X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    So, I was perusing through the NCAA Ice Hockey rule book, and had a thought: Why haven't other teams tried to gain a psychological advantage on the 7th man by forcing us into white jerseys during Freakout or Black Friday? Or why didn't we use the rule as a psychological advantage at the end of 2011-12 when we could only win games away from HFH?

For those that don't know, here's the rule:

Perhaps a little too sophomoric?
    IIRC, the jerseys RPI wore on Black Tuesday violated the rule, since the numbers on the jerseys did not contrast with the overall jersey color.

Was a bench minor penalty assessed, as the rule stipulates? Or was Harvard too gracious to call it to the refs' attention?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      IIRC, the jerseys RPI wore on Black Tuesday violated the rule, since the numbers on the jerseys did not contrast with the overall jersey color.

Was a bench minor penalty assessed, as the rule stipulates? Or was Harvard too gracious to call it to the refs' attention?
      Or better yet, were they even aware of the rule? Some of these are a bit obscure, similar to how in some states it is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket on a Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by bbnews60 View Post
        Perhaps the team is being too conditioned and a break of a couple days would help. Plenty of injuries have been piling up, not necessarily from games but grinding practices and other non-game related "conditioning."
        We do seem to lose more players to practice injuries than I would have ever expected. Perhaps that quote from Gloria Vanderbilt is true-"You can never be too rich or too thin or have too many forwards and defensemen."
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Higgsy's goal comes in @ #2 of this weeks NCAA Top Plays of the Week.....http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...week-wisconsin
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

in accordance with the 31 year theory.......NCAA Ice Hockey ‏@NCAAIceHockey 4h
            2016 #NCAAhockey regionals headed to Albany, NY, Cincinnati, OH, Worcester, MA and Saint Paul, MN...... https://***********/NCAAIceHockey
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Higgsy's goal comes in @ #2 of this weeks NCAA Top Plays of the Week.....http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...week-wisconsin
              But with the most camera time with the slo-mo replay. That Wisconsin goal was just plain sick, though.

Comment

in accordance with the 31 year theory.......NCAA Ice Hockey ‏@NCAAIceHockey 4h
                2016 #NCAAhockey regionals headed to Albany, NY, Cincinnati, OH, Worcester, MA and Saint Paul, MN...... https://***********/NCAAIceHockey
                I assume we are either the host or cohost in Albany.

Edit: it's the ECAC itself.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-11-2013, 06:19 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I assume we are either the host or cohost in Albany.

Edit: it's the ECAC itself.
                  Wouldn't that be the ultimate kick in the backside if RPI makes the tournament and gets shipped out west because the ECAC is the host instead of RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    Wouldn't that be the ultimate kick in the backside if RPI makes the tournament and gets shipped out west because the ECAC is the host instead of RPI.
                    Yes. They do move things around a bit for attendance, but we would be far from a lock to go there.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

.....no idea, had also forgotten about that. Anyone else get the email from Sachi today? Here's the jist of it, concerning the Sunday game........We would like to take a group Season Ticket Holder picture immediately following the game!
                      We hope to see you there! Please take a seat in Section 4/5 for the photo at the conclusion of the game.
                      Dysfuctional Family Photo op....sounds great
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

.....no idea, had also forgotten about that. Anyone else get the email from Sachi today? Here's the jist of it, concerning the Sunday game........We would like to take a group Season Ticket Holder picture immediately following the game!
                        We hope to see you there! Please take a seat in Section 4/5 for the photo at the conclusion of the game.
                        What they really should do is take a team photo. To the best of my knowledge they didn't have one last season, or at least it was never posted on the web. They don't have one this year, although other team photos including the women are up.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What they really should do is take a team photo. To the best of my knowledge they didn't have one last season, or at least it was never posted on the web. They don't have one this year, although other team photos including the women are up.
                          I found last year's team picture in my yearbook last weekend. I guess it just never made it online.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            I found last year's team picture in my yearbook last weekend. I guess it just never made it online.
                            Good to know that it exists. Odd that it was never posted since they do for all the other teams.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Perhaps they are waiting to use the picture from us winning the ECAC or NCAA tourney's.

Comment

The Engineers failure to hold a 3rd period lead is a lack of confidence. If you think you will have a problem holding a lead you will. Or maybe it's the fact that they are trying to "hold" and lost the aggression that got them the lead.
                                Regardless this is not just an on ice problem. It is a bench and locker room problem. It is is a lack of leadership from upperclassmen and coaches. It's time for the upperclassmen to go out and finish a "big" game.
                                I know they can turn these 3rd period blues around and I believe they will. It would have been good to finish off QPac but still not a bad game.

Comment

Working...
                                X