PDA

View Full Version : SCSU @ DU: Too cold to fly, let's take the dogsled

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

The Exiled One
01-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Sorry for the crappy title. I figured somebody funnier than me would have started the game thread by now.

Tipsy McStagger
01-07-2014, 01:33 PM
I like the title. Judging by the Pios tough time against Brown, I am predicting a Huskies sweep. 4-1, 4-2.

Husky13
01-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Keep the road win streak going. Why not?

vizoroo
01-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Sorry for the crappy title. I figured somebody funnier than me would have started the game thread by now.
Too bad the Huskies couldn't leave that big 0F today for denver is currently 50F.
Don't worry , the Pios will try to put a chill on the huskies so they will feel at home.:D

First Time, Long Time
01-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Last six series in Denver have been splits between these two.
I see no reason why that will change.

SCSU Euro
01-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Can't stay perfect on the road forever, and this is the best opponent we'll have seen outside of the Herb, but it'd be nice to win the series with a win and a tie.

Tipsy McStagger
01-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Last six series in Denver have been splits between these two.
I see no reason why that will change.
Not sure why games played 5,6 years ago would be a good indicator of what will happen now. There are zero players on the team from that series. SCSU is one of the top teams in the country, which hasn't been the case in any of the previous matchups. Denver looks like a mediocre team this season, which is also atypical.

So those are some reasons I believe that will change.

scsutommyboy
01-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Not sure why games played 5,6 years ago would be a good indicator of what will happen now. There are zero players on the team from that series. SCSU is one of the top teams in the country, which hasn't been the case in any of the previous matchups. Denver looks like a mediocre team this season, which is also atypical.

And Denver has a new coach. I guess the old one didn't win enough....:confused:

First Time, Long Time
01-08-2014, 12:50 PM

That's exactly my point though.
The players have completely turned over, the results didn't change.
Could it?
Sure, anything could happen.
But if I were forced to pick what I think is the most likely result this weekend, it's a split.

The Exiled One
01-08-2014, 02:45 PM
That's exactly my point though.
The players have completely turned over, the results didn't change.
Could it?
Sure, anything could happen.
But if I were forced to pick what I think is the most likely result this weekend, it's a split.
Pfft... a split is the safe pick. I'm going to go out on a limb and boldly predict a...

split as well.

BUT I SWEAR IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SERIES HISTORY!!

du78
01-08-2014, 04:15 PM
DU Game Notes for this weekend

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2607232.pdf?ATCLID=209362653&SPSID=90195&SPID=10862&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=18600

DU has Will Butcher and Quentin Shore back from the WJC for this weekend. I assume Sam Brittain will play both games in goal this weekend. This is a huge weekend for DU in terms of PWR. They need to get at least one win if they want to think about the national tourney without having to win the NCHC playoffs and get the autobid. The Pioneers have only been defeated once since Nov. 8 - as Denver has posted an overall mark of 7-1-4 over its last 12 games and has outscored its opponents 31-22 over that span. The only blemish over the stretch was a 4-2 loss at Miami on Dec. 7.

The Exiled One
01-08-2014, 04:36 PM

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2607232.pdf?ATCLID=209362653&SPSID=90195&SPID=10862&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=18600

DU has Will Butcher and Quentin Shore back from the WJC for this weekend. I assume Sam Brittain will play both games in goal this weekend. This is a huge weekend for DU in terms of PWR. They need to get at least one win if they want to think about the national tourney without having to win the NCHC playoffs and get the autobid. The Pioneers have only been defeated once since Nov. 8 - as Denver has posted an overall mark of 7-1-4 over its last 12 games and has outscored its opponents 31-22 over that span. The only blemish over the stretch was a 4-2 loss at Miami on Dec. 7.
The Huskies are 8-2-2 over their last 12, which works out to be the same winning percentage. They outscored their opponents 43-23 over that span. Their blemishes came against Miami and #4 Union. They are also 8-0-0 on the road this season, but those were all in well-lit arenas. It should be a good match-up.

HumRsky
01-09-2014, 07:07 AM

Hmm, Denver WON 3-3 vs Brown last time out? Interesting.

Lady wore Black
01-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Pot is legal in Colorado. There better be some good pot. Maybe the game will be slowed down this weekend. :D

Tipsy McStagger
01-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Pot is legal in Colorado. There better be some good pot. Maybe the game will be slowed down this weekend. :D

I heard they only legalized ditch weed and shwag.

RogerWF
01-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Hmm, Denver WON 3-3 vs Brown last time out? Interesting.

No, it was a 1-1 tie (see schedule/results). Several goals were disallowed after the game was over. :confused: :)

Lady wore Black
01-09-2014, 12:53 PM
I heard they only legalized ditch weed and shwag.

That's no fun! :(

scsutommyboy
01-09-2014, 01:03 PM
That's no fun! :(

I heard the DU players have gained on average 10 pounds from having the munchies all the time.....:D

willythekid
01-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I heard the DU players have gained on average 10 pounds from having the munchies all the time.....:D

I'm sure that will change this weekend, no one is going to get any food with the st cloud cheerleaders around...

Tipsy McStagger
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm sure that will change this weekend, no one is going to get any food with the st cloud cheerleaders around...
I am not sure the cheerleaders travel with the team. Were they at the Ralph when we swept you earlier this year?