Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Anchorage at Alabama Huntsville: Time to party like it's 1992!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Anchorage at Alabama Huntsville: Time to party like it's 1992!

Because that would be the last time we've been to Huntsville (Looked it up!).

And that's a lot of A's.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Re: Alaska Anchorage at Alabama Huntsville: Time to party like it's 1992!

Keep up the momentum, don't overlook the chargers

Go seawolves
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      Keep up the momentum, don't overlook the chargers

Go seawolves
      Overconfidence has been the downfall of many a team.
      And don't we know it. That's a statement not a question.
      We've been on the underdog side of it enough to know what lackadaisical preparation and play can do.
      You don't suppose Mr. Corbett would relish a win over the Seawolves do you?
      And remember when the Chargers were here and Friday was a 3 to 1 game?
      A couple of wrong bounces and we could end up with egg smeared all over our face.
      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-12-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Overconfidence has been the downfall of many a team.
        And don't we know it. That's a statement not a question.
        We've been on the underdog side of it enough to know what lackadaisical preparation and play can do.
        You don't suppose Mr. Corbett would relish a win over the Seawolves do you?
        And remember when the Chargers were here and Friday was a 3 to 1 game?
        A couple of wrong bounces and we could end up with egg smeared all over our face.
        I know it's an old cliché, but the Chargers are better than their record. They did beat Bowling Green, on the road no less. And they gave the Badgers all they could handle in their Saturday night game. I firmly believe they will beat another team this season, and I hope it's not mine.

I'm really hoping that Kamal will get the WCHA defensive player of the week! He stopped 62 shots for two wins. Motte for Ferris St had 69 saves in two games, but they didn't sweep - which should give Kamal the edge, in my mind anyway.
        Last edited by Suze; 01-13-2014, 01:22 AM.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAHStatman & gfmorris are the only Charger fans that I've seen consistently post to threads.
          Unless they show up here it appears only Seawolf fans will be on this thread.
          Or maybe vizaroo pops in.
          Or some _AF schmuck (excepting a few) trolls over.
          If we want to party like it's 92 then one of our guys has to score a hatty like Bakula did in 92.
          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-13-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            I'm really hoping that Kamal will get the WCHA defensive player of the week! He stopped 62 shots for two wins. Motte for Ferris St had 69 saves in two games, but they didn't sweep - which should give Kamal the edge, in my mind anyway.
            Your reasoning is spot on.
            Kamal the Wall deserves it whether he gets it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I know it's an old cliché, but the Chargers are better than their record. They did beat Bowling Green, on the road no less. And they gave the Badgers all they could handle in their Saturday night game. I firmly believe they will beat another team this season, and I hope it's not mine.

Actually ferris did sweep. Maybe it will be a co defensive ptw
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Like hell I am! That's the year I was born!!
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

UAHStatman & gfmorris are the only Charger fans that I've seen consistently post to threads.
                  Unless they show up here it appears only Seawolf fans will be on this thread.
                  Or maybe vizaroo pops in.
                  If we want to party like it's 92 then one of our guys has to score a hatty like Bakula did in 92.
                  Hiya, friends!!!

Yes...this will just the fourth time the Seawolves have come to Huntsville (as in two-game sets). UAA is 4-2 all-time at the VBC. The last time was indeed November 6 and 7, 1992, when the Chargers won 8-4 and the Seawolves won 6-4.

Of course, that was long ago, and when you're team is 1-23, you just hope we play well, maybe get a break or two, and..............sigh.

Let's have a good series. It's Military Appreciation Weekend, so the Chargers will be wearing black-and-camo jerseys in both games (that will be available for auction). Personally, I don't like it when we wear black (our fight song goes "We are the Chargers who wear blue and white"), and I don't care for camo sports uniforms (unless its Army), so I'm not thrilled with the design at all. But I hope they sell well.

I wonder if y'all will be wearing your gold uniforms...the contrast would be crazy.

Go Chargers!
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                  U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                  NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                  CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                  CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                    Hiya, friends!!!

Yes...this will just the fourth time the Seawolves have come to Huntsville (as in two-game sets). UAA is 4-2 all-time at the VBC. The last time was indeed November 6 and 7, 1992, when the Chargers won 8-4 and the Seawolves won 6-4.
                    Research win!

Of course, that was long ago, and when you're team is 1-23, you just hope we play well, maybe get a break or two, and..............sigh.
                    Unfortunately, we've been there. It's no fun. But it does make for great bar stories later on... So you got that going for you, which is nice.

Let's have a good series. It's Military Appreciation Weekend, so the Chargers will be wearing black-and-camo jerseys in both games (that will be available for auction). Personally, I don't like it when we wear black (our fight song goes "We are the Chargers who wear blue and white"), and I don't care for camo sports uniforms (unless its Army), so I'm not thrilled with the design at all. But I hope they sell well.

I wonder if y'all will be wearing your gold uniforms...the contrast would be crazy.

Go Chargers!
                    I don't know if we are, I'd imagine even in our normal green roadies it'll be quite contrasting. Although when Bemidji wore camo against us we wore the golds (to the utter perplexion of the announcers).
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      Darn kids.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Research win!

Unfortunately, we've been there. It's no fun. But it does make for great bar stories later on... So you got that going for you, which is nice.

I don't know if we are, I'd imagine even in our normal green roadies it'll be quite contrasting. Although when Bemidji wore camo against us we wore the golds (to the utter perplexion of the announcers).
                        I remember watching that. Personally, I liked the golds. But man, everything looks weird next to a camo jersey. Maybe that's one of the reasons I just can't get into them.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Well hopefully we'll celebrate 4 points and a birth year.
                          And a '92 birthday makes you just old enough to celebrate with a beverage of your choice.
                          I'd be more than happy to trade you birth years and I'd toss in bookoo bucks.
                          It's a New Day and a Great Day to Be A Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                            Actually ferris did sweep. Maybe it will be a co defensive ptw
                            Oops, my bad. I was thinking the won and tied. Oh well ... still hope Chris gets the honor!
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Hey, I worked hard to get _airbanks referred to as UA_. Get it right! It's the Fairbanks they tried to distance themselves from!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X