This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-14 (Part II): Crash before the Phoenix

Wow this team is just really bad. Not sure how they got a W on Friday night, but there is just nothing there. Just before Duane's goal, I was struggling to recall a legitimate offensive opportunity other than O'Regan's goal, IN THE ENTIRE GAME. Oksanen epitomizes what is going on. Nobody knows what to do with the puck when there is any sort of pressure. Simple pushes up the ice by the defensemen when they come out from behind the net are rolling too far in front of them for turnovers. Oksanen's cough up for the SHG…..puck rolls off his stick, so he tries to bank it off the boards, but doesn't get the angle right so it is intercepted, then he never looks up to see that another Catamount is streaking down center ice until the pass has gone past him. Maguire didn't do too well either.

One bright spot, Moccia gets his first appearance and makes a save.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Wow this team is just really bad. Not sure how they got a W on Friday night, but there is just nothing there. Just before Duane's goal, I was struggling to recall a legitimate offensive opportunity other than O'Regan's goal, IN THE ENTIRE GAME. Oksanen epitomizes what is going on. Nobody knows what to do with the puck when there is any sort of pressure. Simple pushes up the ice by the defensemen when they come out from behind the net are rolling too far in front of them for turnovers. Oksanen's cough up for the SHG…..puck rolls off his stick, so he tries to bank it off the boards, but doesn't get the angle right so it is intercepted, then he never looks up to see that another Catamount is streaking down center ice until the pass has gone past him. Maguire didn't do too well either.

One bright spot, Moccia gets his first appearance and makes a save.
      The part that is unacceptable is that these are not close games these are total mismatches in every aspect of the game . Friday night they were badly outshot and VT was the better team. Say what you want about injuries and departures (which every team has) these are D1 recruits which were recruited and offered a $200 k scholarship to play here . Coaches and players need to be accountable for this embarrassment no excuses . Somerby needs to payback the school and whoever recruited him dismissed he couldn't play at any collegiate level

Comment

Time to get some things off my chest

- There is zero culture to compete on this team. Zero. And the captains share a great deal of responsibility for this. #13 couldn't have looked more disinterested in playing a hockey game yesterday afternoon.
        - They don't appear to have any offensive game plan or scheme. Zero.
        - The goaltending is spotty at best.
        - Bench Energy: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being "**** 'em! This is Your Time" and 1 being "Rod Rust" They are at -1 right now.
        - Danny O'Regan is a good hockey player. He deserves better.
        - The not so flying Fin needs a hockey head-shrink. He's a mess.
        - The National Anthem is not an American Idol audition. It has a tempo.
        - Whoever is in charge of the Agganis message board should be fired. Last night's gems? Showing highlights from the 1995 National Championship game and posting the final score as 8-3. Posting: "See you next week against UMass Lowell."
        - The stick salute at the end of a ****-poor performance is embarrassing for everyone. Just stop it.

Fact, not Opinion.

BU Hockey: Fix It
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

The natives are getting restless.

Comment

and here mookie thought bomber would be happy since he got to see the blackhawks play the blackhawks in mini-game between periods
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              - The stick salute at the end of a ****-poor performance is embarrassing for everyone. Just stop it.
              i thought that was a special 'thank you' from the boys to the 472 people who made it to the final buzzer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                - Bench Energy: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being "**** 'em! This is Your Time" and 1 being "Rod Rust" They are at -1 right now.
                you sit behind them, but DQ is a "tar baby sit and don't say nothin'" level of animation guy on the bench behind them. and when he does talk he pulls up the papers he is holding in his hand and covers his mouth as though bellicheat has a videorecorder trained upon him

i'd swear he is just leaning back thinking, "i wonder if wannamoisett will be open by mid-march...."

Comment

for those of you who have seen/read what happened last night between rpi and union...

i can remember seeing footage of melees between michigan and michigan state, handshake battles between minnesota and north dakota.

the chippiest i can remember bc-bu getting was at the end of that NCAA tourney game in worcester a few years back. and even that debacle doesn't compare to some of the stuff i've seen in these other rivalries. curious if any old timers can recall a bench clearing brawl, a scuffle in the handshake or coaches going at it, etc. i can't but i'm only 29.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    for those of you who have seen/read what happened last night between rpi and union...

i can remember seeing footage of melees between michigan and michigan state, handshake battles between minnesota and north dakota.

the chippiest i can remember bc-bu getting was at the end of that NCAA tourney game in worcester a few years back. and even that debacle doesn't compare to some of the stuff i've seen in these other rivalries. curious if any old timers can recall a bench clearing brawl, a scuffle in the handshake or coaches going at it, etc. i can't but i'm only 29.
                    i was sitting at a table after golf with a bunch of 70s old timers and they were telling stories of a fight with bc one time, but it had to do with a bu guy 'dating' a sister of one of the bc guys. (none of them were going out with the sister, but just teammates) ((and no carmine, this was not globe material so don't go calling your girlfriend mary!))

Comment

The one I remember bad recently was UND and Minnesota fighting during the handshake a few years back. That was all on video somewhere
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        i was sitting at a table after golf with a bunch of 70s old timers and they were telling stories of a fight with bc one time, but it had to do with a bu guy 'dating' a sister of one of the bc guys. (none of them were going out with the sister, but just teammates) ((and no carmine, this was not globe material so don't go calling your girlfriend mary!))
                        Hey she called me!
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Hey she called me!
                          can't fault the girl!! you are a handsome man.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

UMinn - BU 1976 FF SF. All out brawl about 30 seconds into the game. Required about 20 minutes to restore order.

1990 NCAA QF's at MSU, first game of best of three. Parker confronted referee at center ice after game; ref couldn't get away from him. Seem to remember clip on YouTube.

NoDak and Bucky had a venomous rivalry back in early '80's. Wasn't there a brawl that required on-ice involvement of Madison police?

Former BC coach Mike Milbury went into stands at MSG, while with Bruins, and beat a guy over the head with his own shoe.

1989 NCAA QF's at Harvard. Harvard defeated Lake St. As the clock ran down the second night, I recall that a few Lakers gooned it up on Harvard.
                            Last edited by buoldtimer; 01-26-2014, 05:41 PM.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I recall hearing of a brawl, in the Beanpot, back in the 1970's, between BU and Harvard. It happened during warm-ups. Apparently, one guy from each team was dating the same gal.

Comment

Merrimack and BU brawled in the 90s at the end of the second period -- as the horn blew… some old timers might remember this.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X