PDA

View Full Version : General Question about US League Skill Levels

Pages : 1 [2]

Innova
12-17-2013, 05:32 PM
What besides that we don't agree on much of anything? :D

Everyone had NHL first! Seriously, the discussion is what I was looking for when I started this thread....not the exact order.

Bonin21
12-17-2013, 05:48 PM
The question was skill level…so size and strength get taken out of the equation. Please just take note of what the NTDP U18s just did to Michigan (#3 at the time) and what that truly means. The US u18s have lost several games to USHL teams already. In terms of skill, D1 is overrated….there are 60+ NCAA teams and only 16 USHL teams. What's harder to play? That said (yes, I know I'm not following directions):

1. NHL
2. AHL
3. ECHL
4. OHL
5. WHL
6. USHL
7. NCAA D1
8 QMJHL
5. NCAA D3
7. NAHL
8. MSHSL
My brain hurts

5mn_Major
12-17-2013, 08:21 PM
The question was skill level…so size and strength get taken out of the equation. Please just take note of what the NTDP U18s just did to Michigan (#3 at the time) and what that truly means. The US u18s have lost several games to USHL teams already. In terms of skill, D1 is overrated….there are 60+ NCAA teams and only 16 USHL teams. What's harder to play? That said (yes, I know I'm not following directions):

1. NHL
2. AHL
3. ECHL
4. OHL
5. WHL
6. USHL
7. NCAA D1
8 QMJHL
5. NCAA D3
7. NAHL
8. MSHSL

Ah thanks...bbdl.

There is little question that the OHL and WHL (Canadian Hockey Leagues) are a step above the USHL. But they just have younger players than the NCAA and players that have moved to those leagues from the NCAAs have done well. This is what I was referring to...NCAA D1 is 3.5 on the above list.

Sorry about the Canadian diversion...I know its not in the question. Its just an important distinction that fans should understand.

SanTropez
12-18-2013, 08:59 AM

1. NHL
2. AHL
3. ECHL
4. OHL
5. WHL
6. USHL
7. NCAA D1
8 QMJHL
5. NCAA D3
7. NAHL
8. MSHSL

No way is the USHL higher up than NCAA D1, you are just flat out wrong.