• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Continue

Last thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ance-of-drivel
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

About time

Comment

Took me a bit of time to find this thread-I had half expected a different title. Let me throw this one out there-we are currently the best first period team in the nation(outscoring opponents 27-5). I am not sure i can ever remember an RPI so dominating in scoring in the first 20 minutes. Why is it then-that after the first 20 minutes we have been outscored and shot in both the second and third periods? Are we changing our approach after leading in the first period? Are other teams adapting to us so quickly after falling behind? Is this a classic case of Jekyll and Hyde? What needs to be done?
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Took me a bit of time to find this thread-I had half expected a different title. Let me throw this one out there-we are currently the best first period team in the nation(outscoring opponents 27-5). I am not sure i can ever remember an RPI so dominating in scoring in the first 20 minutes. Why is it then-that after the first 20 minutes we have been outscored and shot in both the second and third periods? Are we changing our approach after leading in the first period? Are other teams adapting to us so quickly after falling behind? Is this a classic case of Jekyll and Hyde? What needs to be done?
        Maybe our conditioning is worse than we thought... although based on some of our games, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

Took me a bit of time to find this thread-I had half expected a different title.
          I was too lazy to look through the previous thread for other title suggestions. My first thought was "The Road to Lake Placid is Covered with Frozen Drivel" but that sounded too negative.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I was too lazy to look through the previous thread for other title suggestions. My first thought was "The Road to Lake Placid is Covered with Frozen Drivel" but that sounded too negative.
            I'd have gone with just "Drivel."
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I'd have gone with just "Drivel."
              Or perhaps "Dribble."
              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                Or perhaps "Dribble."
                That's for the thread about the basketball team.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So one of Ralph's typical tags is now "fire flagdude08"? I'm honoured.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    You can't be sure it is me.

I add that most of the times it has appeared, it wasn't me who posted it.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      No, you're honored.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        You can't be sure it is me.

I add that most of the times it has appeared, it wasn't me who posted it.
                        I'm well aware that it was jericho who thought I should join the circus.

Comment

Here's a thought - let's petition to make college hockey games only 20 minutes. After all college basketball has a different length of game than the pros so why not hockey? Actually my theory on Dr. D's cogent observation is that after the first period Appert is telling the boys to ease off the gas pedal and save something for the Nationals :-)
                          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                            Here's a thought - let's petition to make college hockey games only 20 minutes. After all college basketball has a different length of game than the pros so why not hockey? Actually my theory on Dr. D's cogent observation is that after the first period Appert is telling the boys to ease off the gas pedal and save something for the Nationals :-)
                            But the Nationals play baseball. Why should he do that?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It seems to me that it is all a matter of adjustments. The opposition makes adjustments in the second and third period, and we don't counter.
                              I believe that we continue to play the same in the second period, and if we still have the lead in the third, we do seem to sit back a little.
                              The games we have given up the lead in the third, we have very little offensive zone play.
                              At least, that is the way it looks to me. Too cautious in the third period.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X