SCSU @ DU: Too cold to fly, let's take the dogsled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ DU: Too cold to fly, let's take the dogsled

Sorry for the crappy title. I figured somebody funnier than me would have started the game thread by now.
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Re: SCSU @ DU: Too cold to fly, let's take the dogsled

I like the title. Judging by the Pios tough time against Brown, I am predicting a Huskies sweep. 4-1, 4-2.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Keep the road win streak going. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
        Sorry for the crappy title. I figured somebody funnier than me would have started the game thread by now.
        Too bad the Huskies couldn't leave that big 0F today for denver is currently 50F.
        Don't worry , the Pios will try to put a chill on the huskies so they will feel at home.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Last six series in Denver have been splits between these two.
          I see no reason why that will change.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Can't stay perfect on the road forever, and this is the best opponent we'll have seen outside of the Herb, but it'd be nice to win the series with a win and a tie.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Last six series in Denver have been splits between these two.
              I see no reason why that will change.
              Not sure why games played 5,6 years ago would be a good indicator of what will happen now. There are zero players on the team from that series. SCSU is one of the top teams in the country, which hasn't been the case in any of the previous matchups. Denver looks like a mediocre team this season, which is also atypical.

So those are some reasons I believe that will change.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Not sure why games played 5,6 years ago would be a good indicator of what will happen now. There are zero players on the team from that series. SCSU is one of the top teams in the country, which hasn't been the case in any of the previous matchups. Denver looks like a mediocre team this season, which is also atypical.

And Denver has a new coach. I guess the old one didn't win enough....
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post

That's exactly my point though.
                  The players have completely turned over, the results didn't change.
                  Could it?
                  Sure, anything could happen.
                  But if I were forced to pick what I think is the most likely result this weekend, it's a split.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    That's exactly my point though.
                    The players have completely turned over, the results didn't change.
                    Could it?
                    Sure, anything could happen.
                    But if I were forced to pick what I think is the most likely result this weekend, it's a split.
                    Pfft... a split is the safe pick. I'm going to go out on a limb and boldly predict a...

split as well.

BUT I SWEAR IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SERIES HISTORY!!
                    scsuhockey.com

Comment

DU Game Notes for this weekend

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2...B_OEM_ID=18600

DU has Will Butcher and Quentin Shore back from the WJC for this weekend. I assume Sam Brittain will play both games in goal this weekend. This is a huge weekend for DU in terms of PWR. They need to get at least one win if they want to think about the national tourney without having to win the NCHC playoffs and get the autobid. The Pioneers have only been defeated once since Nov. 8 - as Denver has posted an overall mark of 7-1-4 over its last 12 games and has outscored its opponents 31-22 over that span. The only blemish over the stretch was a 4-2 loss at Miami on Dec. 7.
                      Last edited by du78; 01-08-2014, 04:23 PM.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post

DU has Will Butcher and Quentin Shore back from the WJC for this weekend. I assume Sam Brittain will play both games in goal this weekend. This is a huge weekend for DU in terms of PWR. They need to get at least one win if they want to think about the national tourney without having to win the NCHC playoffs and get the autobid. The Pioneers have only been defeated once since Nov. 8 - as Denver has posted an overall mark of 7-1-4 over its last 12 games and has outscored its opponents 31-22 over that span. The only blemish over the stretch was a 4-2 loss at Miami on Dec. 7.
                        The Huskies are 8-2-2 over their last 12, which works out to be the same winning percentage. They outscored their opponents 43-23 over that span. Their blemishes came against Miami and #4 Union. They are also 8-0-0 on the road this season, but those were all in well-lit arenas. It should be a good match-up.
                        scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post

Hmm, Denver WON 3-3 vs Brown last time out? Interesting.
                          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Pot is legal in Colorado. There better be some good pot. Maybe the game will be slowed down this weekend.
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                              Pot is legal in Colorado. There better be some good pot. Maybe the game will be slowed down this weekend.
                              I heard they only legalized ditch weed and shwag.

Comment

Working...
                              X