X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-14 (Part II): Crash before the Phoenix

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    I'm wiling to guess the Blues had some influence here too after watching a 2d round draft pick struggle for a year plus.
    Or perhaps the Blues have basically given up on him and don't care? Why let him sit through a 2-3 week long break, come back for a couple of scrub games and a gimmick game instead of getting him out in mid-late December into the USHL or Q. Perhaps he's going to the USHL and trying the Vinny Saponari route and will enroll at another NCAA school next spring.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I hope the kid lands on his feet wherever he goes. In any even I now officially have more tickets to BU hockey games left in my desk drawer than BU has players on the roster. This thing is going to take a bit of time to turn around
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Yea I don't think an NHL team is going to just give up on a 2nd rd pick from a year and a half ago.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Heading to the Indy Ice. I saw him take penalty Saturday, early in the game and then that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Kurker was expected to be a good player, but coming straight out of high school, I don't think the expectation was that he would be a dominant player in the first year or even two. Make no mistake, he hasn't lived up to even the most conservative expectations. But with Eichel, we are talking about a whole different level, if you ask me. Here is a guy who just played against the top players in the world under 20, and as a "just turned 17-year old", he was among the top 2-3 forward on the US team. In the 25+ years that I have been watching BU Hockey, my hope is that the only player that I will feel had the same level of pure skill as a freshman as Eichel is Tony Amonte. But as always, it's all expectations until he hits the ice.

I never thought Lane was supposed to be any better than what we have seen, perhaps it is just me. He wasn't a high scorer in Ann Arbor (at least I don't think), so I didn't expect him to be here. I viewed him as a Luke Popko with more offensive potential (smart player you can have putt here in all situations, will hustle like there is no tomorrow). He is a perfect third line player in my book. Like the Bavii, but with more speed.
            I saw Eichel on Saturday in Marlboro against a USPHL team. He was very uninterested in the game and didn't work hard at all. Actually, the entire US under 18 team played like they didn't want to be there. Eichel is an ELITE skater and did score a wraparound goal.

I know Eichel played much better in the U-20's so I don't take much out of it but he just was off...
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              The BC kid scooped them again. Ha!
              False

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                False
                If anything, BCHockeyBlog kid is connected. I believe he's the son of an ex-BC player from the 80s and his godfather is also an ex-college player from same era who works in the biz.

Comment

Has there been an official release about Kurker leaving?
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Yea I don't think an NHL team is going to just give up on a 2nd rd pick from a year and a half ago.
                    Ah.... "Former employee #6" ring any bells??
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      False
                      Oh, well that settles it!
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        False
                        so the BU related blog flat out states that the BC kid beat them to the story and you still want to call it false? You really are a d-head.

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                        If anything, BCHockeyBlog kid is connected. I believe he's the son of an ex-BC player from the 80s and his godfather is also an ex-college player from same era who works in the biz.
                        Isn't that how it works though? It's all about connections and who you know...

Comment

[QUOTE=J.D.;5855453]so the BU related blog flat out states that the BC kid beat them to the story and you still want to call it false? You really are a d-head.

I posted it here well before he did.

Comment

so hoky, was he really sick most of november or was this foregone conclusion back then.. just wondering.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

so if i have this right, you posted that kurker has left BU even though since the last time you may have posted that, kurker PLAYED a game for BU. since he actually left, i can't recall seeing any post from you saying that he left. what an attention whore you are. finally, nobody even said the BC kid scooped you (even though he did)...they said he scooped the BU people.

Comment

Originally posted by coachhockeybob View Post
                                Heading to the Indy Ice. I saw him take penalty Saturday, early in the game and then that was it.
                                After the Dartmouth game last week, I commented to someone who sits near me at the games that Kurker hadn't made any progress while at BU. He responded "He hardly ever touches the puck".
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X