Ohio State vs Penn State 1/3 - 1/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Penn State 1/3 - 1/4

The Buckeyes get back to action this weekend as they host Penn State in a non-league series. The Buckeyes got off to a decent start this season with big road wins over Mercyhurst and North Dakota, then stumbled down the stretch of the first half of the season. They did have a nice road trip to New Hampshire where they picked up a sweep before returning home and being swept by #1 Minnesota. If I read correctly, Penn State will come to Columbus with a record of 3-14-2. Ohio State will enter this weekend's games with a record of 5-11-2, 2-10-2 in the WCHA. Should be an interesting series. Penn State fans, feel free to tell us about your team and safe travels to those making the trip to Columbus this weekend.

Re: Ohio State vs Penn State 1/3 - 1/4

Game one goes to the Buckeyes. I have not looked at the box score yet, but the Buckeyes dominated this one from start to finish, winning by a final score of 8-0. Lisa Steffes got the shutout in goal. Checking the box score now, goals were scored by Sara Schmitt, Kari Schmitt, Katie Matheny, Claudia Kepler (2), Danielle Gagner, Taylor Kuehl, and Kendall Curtis. I suspect tomorrow's game will be closer. Good luck to both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Game one goes to the Buckeyes. I have not looked at the box score yet, but the Buckeyes dominated this one from start to finish, winning by a final score of 8-0. Lisa Steffes got the shutout in goal. Checking the box score now, goals were scored by Sara Schmitt, Kari Schmitt, Katie Matheny, Claudia Kepler (2), Danielle Gagner, Taylor Kuehl, and Kendall Curtis. I suspect tomorrow's game will be closer. Good luck to both teams.
      Schmitt, Schmitt, and Kuehl each added 2 assists to go with their respective goals. Not too shabby at all.

Personally, though, I'm glad they're getting it out of their system this week and not saving it for next weekend.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

The first Three Stars list for 2014 is now up on the WCHA thread. Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

And the Three Stars for Saturday's game are up as well.

Comment

Thanks Pgb! Gonna go over there and read it. Buckeyes complete the sweep this weekend with a 4-0 win today. I enjoyed skating with the team afterward! I made it a number of laps without falling, so it was a success.

Comment

Working...
            X