X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    I think the last win may have been a black Friday game in which we won in OT on a power play. But I could be wrong.
    OK, so you got me thinking and I poked around the team website. We lost to Union at the TU last year so that's not it. The last win against them was Black Saturday '10; that was indeed an OT win. I'm ready for a win Saturday, might be the last time we play them this season.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
      I think the last win may have been a black Friday game in which we won in OT on a power play. But I could be wrong.
      Black Saturday. Marty O'Grady tied it up with 0.2 seconds left while Yorkie was on the bench and we were on a major PP. We won on a Nick Bailen rocket from the right dot on a 5x3 PP in OT. It was great.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Today is January 22, 2014. There are 7 players ahead of Ryan Haggerty. Did you vote todaywithin the last 24 hours?

Vote HERE.

There are two players within 100 of Haggs. Let's close the gap.
        RPI Pep Band
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Today is January 22, 2014. There are 7 players ahead of Ryan Haggerty. Did you vote todaywithin the last 24 hours?

Vote HERE.

There are two players within 100 of Haggs. Let's close the gap.
          You seem really, really into this for a process that awards less of a percentage toward the actual award than any individual voter gets, since there's around 30 of them.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            You seem really, really into this for a process that awards less of a percentage toward the actual award than any individual voter gets, since there's around 30 of them.
            I agree that it is basically a waste of time (like voting for a Republican here in DC), but one can also look at it as an effort in building school spirit which isn't a bad idea.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-22-2014, 06:00 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
              Wasn't the last win against Union in one of these Albany-TU/Pepsi non-league games? Didn't it go to a shootout?
              Not straight win, but I believe it was the last regulation win, in 2007 (my senior year).

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                RPI Pep Band
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

How much does Seth get paid? Has had a bad run. I hope he isn't getting paid more than Fridgen got paid. Fridg had an ECAC championship his first year as head coach with kids he recruited as an assistant. We were ****ed when we didn't get to Placid. Now we never go to to final 4 ecac
                  If not this year when.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    dumb picture
                    Have all the fun you want, you just seem to be taking it extremely seriously.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                      How much does Seth get paid? Has had a bad run. I hope he isn't getting paid more than Fridgen got paid. Fridg had an ECAC championship his first year as head coach with kids he recruited as an assistant. We were ****ed when we didn't get to Placid. Now we never go to to final 4 ecac
                      If not this year when.
                      Given coaching salary is one of the things not controlled by the student union's budget, have fun getting that out of the Colonel. I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting more, even if only for inflationary reasons.

Comment

If anyone is interested, there is a nice article about Luke Curadi on timesunion.com
                        Click on hockey and look under college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          If anyone is interested, there is a nice article about Luke Curadi on timesunion.com
                          Click on hockey and look under college hockey.
                          direct link http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...on-5166644.php
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For the first time this season I remembered to listen to Ken Schott's radio segment live instead of having to listen to the archived version.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                              If not this year when.
                              @ 240K
                              Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 01-23-2014, 12:09 PM.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Anybody interested in seeing some optimism on this board?

RPI has 11 league games left on the schedule this season.

Three of those are against Dartmouth, Cornell, and Colgate. They've played all three of those this season and are 2-0-1 in those games.

The other eight are against Yale, Brown, Clarkson, and St. Lawrence. They haven't played any of those this season, but last year, they went 7-0-1 against that group (not counting playoff games, which, as we all understand, are a completely different animal from regular season games).

I'm going to predict that, with the possible exception of this Saturday's non-league game against Union, RPI's going to go undefeated the rest of the way.

After all, with only one exception, this is the same aggregation of talent that was considered a favorite to finish first in the ECAC this year. Wouldn't this be a great time for them to start playing up to expectations?

Comment

Working...
                                X