Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    anyone else think it's lame that this new north star cup is decided by a 5 minute OT/shootout if regulation ends in a tie? let's hope the beanpot never goes down that road. these types of tournaments should be decided with 20 minute sudden death periods.
    Be careful about putting down the North Star Cup, you might get all the ****y Minnesota fans over here.

But yes, shootouts are a lame way to decide a trophy that is supposed to be important.

That said, that was some awesome hockey to watch. It's clear that in year one the teams participating in the tournament already really care about it right away, which is great. All of the games were enjoyable and competitive, too.
    Last edited by joegrav; 01-27-2014, 08:21 AM.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post

My good fortune to be in downtown San Francisco for THAT, as I am each first Monday of February. Happily, Lefty O'Douls on Geary Street is always happy to flip to NESN for me on one of their TVs.
      truth be told, i'd rather watch on TV and be there than at the Garden in person.............San Francisco, sigh........

Comment

Here's Hokiedope's latest neg rep to me. My wife died 3 years ago.

"engaged already? real class act you are scumbag"
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

He judge's many. Someday he will be judged.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

theprofromdover replied to a thread BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs in Men's Division I
            Here's Hokiedope's latest neg rep to me. My wife died 3 years ago. "engaged already? real class act you are scumbag"

Today, 09:08 AM
            theprofromdover replied to a thread Boston College vs. Providence 1/31/2014 in Men's Division I
            Here's Hokiedope's neg rep response to my opening post in this thread. "engaged already? real class act you are scumbag" My wife died 3 years...

Today, 09:06 AM
            theprofromdover replied to a thread 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? in Men's Division I
            Here's Hokiedope's neg rep to me. My wife died 3 years ago. "engaged already? real class act you are scumbag" He also went after her when she...

Curious as to why you feel the need to share this with everyone... 3 times in different threads... even in a Union thread?
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              theprofromdover replied to a thread BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs in Men's Division I
              Here's Hokiedope's latest neg rep to me. My wife died 3 years ago. "engaged already? real class act you are scumbag"

Today, 09:08 AM
              theprofromdover replied to a thread Boston College vs. Providence 1/31/2014 in Men's Division I
              Here's Hokiedope's neg rep response to my opening post in this thread. "engaged already? real class act you are scumbag" My wife died 3 years...

Today, 09:06 AM
              theprofromdover replied to a thread 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? in Men's Division I
              Here's Hokiedope's neg rep to me. My wife died 3 years ago. "engaged already? real class act you are scumbag" He also went after her when she...

Curious as to why you feel the need to share this with everyone... 3 times in different threads... even in a Union thread?
              So you're the internet police! Dope. ©
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

So you're the internet police! Dope. ©
                Buuuuuuuurrrrrnnnnn !!!
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Buuuuuuuurrrrrnnnnn !!!
                  good job! especially after you put an end to the elephant walk epidemic up there

remember - real men shake HANDS!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Demko to start Monday night

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      good job! especially after you put an end to the elephant walk epidemic up there

remember - real men shake HANDS!
                      LOL! And don't forget the hemp!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        Demko to start Monday night
                        I approve of this. Is Billet getting the Friday game at PC?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          I approve of this. Is Billet getting the Friday game at PC?
                          Didn't read the exact quote but from reading some of the 140 character comments on the twitter machine, it sounds like Demko has won the job.

According to @JeffCoxSBNation: "York said we went with a straight rotation but now we're going with the hot goalie".

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Didn't read the exact quote but from reading some of the 140 character comments on the twitter machine, it sounds like Demko has won the job.

According to @JeffCoxSBNation: "York said we went with a straight rotation but now we're going with the hot goalie".

it sounds to me like York had Demko chosen all along. The hot goalie thing didn't seem to matter when Demko was a sieve against Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainehockeyman View Post
                              it sounds to me like York had Demko chosen all along. The hot goalie thing didn't seem to matter when Demko was a sieve against Brown.
                              Keep drinking the moonshine you've been downing tonight Mainehockeyman. Demko stood on his head while Brown was bending BC over in the first period. That game would have been decided after 20 minutes if not for him. He gave up a bad goal in the 3rd, only to be trumped by Billet's even more terrible goal from the bottom of the faceoff circle near the goal line against BU which turned a beatdown over BU into a nailbiter.

Billet exceeded my expectations this year but Demko, even though he's just turned 18 I think, looks like the better goalie and he is rounding into form.

That's unfortunate for Billet, but there's no crying in hockey.
                              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 01-28-2014, 08:35 PM.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Oh no! Another screw job?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X