Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part II)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Exactly. BC is able to attract small players who make a difference. Ours have been a step behind that, as have been those for most schools. If he really is another Martin St. Louis that is certainly fine. In any case we will have a while to watch him. I hope he will develop. All I have seen from him is a few videos of TLSP games.
    And although St Louis skated with Perrin for what seemed like forever(also small) he did have a linemate at Vermont that was considerably larger. Size is almost never the only consideration-but given the choice, and other things like speed and skill fairly equal, I would still select the bigger boy most of the time. Granted there are a lot of intangibles to consider.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      And although St Louis skated with Perrin for what seemed like forever(also small) he did have a linemate at Vermont that was considerably larger. Size is almost never the only consideration-but given the choice, and other things like speed and skill fairly equal, I would still select the bigger boy most of the time. Granted there are a lot of intangibles to consider.
      I will take a St Louis and a Perrin.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        Size matter less and less each year. Sure we need a power forward or two but go look back at our best forwards (scoring wise) in the past. Very few of them are huge. I think the sweet spot is 5' 7" to 6' 0". But you need to be able to skate and you need speed. This is the reason to me that Laliberte is not the awesome player we thought he would be. He's not fast enough. Maybe he was when we recruited him and perhaps he has been hurt throughout his college career. Good vision, good hands... just a tad too slow to really kill it at the D1 level.

Huge isn't necessary, but a team full of 5'8" players won't work.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

TLSP article about Hayhurst committing to RPI http://lakeshorepatriots.pointstreak...ws/news_130813.

Toronto Patriots’ forward Jacob Hayhurst has committed to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute of the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (NCAA Division I) for 2016, the club announced Friday.

Hayhurst, 17, has 13 goals and 31 points through 47 games in this, his rookie campaign.

A native of Mississauga, he came directly to the Patriots from the Mississauga Rebels midgets, but has not looked out of place for a minute in junior hockey.

Hayhurst’s strong all-around play had earned him numerous offers from strong Division I programs.

“It’s really exciting,” Hayhurst said, “I chose RPI because I really felt that I had the greatest connection to the coaching staff while I was there visiting and from the second I walked in, I felt like it was the place I should be.”

Jacob joins fellow Patriot Michael Prapavessis on the Engineers’ recruit list.

“Yeah Praps was on me from the second RPI made the offer,” Hayhurst said jokingly.

“Everyday I showed up he put pressure on me, wanting to know where I was going to go, so when I made the decision was really excited. Praps is a really good player so when one of the better players in the league wants you to come with them, it definitely is flattering.”

RPI is located in Troy, N.Y.

Please check out Jamie Neugebauer’s profile piece on Jacob from earlier this month: http://lakeshorepatriots.pointstreak...ws/news_122775
          It's good to see that Prapavessis was a part of the recruiting process. That would seemingly lessen the possibility of his going to Major Junior.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Huge isn't necessary, but a team full of 5'8" players won't work.
            That wasn't my point though. It's OK for all of your skill guys to be small to average size. You aren't going to have 12 skill forwards on a team. Use the grinder and power forward kind of positions for size.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              That wasn't my point though. It's OK for all of your skill guys to be small to average size. You aren't going to have 12 skill forwards on a team. Use the grinder and power forward kind of positions for size.
              Several of current grinders are fairly small.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Sudbury Nickel Barons lost to the Abitibi Eskimos 4-2. Bradley Bell had no points or penalties. http://www.nojhl.com/game/game_sheet/5425852

Bell's line is now 34-10-9-19-16.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Fargo Force lost to the Sioux City Musketeers 4-0. Meirs Moore had had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2235469

Moore's Fargo line is now 21-2-1-3-24.
                  His total is 32-2-1-3-28.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders defeated the Waterloo Black Hawks 3-2. Carlos Fornaris scored two goals including the game winner. (He hasn't had a one-goal game yet this season.) Homer scorekeepers didn't give him a Star. Drew Melanson had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2235472

Fornaris' line is now 30-4-5-9-23.
                    Melanson's Waterloo line is now 38-13-20-33-12.
                    His total is 40-13-20-33-12.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-14-2014, 09:31 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders lost to the Waterloo Black Hawks 2-2. Carlos Fornaris scored two goals including the game winner.
                      Holy multiple contradictions.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

On Friday, the Sioux Falls Stampede lost to the Des Moines Buccaneers 3-2 (3-2) in a shootout. Louis Nanne had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2235470

Nanne's line is now 21-1-2-3-8.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Thanks
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I will post the late games in the AM.

Alec Dillon is the goalie for Victoria http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...1544&link=bchl.
                            Austin (Manley) @ Fairbanks http://nahl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=2250931.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              hahahahahahahahh......I just got this.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Alec Dillon started but was pulled 3:51 into the 2nd period after giving up 4 goals on 21 shots....Victoria eventually won 8-5 but Dillon didn't get the win.... http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...1544&link=bchl
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X