact from it in the most recent poll. In fact, the #1, #2 & #4 teams all had ties this past weekend.......and had no ill effects in the poll. The only team in the top 4 that "took care of business" (Plattsburgh)by winning both their games.....you guessed it, lost ground to the others ??? Stevens-Point even took their lone 1st place vote away !!! Western bias ??

P.S. Please spare the "these polls don't mean a thing till February" or "who cares about the polls until blah-blah".....it's just conversation.

Re: Polls of 1/13

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
    I wonder how Adrian gets away with tying a 3-9 St. Olaf team and feels no impact from it in the most recent poll. In fact, the #1, #2 & #4 teams all had ties this past weekend.......and had no ill effects in the poll. The only team in the top 4 that "took care of business" (Plattsburgh)by winning both their games.....you guessed it, lost ground to the others ??? Stevens-Point even took their lone 1st place vote away !!! Western bias ??

P.S. Please spare the "these polls don't mean a thing till February" or "who cares about the polls until blah-blah".....it's just conversation.
    How about you put your ballot out there............... and maybe then we can have a conversation ??

I suspect that a record with no losses would have something to do with Adrian's placement in the poll.

Comment

Oswego moved up to 10th, I'm ok with that, should we be higher than Utica? Hard to say.
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

What conversation? All I see is a bunch of whining.

Comment

I thought Stevens Point would split #1 with Adrian this week. Curious to see NUProf's computer rankings on these two
          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
            How about you put your ballot out there............... and maybe then we can have a conversation ??

I suspect that a record with no losses would have something to do with Adrian's placement in the poll.
            My top 4 would remain the same....it's just a little puzzling how sometimes teams will get away with one. No hostile intent. Adrian deserves #1 , but polls should punish as well as reward. A tie to a club like St. Olaf should be recognized, not ignored. Additionally, I'm puzzled how Plattsburgh loses a bit of ground when all around them tied or lost ??

Comment

For Point, it could be argued that a tie to St. Norbert is better than a 1 goal victory over Skidmore.

For St. Norbert, a victory over River Falls and a tie to Point could also look better than a 1-goal victory over Skidmore.

For Adrian, having that zero in the loss column is very persuasive to voters that gloss over their ballot (not saying that's right or wrong).
              Last edited by Ozz; 01-13-2014, 03:12 PM.
              Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
              2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Are we not counting the 6-1 shellacking of Castleton ??

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                For Point, it could be argued that a tie to St. Norbert is better than a 1 goal victory over Skidmore.

For St. Norbert, a victory over River Falls and a tie to Point could also look better than a 1-goal victory over Skidmore.

For Adrian, having that zero in the loss column is very persuasive to voters that gloss over their ballot (not saying that's right or wrong).

Comment

Are we not counting the 6-1 shellacking of Castleton ??
                  Even with that, still (can be argued) not as impressive as the other 'weekend resumes'.

We can even throw in Point's 'shellacking' of Lawrence.
                  Oswego'08, '10

Comment

Adrian has beaten Plattsburgh's common opponents 22-8 compared to Plattsburgh 9-5 (granted Adrian has 1 more game)....

Adrian has 0 loses, beats losing to a .500 Hobart team...

UWSP is 2-0-1 vs. ranked teams, Plattsburgh is 1-0-1 vs. Ranked teams....

UWSP tie to SNC is better then a 1-1 tie vs. Buff State....

SNC is 4-1-1 vs. ranked teams...

SNC's 1 loss to Lawrence is the only thing saving Plattsburgh from dropping another spot.....

UWS is in the toilet, Middlebury is struggling, Buff State is not doing well, Hamilton is 3-7-1, .....who has Plattsburgh played to even think about moving them up against those other kind of records....?

This week
                    Plattsburgh plays at #5 Norwich, at Middlebury, and at #12 Williams
                    Adrian plays host to two games against #15 CSS
                    UWSP plays two games at #14 UW River Falls
                    SNC plays two games against 8-4-3 Concordia Wi

Could be some massive changes in the top half of the poll by Sunday.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                      Even with that, still (can be argued) not as impressive as the other 'weekend resumes'.

We can even throw in Point's 'shellacking' of Lawrence.
                      I don' t think St Olaf has a very good Resume, but honestly I agree with the current polls as they stand. Plattsburgh needs to turn up the intensity and tomorrow will help tell the story!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                        I don' t think St Olaf has a very good Resume, but honestly I agree with the current polls as they stand. Plattsburgh needs to turn up the intensity and tomorrow will help tell the story!
                        Agreed...I think there are some voters that as long as there is a zero in the loss column, then that will be their first-place vote.
                        Oswego'08, '10

Comment

Plattsburgh has by far the toughest schedule this week. We'll know more after that. If the Cards can keep it at one loss for the season then ???

Don't care that Adrian has scored more goals against common opponents (Fredonia and Buffalo)

Yes, Adrian has 0 losses....which is the reason they're #1. Never said the Cards should be ahead of them.

All of those records vs. ranked are pretty good....let the Cards play a few more and we'll see. Is 2-0-1 really meaningfully better than 1-0-1 ?? Come on.

Tying Oswego isn't a BAD tie, is it?

AND, Plattsburgh's one loss to Hobart is the ONLY thing keeping Adrian at #1

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post
                            What conversation? All I see is a bunch of whining.
                            It's pretty annoying when you're on thé other side of it isn't it.

Comment

Plattsburgh has by far the toughest schedule this week. We'll know more after thats can keep it at one loss for the season then ???
                              Agree, if Plattsburgh can come out with a 0 in the loss column they get put right back up there as one of the teams to beat even more than they already are.

Don't care that Adrian has scored more goals against common opponents (Fredonia and Buffalo)
                              You may not, but pollsters do, and those unlike your opinion are the only ones that matter in the polls...

Yes, Adrian has 0 losses....which is the reason they're #1. Never said the Cards should be ahead of them.
                              By your complaining I wonder....keep in mind too with Geneseo getting shalacked by Elmira and Middlebury taking yet another on the chin, it makes those "good" wins that much less...another reason to lose points...

All of those records vs. ranked are pretty good....let the Cards play a few more and we'll see. Is 2-0-1 really meaningfully better than 1-0-1 ?? Come on.
                              Exactly...you're complaining about rankings and number of votes yet agree Plattsburgh needs to play more ranked teams...you been chilling with Fish?

Tying Oswego isn't a BAD tie, is it?
                              At the time was it? Debatable. But it's looking better. Is it better than tieing the #4 and or #2 team?

AND, Plattsburgh's one loss to Hobart is the ONLY thing keeping Adrian at #1
                              Again, debatable. With Adrian having not just 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 common opponent games of which they dominated each Plattsburgh has that tie with Buff State. So Adrian wins common opponents. Is a 6-7-3 (5 ranked games) Buff State tie with 1 tie vs ranked teams better then a 3-6-3 (6 ranked games) St.Olaf team who has 2 ties vs ranked teams?

Both sides have an argument that would make both sides right. Unfortunately Plattsburgh has laid the latest egg in the "loss" column. 2 wins against ranked teams and an up and down Middlebury team would really put some pressure on things.

6 years ago with the schedule Adrian was playing a hicup like a tie with St.Olaf would plummet them. Playing/beating common opponents (and easily) along with an upgraded MCHA/NCHA Adrian deserves where they are.

Same with UWSP and Plattsburgh, period
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                              X