X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Look everyone...breaking news! The WCHA is cold!

Bemidji, MN -11
    Mankato, MN 1
    Sault Ste Marie, MI 9
    Houghton, MI 10
    Marquette, MI 10
    Fairbanks, AK 10
    Bowling Green, OH 19
    Big Rapids, MI 21
    Anchorage, AK 30
    Huntsville, AL 50

For an average temperature this hour of 14.9 degrees Fahrenheit. Anchorage and Huntsville are really dragging us up.

That is all...resume mud slinging.
    You know that the conversation has gone way off the deep end when the weather is considered elevating the discourse.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Indeed, Tech and Northern are now 3/4, and I'll have to look at the conference tiebreakers to see how that comes down. As I've noted before, I'll do that either in Week 22 or 23, probably 22 because I said that I would. Thanks, oldish husky.

Edit: post is updated: http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/02/02/krach-schedule-2/

GFM
      Just trying to get back to hockey talk.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog
        OMG. I strayed from some non-existent set of morays
        Why would you stray from eels?
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          I prefer to stray from mores. It's much more fun!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            Would you want to hang around an electric eel
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              Go schedule AHA teams and ECAC teams or Hockey East teams. .
              Go East sounds good to me. They need to fill the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                Go East sounds good to me. They need to fill the schedule.
                You will see some series with Eastern teams, although it will be fairly limited. Flights aren't cheap for either team.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  You will see some series with Eastern teams, although it will be fairly limited. Flights aren't cheap for either team.
                  Hockey East teams like Notre Dame would be great since the Big and NCHC teams don't want to play the Irish in NC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                    Hockey East teams like Notre Dame would be great since the Big and NCHC teams don't want to play the Irish in NC.
                    If you can stand the HE refs...

Comment

Indeed, Tech and Northern are now 3/4, and I'll have to look at the conference tiebreakers to see how that comes down. As I've noted before, I'll do that either in Week 22 or 23, probably 22 because I said that I would. Thanks, oldish husky.

Edit: post is updated: http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/02/02/krach-schedule-2/

GFM
                      We knew that Mel has magic, but somehow Tech finishes in both 4th and 6th places! Tech hockey: We take yer spots.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

As far as how scheduling goes, first, I am totally in favor of a bye after a trip north. Second, I don't care so much about the unbalanced schedule as long as the race is interesting, and I have to say this is the most interesting race in a long time. Third, it would be good if we could collectively figure out how to reduce travel costs.in.
                        Good points here.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          The late addition of UAH after the schedule was already done or nearly done.
                          Next season scheduling should be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Maybe it will change in the future with the conference change, but MSU has had an east coast team trade 1 for 1 for at least the last 6 years. Yale, UCONN, Providence, RPI.
                            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Geoff,
                              you might want to review your prognosis. You have Tech in there twice.
                              Who has the tie breaker between Alaska and Lssu. I have them tied for 8th at the end.
                              I had a couple of typos in the predictions table that I've fixed. The spreadsheet is definitely right.

As for tiebreakers, that's covered here: http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/01/14/krach-schedule-1/

The tiebreakers are: a) head-to-head points, but only if you’ve played four contests against each other, b) higher number of conference wins, c) comparison of winning percentages against all teams above them, team-by-team down through the table.
                              For my comparisons, I've sorted descending order on points first and then wins second. I'll handle tiebreakers closer in. It probably won't be for next week, because I've got exams next week and probably shouldn't blow three or four hours on best-finish/worst-finish and tiebreakers when I should be playing industrial engineering graduate student.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I had a couple of typos in the predictions table that I've fixed. The spreadsheet is definitely right.

As for tiebreakers, that's covered here: http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/01/14/krach-schedule-1/

For my comparisons, I've sorted descending order on points first and then wins second. I'll handle tiebreakers closer in. It probably won't be for next week, because I've got exams next week and probably shouldn't blow three or four hours on best-finish/worst-finish and tiebreakers when I should be playing industrial engineering graduate student.

GFM
                                Maybe I'm an idiot (OK, I am an idiot), but why do you have Ferris with a zero loss season when they've already got 3 losses? Seems to me that it would be improbable for them to finish 14 points ahead of MSU when they are only 2 points ahead with 8/10 games to go.
                                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X