PDA

View Full Version : NMU @ UND: MTU Has Told Us So Much About You!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

RaceBoarder
12-09-2013, 06:15 PM
First time in a long time that NMU will face off with North Dakota... I believe this will be the first time NMU will be playing in The Ralph as well...

Kinda bummed I can't make this trip :(

Dirty
12-09-2013, 06:55 PM
The last time I saw NMU play, they had nine shots of goal in a game and Jordan Foote turtled like the little weenie he is to some talentless Wildcat player. Worst game I've ever seen. If NMU does that again, they'll ruin Christmas.

UND Sweep.

PS - Your arena sucks

RaceBoarder
12-09-2013, 07:17 PM
The last time I saw NMU play, they had nine shots of goal in a game and Jordan Foote turtled like the little weenie he is to some talentless Wildcat player. Worst game I've ever seen. If NMU does that again, they'll ruin Christmas.

UND Sweep.

PS - Your arena sucks

I guess that explains why UND won't be making a return trip next year :p

RaceBoarder
12-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Shane Doan out indefinitely with a knee injury...

NMU has the injury bug full bore this season it seems :(

MissThundercat
12-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Shane Doan out indefinitely with a knee injury...

NMU has the injury bug full bore this season it seems :(

If we get a point this weekend, I'll be happy.

RaceBoarder
12-11-2013, 07:46 PM
If we get a point this weekend, I'll be happy.

Yea, it's been a rough couple of weeks here... Just take things one step at a time and start with baby steps...

davyd83
12-12-2013, 04:58 PM

UND Sweep.

PS - Your arena sucks

You kindness and warmth toward opposing fans is amazing. I hope there are another 11,000 Dirtys at the rink.

Dirty
12-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I hope so too. 11,001 of me would be pretty sweet.

burd
12-12-2013, 07:36 PM
You kindness and warmth toward opposing fans is amazing. I hope there are another 11,000 Dirtys at the rink.

There won't be, but there might be 11,000 Dirty wannabes. We're all afflicted.

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-12-2013, 08:35 PM

Oh please, Dirtbag talks a big game, but he's a wimp. :p ;)

Not that his statement was inaccurate, of course. That game was absolutely the worst college hockey game of the last decade. I'm assuming that you and I were both in MQT that night, so we both know it. Worst of all, it should be considered a "victory" for NMU.

MissThundercat
12-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh please, Dirtbag talks a big game, but he's a wimp. :p ;)

Not that his statement was inaccurate, of course. That game was absolutely the worst college hockey game of the last decade. I'm assuming that you and I were both in MQT that night, so we both know it. Worst of all, it should be considered a "victory" for NMU.
All I remember from that night was Matt Siddall beating the crap out of Jordan Foote... and the EAT A SANDWICH chant that came my way.

noremorse1
12-13-2013, 11:01 PM
I didnt know visually impairing the goalie was a penalty. I thought that was called a screen. I watched the play over and over. Even UNDs announcers said it was a good goal. They went on and on about how bad of a call it was to disallow the goal. I cant say NMU would have tied it up, but I can say it killed the momentum. A total BS call. I have no respect for the NCHA refs after tonight.

noremorse1
12-13-2013, 11:08 PM
I didnt know visually impairing the goalie was a penalty. I thought that was called a screen. I watched the play over and over. Even UNDs announcers said it was a good goal. They went on and on about how bad of a call it was to disallow the goal. I cant say NMU would have tied it up, but I can say it killed the momentum. A total BS call. I have no respect for the NCHA refs after tonight.

NCHC I mean.

willythekid
12-13-2013, 11:14 PM

Here's one UND fan that agrees... for once, UND got a homer call. Color me shocked.

noremorse1
12-13-2013, 11:14 PM
The UND coach called that a good call in ths post game interview. BS. NMU wins tomorrow.

sfo19
12-13-2013, 11:17 PM

In the rulebook, it says you can't visually impair the goalie WHILE in the crease. Other goals you see with screens you can see the player is on the edge of the crease, which is why they count when reviewed for goalie interference. The replay clearly showed the NMU player in the crease. Which is why it was disallowed.

I believe the rule is on pg 74 of the rulebook if you want to look it up.

noremorse1
12-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Here's one UND fan that agrees... for once, UND got a homer call. Color me shocked.

Dont get me wrong... UND played a good game and deserved the win. However, that was a momentum changer. Had it not been disallowed, who knows. Anyhow... Ill step off my soap box. I have loads of respect for the program UND has and hope NMU gets to play them more in the future.

SJHovey
12-13-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't necessarily disagree. However, Rule 73.1 reads:

Interference on the Goalkeeper - A player of the attacking team may stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, or skate through the goal crease, unless, in the opinion of the official, the player is physically or visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.

If a goal is scored, it shall be disallowed.

noremorse1
12-13-2013, 11:34 PM
In the rulebook, it says you can't visually impair the goalie WHILE in the crease. Other goals you see with screens you can see the player is on the edge of the crease, which is why they count when reviewed for goalie interference. The replay clearly showed the NMU player in the crease. Which is why it was disallowed.

I believe the rule is on pg 74 of the rulebook if you want to look it up.

From what I saw he was initially in the crease and backed out before the goal was scored.

davyd83
12-13-2013, 11:45 PM
From what I saw he was initially in the crease and backed out before the goal was scored.

Tough call. I don't think you can really argue it either way.