X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

video of brawl....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLkbcsNJIv0
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

And pictoral evidence of Bennett going after Appert. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be4HpmCCcAAAHl_.jpg

Comment

I'm a little surprised no penalty assessed to either coach. Here's another angle of the video, beginning before the other one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Az...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by WTOPAsstChief View Post
          I'm a little surprised no penalty assessed to either coach. Here's another angle of the video, beginning before the other one.

Probably because they know that the league will handle it.

Comment

Congratulations to RPI on the win tonight.. the better team won. I won't comment on the stuff at the end other than to say was not a proud moment for Union Hockey. Too bad because otherwise it was a very exciting game.
            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
              Congratulations to RPI on the win tonight.. the better team won. I won't comment on the stuff at the end other than to say was not a proud moment for Union Hockey. Too bad because otherwise it was a very exciting game.
              It's all good. I'm sure the teams will still get along at the hotel they stay at together in Canton.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Probably because they know that the league will handle it.
                perhaps. Regardless, great game all around up until 60:00.

#1- I went to both the Alb Devils/ADK Phantoms and the RPI/Union games today, far and away the RPI/Union game was the more exciting game.

#2- first time posting tonight in probably years, since my last post I've become an admin on another board and my **** forums with Tapatalk plugins are infinitely easier on mobile. Oh well.

Comment

perhaps. Regardless, great game all around up until 60:00.

#1- I went to both the Alb Devils/ADK Phantoms and the RPI/Union games today, far and away the RPI/Union game was the more exciting game.

#2- first time posting tonight in probably years, since my last post I've become an admin on another board and my **** forums with Tapatalk plugins are infinitely easier on mobile. Oh well.
                  Welcome back, good to see you on here.

Comment

At the game it happened so fast I wasn't sure what started it. This video makes it clear that the trigger was Bodie cross-checking Higgs in the face. That may explain why Bennett was so apologetic at the press conference. By then I'm sure he'd seen the video and knew that it was his player that was responsible (which is usually the case - the winning team rarely starts the post-game brawl).
                    Last edited by rpi82; 01-26-2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Welcome back, good to see you on here.
                      thanks, I've followed RPI for probably 20 years now, ever since I could pronounce the word red. but went to school at Oswego and have been following D3 for probably 7 years now. terrible year for them this year. I lost my Yanks, my Jets, my OSU Lakers, and now my engineers are bottom dwellers. I think I'll take 2014 off from sports.
                      Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      At the game it happened so fast I wasn't sure what started it. This video makes it clear that the trigger was Bodie cross-checking Higgs in the face. That may explain why Bennett was so apologetic at the press conference. By then I'm sure he'd seen the video and knew that it was his player that was responsible (which is usually the case - the winning team rarely starts the post-game brawl).
                      Yeah, I was just pretty close and I thought I remembered Union starting it cleanly, but on the video it honestly looks pretty even handed. Bodie with the cross check to higgs, but then higgs tore Bodie's helmet off right about the same time, maybe a second after. But then the weird part is THAT all but ended and then Union started picking off our guys as they came off the bench it seemed.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/ecac...ost-game-fight

Video of fight
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Forget about the going after Appert part. That is not the problem. Coaches in all sports have fought each other plenty of times before without losing their jobs. Siena's Mike Deane and BU's Mike Jarvis is the best one I ever saw. They momentarily actually made contact before assistants almost instantly yanked them apart. The real problem here is the local TV video. A punch Bennett threw APPEARS (emphasis on appears) to have been aimed at RPI's Milos Bubela. What is crystal clear, regardless of whether the punch was actually aimed at Bubela or not, is that it struck him around the neck area. If Bennett is able to survive that then throw the guy a big dinner since he survived something even the great Woody Hayes could not survive

Comment

thanks, I've followed RPI for probably 20 years now, ever since I could pronounce the word red. but went to school at Oswego and have been following D3 for probably 7 years now. terrible year for them this year. I lost my Yanks, my Jets, my OSU Lakers, and now my engineers are bottom dwellers. I think I'll take 2014 off from sports.

Yeah, I was just pretty close and I thought I remembered Union starting it cleanly, but on the video it honestly looks pretty even handed. Bodie with the cross check to higgs, but then higgs tore Bodie's helmet off right about the same time, maybe a second after. But then the weird part is THAT all but ended and then Union started picking off our guys as they came off the bench it seemed.
                            When I took another look at it, the only RPI player that seemed to really start anything is Haggerty, and that comes to no surprise given the amount of crud he has started in previous matches this year. I don't blame Higgs given most people wouldn't take a cross check to the head sitting down. Obviously "my father" (who has never lived in the 21st Century, BTW) has taught all of Union to hate Curadi, and so they went after him; not sure why they always try to go after the biggest guy. Obviously with Zalewski having the winning goal, one of the players, I think it was Bodie again, went after him. All I can see is that Union got what they wanted. Instead of us talking about a great win, we're talking about them.

Comment

One thing lost in the melee is that this is the first time we have won an official game this year without Haggerty scoring a goal. Good to see another line decided to wake up.

Comment

from an outsider's perspective, i see #22 from union start the whole thing with a vicious cross check to the throat of an rpi player as the game ends. pretty sad that he apparently couldn't handle losing to rpi for the first time in forever. what a baby. also pretty sad that meathead bennett apparently suffered a case of roid rage.

Comment

Working...
                                X