Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Anyone here still think Johnny, Arnold and Hayes should be broken up?
    Since the Super Line was put together on 12/6, the team is 8-0-1, with 46 goals for, 19 against. Yup, that's 5.11 goals/game. Pretty incredible numbers.

Also, nationally...
    #1 JG with 47 pts.
    #2 KH with 42 pts.
    #4 BA with 33 pts.

Scoring Leaders Link

Anyway, stats don't matter. Winning matters. Can't argue with the team's success since 12/6.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Interesting, I thought Demko was kind of meh yesterday. He started out pretty goddamn awful but did get much better as the game went on.
      Any chance the goals (and recap) from the Maine game get posted? Thanks.

Comment

fivehole, if lines 2-4 go completely ice cold at some point then yes i do. unless you think this team has the
        defense and goaltending where any scoring from lines 2-4 is just a bonus. right now, keep as is. you win. for now

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          fivehole, if lines 2-4 go completely ice cold at some point then yes i do. unless you think this team has the
          defense and goaltending where any scoring from lines 2-4 is just a bonus. right now, keep as is. you win. for now
          Fair enough, but I still disagree. I think other options are still available in lines 2-4.
          For instance, Brown centering Calnan and Gilmour could also be very productive.
          I like the lines as they stand right now. Everyone is contributing. Good stuff.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I think with time getting close to post season, you have the killer line and the other lines needed time to gel and produce better
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Anyone here still think Johnny, Arnold and Hayes should be broken up?
              Not me.

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
              Any chance the goals (and recap) from the Maine game get posted? Thanks.
              Yep -- just finishing it up. I got home after midnight and with 7 goals to GIF, I didn't feel like getting no sleep and feeling miserable all weekend so I just went to bed.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Here you go -- has GIFs of all 7 goals, plus Demko's 2 on 0 save, and YouTube highlights as well.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...thatcher-demko

Comment

Spoiler: BC is winning the national championship this year. They are getting better every game
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

The big story for me is simply that York finally came to his senses and moved Linell back to forward and Straight to the stands and Doherty back into Linell's spot. It just changed the entire complexion of the team and the results looked great. All of these changes had big impacts on this weekend's games. The defense lost its weakest link and replaced it with a good two-way defenseman. He played well this weekend. The forwards lost their slowest and weakest player and replaced him with a faster, more offensive player. Linell looked good this weekend.

To add in to that, we saw some of the other players that would seem replaceable on some nights really take it up a notch. Calnan and Gilmour have been good over the past two weeks. Brown is playing his best hockey of his career. Smith seemed to liven up, had some good hits and a goal this weekend (and a few penalties too many but at least one was a horrendous call on Friday night). Silk also is playing some of the best hockey of his career.

All of this plus a red hot top line resulted in a pair of beatdowns that truly could have been MUCH MUCH more severe if not for some good goaltending by Maguire and Ouellette and some cheapies allowed on the other end.

With this lineup submitted finally making sense to pretty much everyone finally, it's tough for me to find something to complain about. Although I will be honest I'm just completely underwhelmed with Matheson and would prefer to have McCoshen or Santini or even Savage on the ice unless there is a powerplay for BC.

ps - speaking of defense, #7 also had a nice weekend and Savage has stepped it up and been very solid.
                    Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 01-19-2014, 07:28 PM.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      Spoiler: BC is winning the national championship this year. They are getting better every game
                      Please, too early for that and don't put the hex on us )

I could never understand the move but maybe York was giving Straight the benefit of a doubt to prove himself. But it was at the expense of Doherty's playing time. Maybe he knew all along Doherty is good and Doherty took it for the team so that Straight was given every opportunity to succeed.

I'm sad there's only 3 home games left and it's only January. But I have gone to a number of road games the big one in Orono.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

i've said it a lot, i just don't think matheson has a high hockey IQ. great skill and can play physical but he does not play a smart game. he should stick around another year.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Here you go -- has GIFs of all 7 goals, plus Demko's 2 on 0 save, and YouTube highlights as well.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...thatcher-demko
                          thanks, you're awesome and we all appreciate what you do but for the life of me i can't figure out what the heck GIF actually stands for. Yes, I'm a dolt

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            thanks, you're awesome and we all appreciate what you do but for the life of me i can't figure out what the heck GIF actually stands for. Yes, I'm a dolt
                            Google is your friend... Graphics Interchange Format

Comment

ah, cool. thanks FiveHole let me know about tomorrow night

Comment

Yeah sterlippo it's basically just like calling something a PDF or a JPG -- it's the three letters at the end of the url that leads to the photo.

And thank you, thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X