PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris 13-14: CHA no longer a one-team pony

nyi19
01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
No. 8 nationally, No. 6 in RPI while everyone was sleeping.

OnMAA
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
No. 8 nationally, No. 6 in RPI while everyone was sleeping.

Now you jinxed it. :D

nyi19
01-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Now you jinxed it. :D

Yes, I suppose there's visual evidence if it all goes downhill now.

But I've been tweeting about them for weeks, and the success train is still rolling! ;)

Eeyore
01-13-2014, 04:49 PM
I confess to having no idea what to make of Robert Morris at this point. I'm putting them at #6 in the posters' poll but the variance on everyone after #5 (and maybe after #4) at this point is extraordinarily high. The plus for RMU is, obviously, their won/loss record. They're beating the teams that they're supposed to beat. The negative is that their schedule isn't full of quality opposition:

The split with BU looks pretty good, but BU isn't a team without lots of warts of its own at this point;
The split with Mercyhurst means less than it would have in previous years, as this is a team that lost to OSU, split with Minnesota State, and dropped three points to Cornell;
Syracuse is pretty much living off the afterglow of beating BC as the rest of their results are pretty uninspiring;
Splitting with Rensselaer might be good and it might be bad and I have no idea which.

So Robert Morris is good but I really don't have a good feel with where they fit in relative to teams in other conferences.

CrazyDave
01-13-2014, 04:56 PM
I confess to having no idea what to make of Robert Morris at this point. I'm putting them at #6 in the posters' poll but the variance on everyone after #5 (and maybe after #4) at this point is extraordinarily high. The plus for RMU is, obviously, their won/loss record. They're beating the teams that they're supposed to beat. The negative is that their schedule isn't full of quality opposition:

The split with BU looks pretty good, but BU isn't a team without lots of warts of its own at this point;
The split with Mercyhurst means less than it would have in previous years, as this is a team that lost to OSU, split with Minnesota State, and dropped three points to Cornell;
Syracuse is pretty much living off the afterglow of beating BC as the rest of their results are pretty uninspiring;
Splitting with Rensselaer might be good and it might be bad and I have no idea which.

So Robert Morris is good but I really don't have a good feel with where they fit in relative to teams in other conferences.
Which is very similar in nature to what I said in the Pollsters Poll thread. Very interested to see how the Colonials do in Connecticut this coming weekend.

nyi19
01-13-2014, 08:33 PM
They're beating the teams that they're supposed to beat.

I think that's the biggest thing. I mean, it's certainly not responsible to be thinking national title or even NCAA tourney appearance with so much time to go for a team that's never been there, but they're also doing something they've never done in not losing to teams they "shouldn't" based on their record.

ARM
01-13-2014, 09:14 PM
I think that's the biggest thing. I mean, it's certainly not responsible to be thinking national title or even NCAA tourney appearance with so much time to go for a team that's never been there...Yes, but every team that's ever advanced to the NCAA Tournament was in the position of having never been there at one point. Dream big. I hope the Colonials make the tournament, and I hope they make some noise (unless they play the Gophers, and then I hope they play well but lose. ;) )