X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
    if ya'll haven't seen it, the NY Times notices UAH. too much made of the travel, but all publicity is good publicity.

"From Alabama, Hockey’s Ultimate Travel Team"
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/27/sp...team.html?_r=2
    I didn't read the article, but UAH "the ultimate travel team"? Really? Hello... Alaska and UAA?

Comment

Originally posted by camilo View Post
      I didn't read the article, but UAH "the ultimate travel team"? Really? Hello... Alaska and UAA?
      Haven't we established at this point that no one really cares about them down here in the lower 48?

Or do we need a 100th Alaska travel conversation that devolves into a UAF hates UAA fight that then scrapes the bottom of the pony barrel?

The I'd don't even remember the flights being that long... but then again... beer.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        Haven't we established at this point that no one really cares about them down here in the lower 48?

Or do we need a 100th Alaska travel conversation that devolves into a UAF hates UAA fight that then scrapes the bottom of the pony barrel?

The I'd don't even remember the flights being that long... but then again... beer.
        Lower 48 or Outside as we refer to you from here.
        And you're right about the travel. It sucks no matter who's doing it. But it's a reality.
        And you got 5 points for your travel trouble. Not a bad trip from your perspective.
        When the Nooks hung a couple of 7s on ya someone should've cared.
        And the Nooks/Seawolf thing is a sports hate thing and you're right again. I should save it for the Nooks/Seawolf threads not a general thread thing. I can understand no one outside caring about that.
        We've got some pretty good micro brews up here but you cheese heads have an infinite choice. I'm envious.
        Bring a couple of growlers when you come and we'll provide the smoked salmon.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Lower 48 or Outside as we refer to you from here.
          And you're right about the travel. It sucks no matter who's doing it. But it's a reality.
          And you got 5 points for your travel trouble. Not a bad trip from your perspective.
          When the Nooks hung a couple of 7s on ya someone should've cared.
          And the Nooks/Seawolf thing is a sports hate thing and you're right again. I should save it for the Nooks/Seawolf threads not a general thread thing. I can understand no one outside caring about that.
          We've got some pretty good micro brews up here but you cheese heads have an infinite choice. I'm envious.
          Bring a couple of growlers when you come and we'll provide the smoked salmon.
          I've erased those post UAH, pre NMU games from my mind. Safer that way.

I'll take Alaska microbrews over the Wisconsin options any day. Alaska was fantastic for beer. FANTASTIC.

I do miss the one meal a day salmon diet though... That you can't get here for sure.

Back to hockey. This bye week thing sucks.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            I've erased those post UAH, pre NMU games from my mind. Safer that way.

I'll take Alaska microbrews over the Wisconsin options any day. Alaska was fantastic for beer. FANTASTIC.

I do miss the one meal a day salmon diet though... That you can't get here for sure.

Back to hockey. This bye week thing sucks.
            The four Anchorage brew pubs I visited plus the Silver Gulch at the airport were among the highlights! Pizza & brew at the Moose Tooth are a must!
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              The four Anchorage brew pubs I visited plus the Silver Gulch at the airport were among the highlights! Pizza & brew at the Moose Tooth are a must!
              The silver gulch at the airport from 9 pm until 2 am is what made the flight home quick I don't remember the name, but we bought a jug of Alaskan Fireweed vodka there for the one guy that doesn't drink beer for putting up with our beer-cation the rest of the week. That stuff is so smooth. One of the best vodka's I've ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post

Plenty of pony left in the barrel...
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post

We travel more than you, seawolves suck, and JJ already provided the ponies.

BAM

“We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    We travel more than you
                    That happens when you live at the end of a dirt road.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Look, we didn't make them take that angle.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        That happens when you live at the end of a dirt road.
                        Fun fact: Fairbanks is closer to Minneapolis or Detroit than Anchorage is. So...bam?
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Fun fact: Fairbanks is closer to Minneapolis or Detroit than Anchorage is. So...bam?
                          Yes but we have all the airplanes. Lord knows I see them every day...
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Yes but we have all the airplanes. Lord knows I see them every day...
                            Please move this argument to a UAA/UA_ thread (and I'll be happy to join you) cause it's been established that the most important argument in the world has no interest to anyone outside. Just sayin.............
                            And nobody died and appointed me god. If you want to continue the argument here feel free however I've been told (more than once????) that outsiders just don't care.
                            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-27-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              I've been told (more than once????) that outsiders just don't care.
                              amen. thank you.

on a rare BG note...Andrew Hammond made his NHL debut tonight in goal vs. the Wings. oh yeah.

Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Does anyone know how they have set up the tournament in the past in terms of when teams play? Does the highest remaining seed usually play in the later semi? do they figure it out after they know which teams will be there?
                                Ferris State University - 2012 Frozen Four

Comment

Working...
                                X